Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Wizards Series
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  08:56:58  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SheriffJoe

Whoops....looks like I started a new topic too soon!! Sorry guys!

Mark has been editing the Eberron books and has Tales of the Last War coming out next month. I THINK Frostfell is his first novel, though I can't be sure! Anyway, I'm looking forward to this series. Hopefully it's as good a series as The Fighters has been.

I think Wizards is trying to keep specific authors in specific realms. Baker, Bassingthwaite and Forbeck seem to be Eberron authors now, while Bolme, De Bie, Kemp, Lebow and Smedman, among others, remain in the Realms.

This is a good thing...especially if you are a fan of all these guys (and gals)!

So far I have been a fan of them all. crossings "worlds" or whatever could be good, just would need to ensure the authors were familar with each particular setting, at least with what they were currently writing about.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2006 :  09:30:17  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Just a quick reminder that the Bloodwalk and Blackstaff threads are now available in the Candlekeep Book Club for those wishing to discuss the novels at this level. Both authors will be available to answer any questions ye may have

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2006 :  22:49:02  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder when we'll ever see the cover art for Frostfell and Darkvision.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2006 :  23:55:43  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Ask, and ye shall receive (partly at least): Darkvision

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2006 :  01:16:36  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:

Ask, and ye shall receive (partly at least): Darkvision

Cool, thanks! And we have...a lady with red hair. =-|

Seriously, thanks though.

Turns out, Darkvision is about the character Ususi from Cordell's other book, Lady of Poison.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 03 Jul 2006 01:17:46
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2006 :  01:33:03  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also want to mention that I love the style of these wizard covers--I don't really know how to describe this, but they seem both modern and "retro" at the same time...kind of like a throwback to older covers that actually give you a good idea of what these characters might really look like.

Compare them to the characters on the Fighter's series covers--they are pretty much all a blur and highly stylized (same goes for some of the other new covers).

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 03 Jul 2006 01:35:42
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2006 :  01:39:38  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hm . . . guess I'll be reading Lady of Poison before I get Darkvision . . .
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2006 :  04:07:29  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Hm . . . guess I'll be reading Lady of Poison before I get Darkvision . . .

May help, unless Bruce Cordell is using a different Ususi who--by strange coincidence--also happens to be a Deep Imaskari wizard who lives away from her people, just like the one in Lady of Poison. ;)

Anyway, I though Lady of Poision was quite a good book, so it's worth the read in any case.

Go to Top of Page

Mark S.
Forgotten Realms Author

60 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2006 :  17:51:28  Show Profile  Visit Mark S.'s Homepage Send Mark S. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I saw the final cover of FROSTFELL a couple of weeks ago. The Art Director literally just finished it. I suspect it will be up at Wizards.com, Amazon, or even Random House fairly soon. It looks great! All of the Wizards covers look outstanding. I love 'em.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2006 :  20:15:08  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark S.

quote:

I saw the final cover of FROSTFELL a couple of weeks ago. The Art Director literally just finished it. I suspect it will be up at Wizards.com, Amazon, or even Random House fairly soon. It looks great! All of the Wizards covers look outstanding. I love 'em.

Well met

Thank ye for the info, Mark, and welcome to Candlekeep

if anyone stumbles upon this image, return here forthwith I'm very happy with the look of the covers in this series and i'm sure it will be equally as stunning as the first three.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Mark S.
Forgotten Realms Author

60 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2006 :  21:48:14  Show Profile  Visit Mark S.'s Homepage Send Mark S. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie
I don't have my book with me, but isn't "Frostfell" also a spell in Frostburn? Basically a mini-ice age?

Yup. The title of Wizards 4, Frostfell, is in reference to the spell, not the region.

Go to Top of Page

Mark S.
Forgotten Realms Author

60 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2006 :  23:57:49  Show Profile  Visit Mark S.'s Homepage Send Mark S. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
if anyone stumbles upon this image, return here forthwith I'm very happy with the look of the covers in this series and i'm sure it will be equally as stunning as the first three.

Well, there's a tiny image on page 13 of the Random House catalogue here:

http://www.randomhouse.biz/international/PDFs/PDF2006/Dec_On_Sale_web.pdf

Not the best picture quality by any means, but there it is.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2006 :  00:17:45  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That picture is...kinda cool, from what I can see of it.

Go to Top of Page

O Love
Acolyte

Germany
49 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  20:17:23  Show Profile  Visit O Love's Homepage Send O Love a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo
if anyone stumbles upon this image, return here forthwith

Uh uh, pick me!

"Frostfell" cover (37 kB)

Mod Edit: Link repaired.

Edited by - The Sage on 05 Aug 2006 01:10:20
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  20:36:41  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by O Love

quote:

Uh uh, pick me!

I'm getting a page not found error. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  20:55:39  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

quote:

Uh uh, pick me!

Try this http://www.o-love.net/realms/head_wiz.html#Darkvision
I like this cover best of the four.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

O Love
Acolyte

Germany
49 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  21:00:58  Show Profile  Visit O Love's Homepage Send O Love a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Link corrected, sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  21:24:40  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

Try this http://www.o-love.net/realms/head_wiz.html#Darkvision
I like this cover best of the four.

Very cool. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  21:47:18  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Both Darkvision and Frostfell have awesome covers. I hope they are good books too.

I wonder why they haven't picked up a book on Tulrun or the Mistmaster. There are some cool stories just waiting to be told.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2006 :  01:11:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Uh uh, pick me!

Mod Edit: Link repaired.

I like it.

Kind of reminds me of those "hypothetical" wolfens that were supposedly attached to the SJ setting.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2006 :  01:43:49  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Very cool. :)

Literally. Although that mage looks rather snooty.

Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2006 :  22:47:57  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Although that mage looks rather snooty.

That could be said about a lot of mages. Like that doesn't get said often right? I couldn't help myself. I had to say it, Mystra forgive me.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2006 :  23:01:30  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wandering_mage

That could be said about a lot of mages.

Yeah, but of all the mages on the Wizard covers (indeed, out of most FR covers, period, that I can recall) this guy looks the most smug.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000