Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Fey Courts and Other Wonderings
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sourcemaster2
Senior Scribe

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2005 :  02:18:13  Show Profile  Visit Sourcemaster2's Homepage Send Sourcemaster2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Do the Seelie and Unseelie courts exist in the Realms? Are there any good sources of into on Faerunian fey in general? Are they immortal Is there a god of the fey, or are they stuck with other races' deities? Is there a social hierarchy based on which type of fey one is? Do half-fey and feytouched exist? If so, what are they supposed to descended from? Any info is useful.

But what have all the passing years/Done, but breed new angers, fears?/Show me now an equal worth/To innocence I earned at birth.

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2005 :  03:11:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. The definitive source is Monster Mythology(2E), I believe.

Unfortunately, nearly no attention has been paid to this in 3e.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2005 :  03:19:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shifting the dust from the evergrowing archives of Candlekeep, I offer this informative scroll:- http://candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3688

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2005 :  03:25:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Additionally, the 2e Spellbound boxed set introduced Seelie and Unseelie fey into the Realms.

As well, so did the Evermeet sourcebook.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2005 :  04:49:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Additionally, the 2e Spellbound boxed set introduced Seelie and Unseelie fey into the Realms.

And those fae are the ones I most want to see updated to 3E. I've never been satisfied with the treatment of the fae in D&D -- the Seelie and Unseelie were closer to what I picture the fae as being.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2005 :  05:55:19  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tom Costa has said that his forthcoming Bestiary of the Realms part II may contain seelie and unseelie sprites. Knowing him, there is bound to be some good lore about them and how they fit into Faerūn beyond their stats.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2005 :  06:53:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gray Richardson

Tom Costa has said that his forthcoming Bestiary of the Realms part II may contain seelie and unseelie sprites. Knowing him, there is bound to be some good lore about them and how they fit into Faerūn beyond their stats.

Indeed he has -- I am quite looking forward to that!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2005 :  06:56:17  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about the Faeries d20 book? Doesn't that explain a lot?

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.

Edited by - Crennen FaerieBane on 01 Nov 2005 06:56:51
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2005 :  15:45:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gray Richardson

Knowing him, there is bound to be some good lore about them and how they fit into Faerūn beyond their stats.

I think we're all hoping that'll be the case .

quote:
What about the Faeries d20 book? Doesn't that explain a lot?
See the details referenced in the scroll I linked to above. There's some discussion of the contents of the FAERIES d20 tome...

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2005 :  21:08:39  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Counselors and Kings trilogy by Elaine Cunningham features the Unseelie folk.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11700 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2005 :  14:24:40  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've also really liked the Gloura and the glimmerlings from the Underdark book. Also to note, the spirits of Rashemen are a form of fey.... and since we know that some of those spirits were once human, there is definitely a force there which converts people.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000