Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Thunderblessing for elves?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Killashandra
Acolyte

South Africa
24 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  05:47:37  Show Profile  Visit Killashandra's Homepage Send Killashandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankfully, that's the fun of running the game. "I don't like this, so I don't use it!"

Slightly more on topic, are we currently in the year of the Risen Elfkin? Or is that coming up?

He's not evil, he's just...alternativly aligned.

A Kiwi fruit: Take a hamster, shave it's hair so that only stubble remains, cut off it's head and feet and there you go!
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  06:57:15  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Killashandra

Thankfully, that's the fun of running the game. "I don't like this, so I don't use it!"

Slightly more on topic, are we currently in the year of the Risen Elfkin? Or is that coming up?

I think that is the next year, but I could be mistaken.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Wilson
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  15:03:01  Show Profile  Visit Mr. Wilson's Homepage Send Mr. Wilson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not a fan of the drow, but "Risen Elfkin" smacks of drow related things to my ears.

I'm not sure it will be drow related, given the recent Spider Queen series, but when I think of "Risen Elfkin" I think of the drow on the surface of Faerūn.

"I've got a plan..."- Dan
"Nothing good has ever come after those four words." - Jesse
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  17:23:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Wilson

I'm not a fan of the drow, but "Risen Elfkin" smacks of drow related things to my ears.

I'm not sure it will be drow related, given the recent Spider Queen series, but when I think of "Risen Elfkin" I think of the drow on the surface of Faerūn.

Well, keep in mind that with Seveiril's Crusade, and the rise of Lamruil's new kingdom, elves are becoming more prominent in Faerūn again.

Of course, the fey'ri are kin to elves, too...

I'm not inclined to think it's drow-related, because if it is, there's a real possibility people will begin to burn out on drow.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  18:06:32  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Call me silly, but kin means "relation," don't it? So with that way of thinking it's the Year of Risen Elf-relatives. I'm rooting for something involving...half-elves

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  19:18:56  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Well, keep in mind that with Seveiril's Crusade, and the rise of Lamruil's new kingdom, elves are becoming more prominent in Faerūn again.

I'm not inclined to think it's drow-related, because if it is, there's a real possibility people will begin to burn out on drow.

I agree... I don't think the FR world needs more Drow than it already has. If they become too common, their whole mystery and their fun-factor falls way down. I dunno. I'd rather it be the elves getting more prominent around the block again!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  19:20:19  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I agree... I don't think the FR world needs more Drow than it already has. If they become too common, their whole mystery and their fun-factor falls way down. I dunno. I'd rather it be the elves getting more prominent around the block again!

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Jindael
Senior Scribe

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  20:48:45  Show Profile  Visit Jindael's Homepage Send Jindael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

C-Fb

I 100% agree. There has been way to much ignoring the elves. It might be a reaction to the fact that elves were (mechanically) viewed as superior in 2ed, and people just got sick of them. However, I think that the lack of Lore on elves in 3ed is something that needs to be fixed. Let’s see more just plain old elves doing something neat and new!

"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
-- C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  23:06:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Call me silly, but kin means "relation," don't it? So with that way of thinking it's the Year of Risen Elf-relatives. I'm rooting for something involving...half-elves

That's why I mentioned the fey'ri. They are undeniably kin to elves, and they are rising right now...

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  23:11:33  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, but everything is happening before the Year of Risen Elfkin - that's why I think it will have to do with the Faerie Elves more than anything. I think they will be coming back to populate Faerun and maybe start trying to resettle some forgotten lands.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2005 :  08:48:33  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

That's why I mentioned the fey'ri. They are undeniably kin to elves, and they are rising right now...

I`ll be very disappointed if the Fey`ri don`t get completely butchered in Final Gate.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2005 :  11:32:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

I`ll be very disappointed if the Fey`ri don`t get completely butchered in Final Gate.

I want to see Sarya get defeated, and a good number of fey'ri escaping. I really like the race, so I want them to stick around. I'm not interested in them have a realm of their own or a standing army, but I do want them to continue to be a problem -- just not a large scale problem.

Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2005 :  12:28:35  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I want to see Sarya get defeated, and a good number of fey'ri escaping. I really like the race, so I want them to stick around. I'm not interested in them have a realm of their own or a standing army, but I do want them to continue to be a problem -- just not a large scale problem.

It`s fine with me if some Fey`ri survive, but Sarya`s got to go. Thousands of dead elves cry for revenge(she is responsible for a crown war after all)

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2005 :  12:53:15  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh come on... if Kymil Nemisin can be allowed to survive after attacking last home, you want Sarya dead? Shoot!

