Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Sea campaign

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cudi Posted - 24 Nov 2005 : 14:14:36
I'm running an adventure by the seas(see of fallen stars and the ocean too) I already have all 3.5 material. I have few things of old edition. I've found something interesting but I'm not sure. What should I look for?
I'm looking for infos on coastal towns, ships, pirates, fleets...
I guess there is much, isn't it?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cudi Posted - 25 Nov 2005 : 16:39:47
I already have some of these, but I'll now start searching and reading the others. Thank you all very much, may Oghma bless you!
Reefy Posted - 25 Nov 2005 : 11:08:21
It's generic rather than Realms specific but the book Stormwrack may be of some use.
Thureen Buroch Posted - 24 Nov 2005 : 17:11:23
You can download many 2E sourcebooks as PDF files from the WotC website. http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads
The Sage Posted - 24 Nov 2005 : 15:54:49
Oh, and how could I forget about the Border Kingdoms and the Lake of Steam... .

Ed's POLYHEDRON articles for the Border Kingdoms and the aforementioned Empires of the Shining Sea boxed set both feature lore on the Lake of Steam.
Kuje Posted - 24 Nov 2005 : 15:53:26
Don't forget Of Ships and Sea from 2e. :)
The Sage Posted - 24 Nov 2005 : 15:50:25
The 2e tomes Sea of Fallen Stars and Pirates of the Fallen Stars should provide you with a decent enough grounding for which to base a sea campaign in the Realms.

Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast and Volo's Guide to the North cover the coastlines touching on the Trackless Sea and Sea of Swords. In addition, the Lands of Intrigue and Empires of the Shining Sea boxed set have details on many of the port towns and cities that lie along the southern coast of the Trackless Sea and Shining Sea.

The 2e Vilhon Reach tome gives you enough basic lore on ports and coastal realms for that region. And the Moonsea sourcebook covers the operations of naval fleets, coastal towns, and pirates for that locale. The 1e/2e FRCS also have lore on the Dragon Coast, and Volo's Guide to Cormyr details a little about the coastal regions for the Forest Kingdom (as does the Cormyr supplement).

Basically, any sourcebook for the Realms that covers a region connected to a large body of water will have the kinds of details you're looking for.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000