Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Atlas Micro Gallery (UPDATE Sundra Starflower!)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
363 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2006 :  23:39:39  Show Profile  Visit Drakul's Homepage  Click to see Drakul's MSN Messenger address Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Alias (No idea who she is)

Do you recall Curse of the Azure Bonds??

Realms of Roleplaying *We are recruiting DMs/GMs and Players*
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Realms_of_RPG/index.php?act=idx
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2006 :  01:22:51  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drakul

quote:
Alias (No idea who she is)

Do you recall Curse of the Azure Bonds??

See her character entry in the 2e Heroes' Lorebook for more on Alias.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2006 :  01:25:27  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by atlas689

Yamun Kahan (dont have a reference pic)
There's an image of Yamun in the 2e The Horde boxed set which is available for free download at WotC.

Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2006 :  05:20:31  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage  Send atlas689 an AOL message Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Presenting Vhaeraun, God of Theivery of the Drow Pantheon...

Vhaeraun

Hope you guys like it, more to come!
-Atlas

Soldiers fight, thieves steal, bards sing, wizards cast, sages think, assassins kill. Good or Evil we all have a job. So tell me this. What the hell are nobles and merchants for?

by: An Old Sage (anonymous)
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
363 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2006 :  08:42:05  Show Profile  Visit Drakul's Homepage  Click to see Drakul's MSN Messenger address Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Outstanding work, Atlas.

Realms of Roleplaying *We are recruiting DMs/GMs and Players*
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Realms_of_RPG/index.php?act=idx
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2006 :  17:21:04  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage  Send atlas689 an AOL message Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Presenting the redone Drizzt Do'Urden the goodly drow elf ranger...

Drizzt Do'Urden

Hope you like it(I'm not sure if you guys are digging them or not from the lack of comments),more to come, Tempus thanks you(proper response is "And I thank Tempus")!
-Atlas

Soldiers fight, thieves steal, bards sing, wizards cast, sages think, assassins kill. Good or Evil we all have a job. So tell me this. What the hell are nobles and merchants for?

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5584 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2006 :  20:37:52  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

This work has now been included in Ken's Gallery of Faerūn as part of todays site update.

I'll update this periodically with any new items which appear herein

Splendid work, i'm certainly looking forward to seeing some of the upcoming additions

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Aquanova
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2006 :  23:34:13  Show Profile  Visit Aquanova's Homepage Send Aquanova a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Presenting the redone Drizzt Do'Urden the goodly drow elf ranger...

Drizzt Do'Urden

Hope you like it(I'm not sure if you guys are digging them or not from the lack of comments),more to come, Tempus thanks you(proper response is "And I thank Tempus")!
-Atlas

Awesome. That's much better than your original Drizzt (no offense).

About your depiction of Mask... seeing as the Shadowlord shifts form often, it's very well possible that Mask may take an avatar such as that. I did always see him with an actual mask though, as opposed to the sort of veil you gave him. Kinda like Brom's art of him in F&{

But seriously, they're all awesome. Keep up the good work.
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2006 :  01:24:17  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage  Send atlas689 an AOL message Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much for the comments. As I have been working with micros for probably a little over a year now I probably have only trully become "good" with them for the past one to two(at the most) months. When I did the bulk of my micros one must understand this when seeing micros such as Jarlaxle or Entreri(soon to be redone). All I hope for is that as I go along I can look back upon my work and see continual improvement. One can only do their best in this world to try their best!
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  01:47:16  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage  Send atlas689 an AOL message Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Presenting the redone Artemis Entreri...

Artemis Entreri

Hope you like it, more to come!
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  02:00:32  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Presenting the redone Artemis Entreri...

Artemis Entreri

-Atlas

Great work, Atlas689, keep it going!

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Eremite
Learned Scribe

Singapore
182 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  15:49:35  Show Profile  Visit Eremite's Homepage Send Eremite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Atlas,

I really like your work. Thanks for sharing!

Best
E
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  03:54:18  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage  Send atlas689 an AOL message Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Presenting the redone Jarlaxle Baenre...

Jarlaxle Baenre

Hope you like it, PLEASE COMMENT, more to come!
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  04:07:10  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, neato .

You've even got the hat! I always felt though that Jarlaxle would wear more "festive" (and by that I mean colourful) attire... but this works nonetheless. Good stuff.

Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  09:23:44  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, great piece of work Atlas, for the new Jarlaxle indeed does have the style and fashion he is known to have. Keep it going.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  09:30:41  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Oh, neato .

You've even got the hat! I always felt though that Jarlaxle would wear more "festive" (and by that I mean colourful) attire... but this works nonetheless. Good stuff.

He has got a pretty snazzy cloak
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2006 :  05:25:07  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage  Send atlas689 an AOL message Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok so I didnt exactly like how Jarlaxle came out. He was to mishmoshed even though he is known to have that look. So, I went the other way and went with the structured look of Todd Lockwood's Jarlaxle. So without further ado, Presenting the redo redo of Jarlaxle Baenre...

Jarlaxle Baenre

Hope you like it, tell me which you like better, more to come!
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2006 :  05:34:13  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I prefer your previous interpretation of Jarlaxle...

Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2006 :  06:36:51  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage  Send atlas689 an AOL message Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the comments guys! Anyhow, Presenting the redone Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun...

BEFORE...
Old Khelben Arunsun

AFTER...
Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun

Hopefully one can say I've improved a little , hope you guys like it, more to come!
-Atlas

Edited by - atlas689 on 29 Apr 2006 06:45:08
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2006 :  21:47:05  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage  Send atlas689 an AOL message Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Presenting the redone Alustriel Silverhand...

Before
Old Alustriel Silverhand

After
Alustriel Silverhand

-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2006 :  01:10:41  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I prefer the old version of Alustriel. It reminds me more of what the Lady K looked like when she tried to adopt a similar guise for a fancy dress party we attended last year.

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1632 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2006 :  22:50:52  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for all the comments guys! Anyhow, Presenting the redone Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun...

BEFORE...
Old Khelben Arunsun

AFTER...
Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun

Hopefully one can say I've improved a little , hope you guys like it, more to come!
-Atlas

Very fun, and I actually like both views. Given that the Chosen can look as they wish, both work for me.

That said, Khelben (in my mind) keeps himself looking about mid-40ish with shoulder length black hair--keep that widow's peak you've done, but the grey sideburns aren't quite right. The only grey/white in his hair is in that wedge on his chin within a full close-trimmed beard.....but then again, the only people who'd notice details this niggling are me, Ed, Elaine, and perhaps the Hooded Lady herein....

Don't suppose I could beg a 3rd version, could I?

Seriously, very fun images and cool details here. I also really enjoyed your newest Drizz't. Keep up the good work.

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2006 :  01:02:54  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage  Send atlas689 an AOL message Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could defienetly tweak his face and hair for you if you could run by the proper description by me again (not the sharpest crayon in the crayon box). Also I hope that the body and clothes are fine, anyhow please respond soon for I'm a little (OCD) and don't like to start another micro until I'm really done with the one I'm working on (even if that means going back and editing it), Tempus thanks you!
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1632 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2006 :  00:34:58  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I could defienetly tweak his face and hair for you if you could run by the proper description by me again (not the sharpest crayon in the crayon box). Also I hope that the body and clothes are fine, anyhow please respond soon for I'm a little (OCD) and don't like to start another micro until I'm really done with the one I'm working on (even if that means going back and editing it), Tempus thanks you!
-Atlas

He only needs longer, darker hair with the white wedge beneath his mouth on his chin (no other gray/white). His beard is full but close-trimmed (i.e not long and bushy like Elminster's but tight to the face, like Sean Connery). All other details look fine, especially that craggy blackstaff with your first icon.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2006 :  04:42:24  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage  Send atlas689 an AOL message Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So sorry that I was slow on my micros to all, I have been working hard with my school work and I do not do micros when I am unhappy( resulted from the school work) for when I do I do not have the patience to sit down and work hard on the details. Anyhow I hope this version of Khelben is better, little to no change other than the hair and the beard, BUT I was able to pump out a pretty satisfying Yamun Khahan...

Redone Khelben Arunsun

Yamun Khahan

Hope you like them, I really have no clue who to do next, b.t.w. liches wont be hard now i figured out a way to make them, more to come(Please Comment, even a small cool or large body of text), Tempus thanks you!
-Atlas

Edited by - atlas689 on 04 May 2006 16:04:54
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000