Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Atlas Micro Gallery (UPDATE Sundra Starflower!)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  02:00:32  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by atlas689

Presenting the redone Artemis Entreri...

Artemis Entreri

Hope you like it, more to come!
-Atlas

Great work, Atlas689, keep it going!

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Eremite
Learned Scribe

Singapore
182 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  15:49:35  Show Profile  Visit Eremite's Homepage Send Eremite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Atlas,

I really like your work. Thanks for sharing!

Best
E
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  03:54:18  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Presenting the redone Jarlaxle Baenre...

Jarlaxle Baenre

Hope you like it, PLEASE COMMENT, more to come!
-Atlas

Soldiers fight, thieves steal, bards sing, wizards cast, sages think, assassins kill. Good or Evil we all have a job. So tell me this. What the hell are nobles and merchants for?

by: An Old Sage (anonymous)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  04:07:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, neato .

You've even got the hat! I always felt though that Jarlaxle would wear more "festive" (and by that I mean colourful) attire... but this works nonetheless. Good stuff.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  09:23:44  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, great piece of work Atlas, for the new Jarlaxle indeed does have the style and fashion he is known to have. Keep it going.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  09:30:41  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Oh, neato .

You've even got the hat! I always felt though that Jarlaxle would wear more "festive" (and by that I mean colourful) attire... but this works nonetheless. Good stuff.

He has got a pretty snazzy cloak
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2006 :  05:25:07  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok so I didnt exactly like how Jarlaxle came out. He was to mishmoshed even though he is known to have that look. So, I went the other way and went with the structured look of Todd Lockwood's Jarlaxle. So without further ado, Presenting the redo redo of Jarlaxle Baenre...

Jarlaxle Baenre

Hope you like it, tell me which you like better, more to come!
-Atlas

Soldiers fight, thieves steal, bards sing, wizards cast, sages think, assassins kill. Good or Evil we all have a job. So tell me this. What the hell are nobles and merchants for?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2006 :  05:34:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I prefer your previous interpretation of Jarlaxle...

Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2006 :  06:36:51  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the comments guys! Anyhow, Presenting the redone Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun...

BEFORE...
Old Khelben Arunsun

AFTER...
Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun

Hopefully one can say I've improved a little , hope you guys like it, more to come!
-Atlas

Edited by - atlas689 on 29 Apr 2006 06:45:08
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2006 :  21:47:05  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Presenting the redone Alustriel Silverhand...

Before
Old Alustriel Silverhand

After
Alustriel Silverhand

Hope you like it, more to come!
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2006 :  01:10:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I prefer the old version of Alustriel. It reminds me more of what the Lady K looked like when she tried to adopt a similar guise for a fancy dress party we attended last year.

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2006 :  22:50:52  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for all the comments guys! Anyhow, Presenting the redone Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun...

BEFORE...
Old Khelben Arunsun

AFTER...
Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun

Hopefully one can say I've improved a little , hope you guys like it, more to come!
-Atlas

Very fun, and I actually like both views. Given that the Chosen can look as they wish, both work for me.

That said, Khelben (in my mind) keeps himself looking about mid-40ish with shoulder length black hair--keep that widow's peak you've done, but the grey sideburns aren't quite right. The only grey/white in his hair is in that wedge on his chin within a full close-trimmed beard.....but then again, the only people who'd notice details this niggling are me, Ed, Elaine, and perhaps the Hooded Lady herein....

Don't suppose I could beg a 3rd version, could I?

Seriously, very fun images and cool details here. I also really enjoyed your newest Drizz't. Keep up the good work.

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2006 :  01:02:54  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could defienetly tweak his face and hair for you if you could run by the proper description by me again (not the sharpest crayon in the crayon box). Also I hope that the body and clothes are fine, anyhow please respond soon for I'm a little (OCD) and don't like to start another micro until I'm really done with the one I'm working on (even if that means going back and editing it), Tempus thanks you!
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2006 :  00:34:58  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I could defienetly tweak his face and hair for you if you could run by the proper description by me again (not the sharpest crayon in the crayon box). Also I hope that the body and clothes are fine, anyhow please respond soon for I'm a little (OCD) and don't like to start another micro until I'm really done with the one I'm working on (even if that means going back and editing it), Tempus thanks you!
-Atlas

He only needs longer, darker hair with the white wedge beneath his mouth on his chin (no other gray/white). His beard is full but close-trimmed (i.e not long and bushy like Elminster's but tight to the face, like Sean Connery). All other details look fine, especially that craggy blackstaff with your first icon.

