Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Fey Courts and Other Wonderings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sourcemaster2 Posted - 01 Nov 2005 : 02:18:13
Do the Seelie and Unseelie courts exist in the Realms? Are there any good sources of into on Faerunian fey in general? Are they immortal Is there a god of the fey, or are they stuck with other races' deities? Is there a social hierarchy based on which type of fey one is? Do half-fey and feytouched exist? If so, what are they supposed to descended from? Any info is useful.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 05 Nov 2005 : 14:24:40
I've also really liked the Gloura and the glimmerlings from the Underdark book. Also to note, the spirits of Rashemen are a form of fey.... and since we know that some of those spirits were once human, there is definitely a force there which converts people.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 01 Nov 2005 : 21:08:39
The Counselors and Kings trilogy by Elaine Cunningham features the Unseelie folk.
The Sage Posted - 01 Nov 2005 : 15:45:30
quote:
Originally posted by Gray Richardson

Knowing him, there is bound to be some good lore about them and how they fit into Faerūn beyond their stats.

I think we're all hoping that'll be the case .

quote:
What about the Faeries d20 book? Doesn't that explain a lot?
See the details referenced in the scroll I linked to above. There's some discussion of the contents of the FAERIES d20 tome...
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 01 Nov 2005 : 06:56:17
What about the Faeries d20 book? Doesn't that explain a lot?

C-Fb
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Nov 2005 : 06:53:56
quote:
Originally posted by Gray Richardson

Tom Costa has said that his forthcoming Bestiary of the Realms part II may contain seelie and unseelie sprites. Knowing him, there is bound to be some good lore about them and how they fit into Faerūn beyond their stats.

Indeed he has -- I am quite looking forward to that!
Gray Richardson Posted - 01 Nov 2005 : 05:55:19
Tom Costa has said that his forthcoming Bestiary of the Realms part II may contain seelie and unseelie sprites. Knowing him, there is bound to be some good lore about them and how they fit into Faerūn beyond their stats.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Nov 2005 : 04:49:39
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Additionally, the 2e Spellbound boxed set introduced Seelie and Unseelie fey into the Realms.

And those fae are the ones I most want to see updated to 3E. I've never been satisfied with the treatment of the fae in D&D -- the Seelie and Unseelie were closer to what I picture the fae as being.
The Sage Posted - 01 Nov 2005 : 03:25:32
Additionally, the 2e Spellbound boxed set introduced Seelie and Unseelie fey into the Realms.

As well, so did the Evermeet sourcebook.
The Sage Posted - 01 Nov 2005 : 03:19:57
Shifting the dust from the evergrowing archives of Candlekeep, I offer this informative scroll:- http://candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3688
Arivia Posted - 01 Nov 2005 : 03:11:50
Yes. The definitive source is Monster Mythology(2E), I believe.

Unfortunately, nearly no attention has been paid to this in 3e.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000