She's not personally responsible for a Crown War. She was one of many Vyshaanti houses that made the Arvyndaar empire the strongest empire ever to grace Faerun after all.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Killashandra
Acolyte

South Africa
24 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2005 :  16:13:50  Show Profile  Visit Killashandra's Homepage Send Killashandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I reckon if it was up to the elves Kymil would be dead-beyond-all-hope-of-resurrection. Damn Harpers. No, we'll just stick into this dungeon where he can never escape from. Yeah, 'coz that's what all the bad guys do and guess what? Their schemes always fail.

You reckon yours will work just because you're the supposed good guys? *Tosses up hands in disgust*

Sorry :-) just had to get that out of the way. Where is Kymil at the moment? Anyone know? Last I knew of him, he lead the attack on Evermeet and that's all I know...

He's not evil, he's just...alternativly aligned.

A Kiwi fruit: Take a hamster, shave it's hair so that only stubble remains, cut off it's head and feet and there you go!
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2005 :  13:04:59  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Killashandra

I reckon if it was up to the elves Kymil would be dead-beyond-all-hope-of-resurrection. Damn Harpers. No, we'll just stick into this dungeon where he can never escape from. Yeah, 'coz that's what all the bad guys do and guess what? Their schemes always fail.

You reckon yours will work just because you're the supposed good guys? *Tosses up hands in disgust*

Sorry :-) just had to get that out of the way. Where is Kymil at the moment? Anyone know? Last I knew of him, he lead the attack on Evermeet and that's all I know...

He`s probably hiding somewhere. After all, there are a lot of people who want him dead.

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2005 :  17:16:41  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, but you're not calling for his death?

Leave Sarya alone - half-demon people have rights, too. Plus, she's hot.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2005 :  01:48:43  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

C-Fb

I'll give her equal rights, along with lefts, right hooks, etc...

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2005 :  01:50:39  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
CF . . . I'm starting to see a pattern here. Petite evil creatures with elven blood. Does your lady know about this?
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2005 :  01:58:18  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

C-Fb

Leave Sarya alone? Why? In my campaign, my PCs including shades are running big fights with her and her cronies, all my PCs bent on exterminating her and her cronies.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2005 :  07:29:49  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I agree. Though since I hate Sarya (as a person), I really wouldn't mind seeing her get killed. Horribly.

quote:
Call me silly, but kin means "relation," don't it? So with that way of thinking it's the Year of Risen Elf-relatives. I'm rooting for something involving...half-elves.

If that's silly, I must be silly too, since I feel the same way. As I mentioned in a different thread, pure elves are generally not refered to as "elfkin", but it is probably all a matter of interpretation.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 09 Oct 2005 07:30:23
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2005 :  07:32:57  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Begin?

I'm already burned out on them. I haven't finished reading the WotSQ series after book 2, simply because I just don't feel like reading about more drow. I'll finish the series, eventually, but I have too many other fine books sitting in my closet unread.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2005 :  13:41:30  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

C-Fb

As a matter of fact, I would be very happy if he died. So happy I would jump around the room.

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2005 :  16:11:29  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah - him and Takari Moonsnow! She so needs to go....

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2005 :  23:09:16  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

C-Fb

I thought Takari was cool, especially how she used her womanly wiles to get what she wanted, a weapon that would help her people fight off a dangerous enemy.

Her dislike of humans is very understandable, if any subrace has a reason to dislike/hate humans, the Wood Elves and Wild Elves have it. Humans have destroyed their homes constantly with their logging efforts.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2005 :  01:12:05  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

C-Fb

I agree, Takari Moonsnow must go to! She is just too greedy to lust after the use of darkblades, even Galeron and his sister can see that in her. I believe she intend to use the darkblade for more than defending Evereska, more towards self-interests.

So far, wood elves and wild elves had some kind of uneasy truce with the humans anyway. If there is anyone capable of disrupting the uneasy truce, I say it is some black sheep among the elves responsible for it.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2005 :  03:23:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Folks, we have strayed rather far from the original topic...

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2005 :  03:47:05  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Folks, we have strayed rather far from the original topic...

But Takari is gonna have a baby, isn't that kinda on subject...

The Elves don't really need a "Thunderblessing," however with all these RSEs that have occurred, I would imagine both Evermeet and Evereska both have been pretty decimated though.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2005 :  04:28:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

The Elves don't really need a "Thunderblessing," however with all these RSEs that have occurred, I would imagine both Evermeet and Evereska both have been pretty decimated though.

Perhaps...

Then again, the RPG planners at WotC will likely find a way to incorporate such a concept into the Realms at some future point .

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000