Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 NPCs of the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

profdestynova
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  23:02:29  Show Profile  Visit profdestynova's Homepage Send profdestynova a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thx green
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30018 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  23:16:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Green Giant

quote:
Originally posted by Maculo

An excellent thread.

I'm curious to see your version of Sammaster as the great wyrm red dracolich. That is if I got the age and dragon type correct. It's just a passing curiosity though since my PC's would never be able to handle something of that magnitude. *is picturing the great wyrm red dracolich with 34 caster levels* Imagine all those extra skill points!

Any chance on getting your versions of the princes of Shade? I think two or three of them have official stats already

Sammaster can be found here.

The Princes of Shade can be found here.

Oh, hey, it's Green Giant! I didn't know you had an account over here. I've linked people to your thread over there many times.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Green Giant
Seeker

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2008 :  04:16:51  Show Profile Send Green Giant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it had been a while and had almost forgotten I had an account here. Still can't be believe I posted so many NPCs. Maybe when Pathfinder's RPG arrives next year, I'll post versions of them if I can.

Realms NPC Characters

Realms NPC Characters II

Edited by - Green Giant on 29 Jun 2009 19:23:46
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2008 :  04:29:19  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. If you need a hand when Pathfinder's beta is over, let me know. I'm already getting the characters into an excel workbook, so a switchover should be pretty easy.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Maculo
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2008 :  22:01:22  Show Profile  Visit Maculo's Homepage  Send Maculo an ICQ Message Send Maculo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More amazing write ups.

The Sammaster ones don't show his largest and final form though. Wouldn't be too hard to convert since you already did the hard work of filling in his character levels. One question though.. would he get all the skill points from the form or would we assume it's like shapechange?
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2009 :  18:37:47  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I'm trying to put some NPCs into the Pathfinder form and was thinking of posting them here for comments. What exactly is the principal on posting WotC characters statistics and using Pathfinder rules? Is it something we (or more specifically, I) could get in trouble with?

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2009 :  21:19:55  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyways, I put it out there on the WotC boards (here) and figured I'd see what the feedback is. Please go take a look and let me know what you think. (Granted, it's El, so I stuck pretty close to the original stats from ELH and FRCS).

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Wrigs13
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2009 :  10:16:14  Show Profile  Visit Wrigs13's Homepage Send Wrigs13 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is anyone interested in posting or reading posts about unofficial npcs? Like a catalogue of npcs to fill out the game world without the hassle of actually designing them. I think that using other peoples npc can be a good thing as they are designed using a completely different mindset. Variety is a wonderful thing.

Do not try to understand the 4th edition. Thats impossible. Instead...only try to realise the truth. There is no 4th edition.
Go to Top of Page

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2009 :  19:20:57  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if there are 3.5E write ups for Rhauntides and/or Shaunil Tharm.

Rhauntides is listed as (CG hm M14) in VGttD. I would put him at Wiz7/Loremaster6/Archmage1. I'm suprised that I haven't been able to locate a write up.

Shaunil Tharm is listed as (CG hf M9) in VGttD. I would presume that she would be on the same Wizard/Loremaster path assuming that she's not a sorceress.

"Nobody listens to the Ranger!"

Our groups are all sticking with 3.X classic Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Auzoros
Learned Scribe

Australia
97 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2009 :  12:13:00  Show Profile Send Auzoros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My oh my...this is a juicy meal of crunch! Well done warlockco

Thanks for the write ups for Alok Silverspear and Luvon Greencloak...I loved them in the Old Grey Box.

Tyranthraxus thanks for Dove Falconhand...the one Sister that seemed to be the most mysterious to me.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2009 :  22:26:12  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
GG... do you have all of these stats compiled in one collection of files somewhere? I've copied and pasted a number of NPCs (the Princes of Shade, the Seven Sisters, other Chosen, etc.) from the postings on the Wizbro boards, but I know that I don't have the complete list that you enumerate in the index.

Thanks to you and warlockco for all the hard work!

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Green Giant
Seeker

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2009 :  18:15:29  Show Profile Send Green Giant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

GG... do you have all of these stats compiled in one collection of files somewhere? I've copied and pasted a number of NPCs (the Princes of Shade, the Seven Sisters, other Chosen, etc.) from the postings on the Wizbro boards, but I know that I don't have the complete list that you enumerate in the index.

Thanks to you and warlockco for all the hard work!

The best I have is a download of the relevant threads from the Wizbro boards which you can also do yourself. I do have the NPCs saved on my hard drive but they're spread out over 126+ documents (not including the deities or the NPCs of the other continents of Toril I statted). Its best to use the ones from the threads I posted since there were times I made corrections on them but didn't update the ones on my computer.

BTW I've just recently posted the Merchant Dukes of Calaunt in the Realms NPC Characters II thread if you haven't checked them out yet.

