Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Ghostwalker: Chapters 4 - 7
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  19:50:27  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

quote:
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Enjoyed? I want now to see a dwarven book penned by you, Erik!

Some day -- I promise.

quote:
I have that strange feeling that always exist more than what Iīm seeing (and Iīm not talking about Talthaliel here). Talking with a deceptive tiefling donīt help this.

I take that as high praise.

quote:
And by the way, english is easy, believe me! Brazilian portuguese is a real kick in the ***

I've always wanted to learn Portuguese. It seems like a cool tongue. Unfortunately, I don't have a knack for linguism -- that would be the other half of my household, who learns languages over the summers and such.

quote:
Good. Itīs stated in some supplement, or something created by you?

It first appeared in Sword and Fist, and was updated for 3.5 in the DMG. It's a specific weapon, not a particular property, but I wouldn't guess it would be too difficult to slap a ghost touch enchantment on one of those swords.

quote:
Yup, I just find Unddreth in the Silver Marches. Well, as I have said, it will be interesting to see a dwarf created by you. The care and the good way that you treat all the races and "character classes" in Ghostwalker put me to think thay you would be one of the guys that will treat the stout folk properly.

Thanks! I like to think so as well. I guess we'll find out when I get around to writing a dwarf one of these days.

quote:
The eternal teaser, eh? You received lessons of a certain kender of a certain trilogy of a certain other setting?

Shh! We don't talk about that Dragonlance thing here!

Oh cripes -- Alaundo's staff!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 13 Sep 2006 21:07:32
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  20:32:56  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Cheers

Ahem...Kender? where? Why i'll batter the blighters if they think of stealing our tomes

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  20:39:59  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Take it easy Alaundo, I left that nice gnome with the blowtorch to look after them. It was right by those copies of Once Around the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  21:37:25  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Some day -- I promise.

Aha! You have sait it! Now remember, we dwarves have good memories. I will wait for it (and put Hammer and Mace alert, too).

quote:
It first appeared in Sword and Fist, and was updated for 3.5 in the DMG. It's a specific weapon, not a particular property, but I wouldn't guess it would be too difficult to slap a ghost touch enchantment on one of those swords.

Ouch! In the DMG and I donīt have see it? What a shame...

quote:

Cheers

You have luck! Itīs better confront the wrath of Alaundoīs staff that the terror that is the Swarm of Giant Space Hamsters of Ill Omen minis!!!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

riot the outsider
Learned Scribe

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2008 :  20:00:09  Show Profile Send riot the outsider a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! great job Erik,you are in my top ten. Walker looks like and acts just like me.If I were going to get revenge.Hes omnius, the whole book so far is omnius and errie.I love this kind of writting kind of gothic but not to dark.Depths was like this too,but so far I've only read five chapters of that . Maybe I'll write a continue of walker's story if thats ok with you. Alot of people want an book with walker in it.Keep writting Erik and I'll keep reading.Even your spellplague novels as well. P.s. still waiting for whisper hope you get that set up soon.

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do. http://s13.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=67846

Edited by - riot the outsider on 07 Sep 2008 20:07:22
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2008 :  21:20:10  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you're enjoying, and I hope you keep reading!

Now, don't read into this comment, but . . . make sure you read the rest of the novel before you start a piece to continue Walker's story.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

riot the outsider
Learned Scribe

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2008 :  22:52:24  Show Profile Send riot the outsider a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acourse I will. I need all the details.And thank you Erik.

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do. http://s13.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=67846

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2009 :  16:31:28  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that I have reached this point of the novel, my interest in Walker has increased even more. Ominous and mysterious. I like that.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2009 :  16:39:06  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Now that I have reached this point of the novel, my interest in Walker has increased even more. Ominous and mysterious. I like that.

It only gets better

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2009 :  17:08:24  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Exactly. The development of Walker, as a character, became greater and greater while weīre reading.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2009 :  17:58:20  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is getting me excited.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000