Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Sea campaign
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cudi
Acolyte

Germany
21 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  14:14:36  Show Profile Send cudi a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm running an adventure by the seas(see of fallen stars and the ocean too) I already have all 3.5 material. I have few things of old edition. I've found something interesting but I'm not sure. What should I look for?
I'm looking for infos on coastal towns, ships, pirates, fleets...
I guess there is much, isn't it?

------

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  15:50:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 2e tomes Sea of Fallen Stars and Pirates of the Fallen Stars should provide you with a decent enough grounding for which to base a sea campaign in the Realms.

Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast and Volo's Guide to the North cover the coastlines touching on the Trackless Sea and Sea of Swords. In addition, the Lands of Intrigue and Empires of the Shining Sea boxed set have details on many of the port towns and cities that lie along the southern coast of the Trackless Sea and Shining Sea.

The 2e Vilhon Reach tome gives you enough basic lore on ports and coastal realms for that region. And the Moonsea sourcebook covers the operations of naval fleets, coastal towns, and pirates for that locale. The 1e/2e FRCS also have lore on the Dragon Coast, and Volo's Guide to Cormyr details a little about the coastal regions for the Forest Kingdom (as does the Cormyr supplement).

Basically, any sourcebook for the Realms that covers a region connected to a large body of water will have the kinds of details you're looking for.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 24 Nov 2005 15:52:10
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  15:53:26  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget Of Ships and Sea from 2e. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  15:54:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and how could I forget about the Border Kingdoms and the Lake of Steam... .

Ed's POLYHEDRON articles for the Border Kingdoms and the aforementioned Empires of the Shining Sea boxed set both feature lore on the Lake of Steam.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 24 Nov 2005 15:59:01
Go to Top of Page

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  17:11:23  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can download many 2E sourcebooks as PDF files from the WotC website. http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

Goblins? *Slash* *Scream* *Thunk* What goblins?
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  11:08:21  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's generic rather than Realms specific but the book Stormwrack may be of some use.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

cudi
Acolyte

Germany
21 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  16:39:47  Show Profile Send cudi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I already have some of these, but I'll now start searching and reading the others. Thank you all very much, may Oghma bless you!

------

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000