Realms NPC Characters

Realms NPC Characters II
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2009 :  19:43:08  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply, GG... unfortunately, I don't have access to the Wizbro boards; my account was cancelled due to inactivity, and I sent them a reply to their email thanking them for doing so and asking them when 5E was coming out. I don't think they'll let me un-cancel my account now... If you have (or anybody else reading this scroll has) those thread downloads available without too much trouble, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

126+ documents??? I do hope you keep regular backups... I bought an external HD just for that purpose; I lost everything due to a hard drive crash once, and I'm never letting it happen again.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Edited by - Jakk on 19 Jul 2009 19:45:20
Go to Top of Page

Green Giant
Seeker

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2009 :  19:54:35  Show Profile Send Green Giant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You don't need an account to download the threads. I just tried it without logging on and it worked just fine.

Realms NPC Characters

Realms NPC Characters II
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2009 :  20:34:31  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, it worked this time... when I tried earlier, it gave me a login screen telling me that I wasn't logged in. Heh. Thanks for making me try again.

Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2010 :  19:30:17  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Curudin Ahmaquissar: "The Mischiefmaker of Silverymoon".

Male Trickster-Touched Moon Elf; Rogue 5/ Cleric 7/ Mischiefmaker 4/ Divine Disciple 5 of Erevan Ilesere:

CR 21; medium size humanoid (elf)(outsider- chaos); HD 5d6+10, plus 7d8+6, plus 4d6+8, plus 5d8+10; HP 135;
Init +8; Spd 30'; AC 25 (touch 18, Ff 20);
Atk +20/+15/+10 melee (1d8+6 plus 2d6 chaotic/ 17-20, +3 elven keen, chaotic longsword *Hidden Smile*), +19/+19/+14 melee (1d6+5/17-20, +2 elven keen shortsword of speed *Little Sneak*), +18/+13/+8 ranged (1d4+6 plus 1d6 elemental/ 18-20, +3 daggers of Elemental aura);

SQ: spells, spell-like abilities, moon elf traits, rogue abilities, cleric abilities, mischiefmaker abilities, divine disciple abilities.
AL CG; SV Fort +14 (+18 versus poison), Ref +14 (+22), Wil+14; Str 17, Dex 26, Con 13, Int 21, Wis 20, Cha 19.

Age: 102, Height: 5'10", Eyes: Blue, Hair: Short sapphire-blue & silver, Skin: Pale white with blue tints.

Spell-like abilities:
Imbue with spell ability/1'st and 2'nd level spells known
Protection from Law/(Transcendence) Free action.
Mock law, Improved pass without trace, Alter appearance, Knock, Mislead, Polymorph other/ 2x day.
Detect Law, Detect Magic/ 3x day.

Skills: Knowledge (religion)(arcana) +11/+8, Spellcraft +17, Heal +13, Bluff +16, Disable devise +15, Hide +31, Move Silent +31, Open lock +20, Listen +14, Pick pocket +18, Tumble +13, Sense motive +15, Intimidate +12, Spot +17, Search +17, Disguise +30, Balance +10, Escape artist +25, Gather info +10, Innuendo +10, Read lips +6, Use magic devise +17, Perform (buffoonery +5, dance +15, prank +20);

Skill Tricks: Acrobatic Backstab, Conceal Spellcasting, Escape Attack, False Theurgy, Hidden Blade, Quick Escape, Spot The Weak Point, Sudden Draw, Never Outnumbered, Swift Concentration, Twisted Charge, Walk The Walls, Second Impression.

Feats: TwF, Weapon focus (longsword/shortsword), Dodge, Lucky Fingers, Quick draw, Magical Fortune, Tempting Fate, Twin sword style, Freerunner (see below).

Special Qualities: Moon elf traits- immune to magic sleep spells, +2 save vs. enchantment spells, low light vision, +2 bonus on listen, search, and spot checks. Divine Disciple abilities- New domain, Divine emissary, Sacred defense +2, Imbue with spell ability, Trancendence, Spells. Mischiefmaker abilities- Mock law, Improved pass without trace, Alter appearance, Knock, Thwart magic trap, Sneak attack, Mislead, Polymorph other, Spells. Rogue abilities- Trapfinding, Trap sense, Uncanny dodge, Sneak attack +4d6, Evasion. Cleric abilities- Turn/rebuke undead, Aura, Spontaneous Casting, Spells.

Trickster Touched abilities:
Resist: Trickster-touched creatures are undaunted by poison or poison traps. He gains a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saving throws against poison.

Spell-like Abilities: Trickster-touched creatures can often sense the presence of too much order and structure, as well as magical auras. He gains the ability to detect law or detect magic as the spells cast at his total character level in any combination a total of 3/day.

