Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A Dungeon Generator - Muhahaha
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2005 :  15:33:13  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I know one of the members here posted about the program that Wizards uses to make the maps. I wanted to knwo that too. But it failed it seems

Anyways, I was looking through my Forgotten Realm Realted bookmarks and I found this niffty little link I got from somewhere

http://www.rpghost.com/dungeon_gen.shtml

That should help alot for most anyone who needs to create a dungeon, rooms, whatever. You get the idea with it. I thought it worked preety well, given I don't play yet. But still, it'll come in handy for one of you!

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2005 :  17:35:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That was distributed free with Dragon a few years ago... They put out, with the magazine, a free CD with many nifty things on there. The dungeon generator was one of those freebies.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fletcher
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2005 :  17:58:23  Show Profile  Visit Fletcher's Homepage Send Fletcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember this! It was fun to mess with, but I prefer to make up my own little towns...:)

Run faster! The Kobolds are catching up!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2005 :  17:59:49  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is also this online generator http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon.cgi there is also a downloadable progrm.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2005 :  18:16:14  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll have to book mark that one as well. I figured I better had place that on here for anyone who may need it for something :)

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006
Go to Top of Page

Khaa
Seeker

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2005 :  13:11:35  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool, in case of a need in a hurry!

Ever want another forum? Well try out www.icewinddale.com
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2005 :  15:16:51  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I use that one at RPGHost every once and a while - it tends to get a little too crazy with rooms, though.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2005 :  16:44:00  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Shrug* I thought so, but hey, it's one to use if it is needed :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000