Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Judging books by their covers....sort of.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2006 :  18:17:00  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'd prefer to see the original trilogy rereleased with the original artwork... I'm not a huge fan of Clyde Caldwell (what is it with that round red gemstone?!?)

What I thought was funny was the whole "trying to find an in game explanation of the gem" school of thought when one of his paintings seemed to dominate the "look" of a given character (for example Strahd).
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2006 :  20:47:36  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

NOw - I'm NOT saying this is the reason new artwork is added to older books - but *I* for one have on several occasions bought new books - only to bring them home and discover that they are not new - but have new art on them.

And I work in a bookstore!

Certainly - making it more attractive to a current 'demographic' of buyer may be another aspect. While I really enjoy the Elmore/Parkinson/ Etc line of artists - I don't overly dis-like any of the current crop of artists. They are different - and if that helps them sell more - than so be it. More sales will hopefully lead to more fans - and more new books coming out.

I'm not positive about this - but I would say that the Forgotten Realms is probably the 2nd most prolific Shared-World project ever! I would imagine that Start Trek may still be ahead of it - but I see that franchise in shared-world seemingly coming out with fewer new titles these days. Heck - I remember when we would get in as many as 3-4 new Trek novels a month! (or so it seemed at least!)

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000