Abilities: Trickster-touched creatures are nimble, clever, and amiable. His abilities gain a bonus Increase as follows: Dex +6, Int +6, Cha +4. Special Qualities: Trickster-touched creatures seem unable to keep their noses out of trouble, and thus collect stray bits of lore from wherever their adventures take them on topics as varied as local personalities, the history and powers of artifacts, and the traits of monstrous races just as a bard can with bardic knowledge. This ability functions like the bardic knowledge class feature, except that the bonus for the check equals the Trickster-touched creatureís racial bonus + her Int modifier. Trickster-touched creatures have a base +1 racial bonus to their check, which increases by +1 for every 5 HD or class levels of the base creatures. This ability stacks with a bardís bardic knowledge and similar abilities such as a Harper agentís Harper knowledge or a loremasterís lore class features. (Curudin's Trickster-Touched Knowledge: +13)

Feats: Trickster-touched creatures seem to have an endless supply of tricks up their sleeves. If the base creature has 5 or more HD or levels or upon gaining 5 HD or levels, the base creature gains Cool Head CS, Freerunner CS, Sure Hand CS, or Sweet Talker CS as a bonus feat, regardless of whether or not the base creature meets the prerequisites for the feat. The base creature must still meet the prerequisites for its chosen bonus skill tricks.

Cleric Spells per day: 6/7/7/7/6/6/5/5/4. Base DC = 15 +spell level. Deity: Erevan Ilesere. Domains: Trickery, Chaos, Luck. Caster Level: 16

Current Spells:
0 level- Create water, light, read magic, detect poison, detect magic, guidance.

1st level- Divine favor, doom, entropic shield, protection from law, shield of faith, Change self, Random action, Healers vision.

2nd level- Spell shield, invisibility, Hold person, Curse of ill fortune, cure moderate wounds, Shatter, Sound burst, Manifestation of the deity.

3rd level- Searing light, bestow curse, dispel magic, nondetection, Bladebane, Negative energy protection, Magic circle against law.

4th level- Weapon of the deity, Chaos hammer, Confusion, spell immunity, Know vulnerabilities, Freedom of movement.

5th level- Flame strike, Pixie dust, Crawling darkness, Dispel Law, Teleport, False vision.

6th level- Animate objects, Mislead, Heal, Suppress glyph, Greater dispelling.

7th level - Word of chaos, Spell turning, Screen, Regenerate, Fortunate fate.

8th level - Cloak of chaos, Polymorph any object, Greater planar ally, Symbol of spell loss.

Possessions: +3 elven keen chaotic longsword (Hidden Smile), +2 elven keen shortsword of speed (Little sneak), +3 ring of protection, Ring of invisibility, Boots of elvenkind, Cloak of elvenkind, Gloves of dexterity, Amulet of natural armor +2, Vest of disguise, +2 elven Deathward studded leather armor, Four +2 daggers of Elemental Aura, Ring of disease immunity, Moonfire salve, Fanged mask, Belt of priestly might and warding, The Tricksters Lucky Dice (Treat as Rod of Wonder)

Personal Info: Curudin Ahmaquissar is the leading cleric of Erevan Ilesere in Silverymoon and Everlund and master of the secret elven Rogues guild known as "The Rogues of the Laughing Twilight" in the same cities. He is known throughout the city as "The Mischiefmaker of Silverymoon" but none know that he is also the leader of the elven thieves guild. Curudin is extremely handsome even in the eyes of other elves. He is quick, witty, clever, charming, intelligent, alluring and has a completely chaotic disposition on life.

He is a hedonist in every sense of the word and thoroughly enjoys debauching others. He hardly ever has his eyes shut. Quick to laugh and even quicker to prank and trick everyone and anyone from the very powerful to the poor. He is very good in melee combat and has a tremendous amount of luck on his side. It is said by other elves who meet him that he is highly favored by his god Erevan, as his eyes gleam with otherworldly asymmetrical stars whenever he dons a sardonic grin or wry smile. Curudin is the consummate trickster, and the perfect, living mortal example of mischief incarnate! Change and excitement are the spices of his life, and he is always trying to reinvent himself and others, playing pranks that both amuse and enlighten. He has been blessed a special and rare gift from Erevan Ilesere and is known as Trickster-Touched.

Curudin has never been caught at anything involving thievery, pranking, tricking, games, wenching, scouting, shadowing, hiding, etc... etc... He runs the Midnight Gambol of Erevan every month and invites all who happen upon it. He is wild, mischievous, independent, and utterly unpredictable, playing pranks on others for the sheer joy of it, and can be found deep in sylvan glades among the fun-loving subjects of the Seelie Court.