Steven

Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2006 :  04:42:24  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So sorry that I was slow on my micros to all, I have been working hard with my school work and I do not do micros when I am unhappy( resulted from the school work) for when I do I do not have the patience to sit down and work hard on the details. Anyhow I hope this version of Khelben is better, little to no change other than the hair and the beard, BUT I was able to pump out a pretty satisfying Yamun Khahan...

Redone Khelben Arunsun

Yamun Khahan

Hope you like them, I really have no clue who to do next, b.t.w. liches wont be hard now i figured out a way to make them, more to come(Please Comment, even a small cool or large body of text), Tempus thanks you!
-Atlas

Edited by - atlas689 on 04 May 2006 16:04:54
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2006 :  16:06:18  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry I didn't post properly my first time, I made the proper changes as to the links so they appear when clicked on, enjoy, Tempus thanks you!
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  13:00:42  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brilliant work, Atlas! Spot on. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  19:12:25  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BACK! Summer begins and so does my art too! So here I present the few I did before summer! More to come but theyll come sooner if you guys help me out with my problem which you can see here.. PROBLEM POST but without further ado I present...

Karsus the Mad
Athrogate
Calihye
Araevin Teshurr
Ilsevele Miritar
Maresa Rhost

Hope you like them, more to come, Tempus thanks you!
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  19:24:38  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No offense to the artist, but your version of Ilsevele looks much better than the one on the cover of Final Gate . . . nice work.
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  20:36:12  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So let me get this straight. You're doing these by hand with MSPaint?

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  22:47:53  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol well technically no, I'm doing it by mouse...ok maybe it wasnt that funny but yes the answer to your question is yes...please do help me out with my problem post!
-Atlas

Edited by - atlas689 on 26 Jun 2006 22:48:16
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  02:08:08  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Presenting Shandril Shessair...

Shandril Shessair

Hope you guys like it more to come!
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  02:20:17  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very cute. Although I don't think Athrogate deserved his own sprite.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 27 Jun 2006 02:20:33
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  18:11:55  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Presenting Erevis Cale...

Erevis Cale

Hope you like it more to come, and also does anybody know what is the length and texture (curly, straight, messy, spiked, etc) of Fflar's hair and what is his eye color, this is for a micro of mine please reply soon, Tempus thanks you!
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  18:26:41  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a picture of the Shrinshee:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/leof_gallery/86714.jpg

And one of Fflar:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/leof_gallery/86713.jpg

The Fflar one is kind of hard to see in this view, but he has very long hair and he has a number of braids running down the sides of his hair. His back is turned toward the viewer in the picture, however.
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  18:32:20  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also note that the Srinshee's appearance shifts as she sees fit, between all of the Elven subraces. Her "original" form was that of a Sun Elf; the one pictured there is her as a Moon Elf.

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  18:34:46  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hm . . . any chance for a Shade Cale, with grey skin and yellow eyes, the way he appears if its dark around him?
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2006 :  02:11:58  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure... well to be honest I know nothing of Cale other than he has his own books and hes a chosen of mask i know like he was an assasin and rogue but wanted a new life something like that but for as anything to do with shades... i have no clue so maybe if i get some info about that form of Cale i can do it better i based my micro off of the small picture of his face on the cover of his book, also if anybody has a pic of barauble (sp) of cormyr (as hes my favorite character) i would love to get it to do his micro as for the pictures, heres my new rule if you give me references ill do any character as long as i admit i can do it (cant do huge demons and devils etc)! Tempus thanks you please tell me more about this shade thing so i can get it done, more to come!
-Atlas

P.S. If anybody wants to learn how to do these micros i can put a file together as a "starter kit" for you and if you want personal lessons pm me for my sn (please let me no if any of you guys or girls want this)

Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2006 :  15:45:49  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Presenting Fflar Starbrow Melruth and an updated Araevin Teshurr...

Fflar Starbrow Melruth
Araevin Teshurr

Hope you like them, more to come, keep the requests coming and pictures too, Tempus thanks you!
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

Arkhaedun
Senior Scribe

869 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2006 :  16:44:59  Show Profile  Visit Arkhaedun's Homepage Send Arkhaedun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice work Atlas . . . thanks for all of your work here.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000