In the city of Silverymoon and Everlund his guild of elven rogues steal only from other thieves and give back to the proper owners half of what was initially stolen from them. They run out of town those thieves, and will even fight other rogues who try to set up shop in the city. So far they have never failed. He owns 3 taverns in Silverymoon. One is for elves only, another is for mixed crowds, and the last is a brothel which fronts as a winery. Curudin is known by Alustriel Silverhand and others of high rank in the city, but leave him alone for the most part for his efforts to run out other thieves entering the city. His tricks and pranks on the other hand push all who encounter him to the very edge of sanity and reason... even becoming violent! But not a single person can point a finger directly at him for anything linking him to these pranks and tricks.

He is also a well known adventurer and hero in the northlands, having spent most his life so far in absolute danger and peril. He is never one to be scared or frightened and usually laughs in the place of fear. His career has a long list of very worthy accomplishments, including stealing from Fzoul Chembryl, Semmemmon, The Vampire manshoon, Storm Silverhand, Mintipur Moonsilver, Alustriel Silverhand, Mirt the Moneylender, and countless other kings, warlords and the like. All of them have never been able to catch him as of yet.

He is most famous, or infamous, for his risky and daring thefts of other churches, temples and faiths, including those of Bane, Shar, Tyr, Helm, Talona, Auril, Mask, Torm, Grazz't, Beshabba, Tymora and others. Just recently (1374-75) he was hired by Khelben Arunsun and The Moonstars to go on a extremely difficult mission to sneak into Shade Enclave and steal a item of invaluable price and power from the city of Shade and its leaders. The mission was successful and the item was stolen and laid into the hands of Khelben, but not without its losses. Curudin, being a Divine deciple of Erevan Ilesere couldn't help but play a wicked deadly trick on Prince Clariburnus and Prince Yder before making his daring escape in which he lost his prized dice almost at the cost of his life!

And to add to all this... as well as he is known, he is also just as unknown it seems, and he prefers to keep it that way as long as possible. He is quick to laugh and has a very healthy sense of humor... sometimes light and frivolous, and other times dark and sardonic.

As of 1375 he has been seen moving between Silverymoon and Waterdeep, and has been spotted spending a great deal of time with Elaith "the serpent" Craulnober and Fox-at-Twilight as of late. Last night, Khelben Arunsun, having seen them at the Hidden Dagger tavern, quietly said to himself that Elaith would do well to frequently check his belongings, and to never underestimate the chaotic power of a wicked Prank or Trick; Especially one performed by Curudin Ahmaquissar!!

Here's the guild members in short... "The Rogues of the laughing Twilight"

Curudin Ahmaquissar: Male Moon elf (stats above)

Laeirlefain Starleaf: Male Copper elf, Rogue 5/ Swashbuckler 8/ Combat Trickster 3

Mitzlevexven Leafbower: Male Moon elf, Rogue 5/ Wizard 5/ Magical Trickster 3

Azdeim Insilnarufen: Male Quickling (fey), Rogue 5/ Wizard 5/ Daggerspell mage 3

Seareghade Shimmerstar: Male Moon half elf, Illusionist 13/ Arcane Devotee 2 of Erevan Ilesere

Terrindill Shaelarra: Male Gold elf, Rogue 6/ Shadowdancer 6 (Shadow walker template)

Cepheus Nightsong: Male Star elf, Bard 16/ Uncanny Trickster 1

Shen-Shen Lhundlar: Female Gold half elf, Rogue 5/ Infiltrator 10

Quintillis Iliathor: Male Moon elf, Rogue 10/ Thief Acrobat 5/ Divine Seeker 2

Nym Nightsong: Male Star elf, Rogue 5/ Wizard 5/ Shadow Adept 5

Saffrathila Winterbough: Female Copper elf, Rogue 5/ Sorcerer 5/ Fortune's Friend 2

Zallathel Amarillis: Male Moon elf: Rogue 5/ Wizard 7/ Mage-killer 5

Filanelendil Winterbough: Male Copper elf: Rogue 7/ Tempest 5/ Temple Raider of Erevan Ilesere 3

Pheyloo Winterbough: Male Copper elf: Rogue 5/ Master Thrower 5/ Assassin 5

All are followers of Erevan Ilesere and are very devoted to each other, mischief and the city of Silverymoon and Everlund. Their pranks range anywhere from making livestock talk, giving a bad stench to someone, turning somebody the colors of Erevan, freezing the bath water of a noble while they were bathing, animating objects to dance and sing, subtly cutting the belt of a warrior so it falls when they reach for their weapon, turning a persons wine or ale into milk or sand, Altering the appearance of someone to look like a Satyr, casting a spell to make a Bard sound like a bugbear, etc... etc.. But also, they are called upon to search and locate ancient elven artifacts and treasures long lost before falling into the wrong hands. And if powerful elven artifacts do fall into the wrong hands then they are also called upon to act as elven assassins to search, find and destroy these wizards and sorcerers who would weild the ancient elven magic. But keep in mind, they do so their own way, on their own terms, for their own reasons, which always lead back to Erevan Ilesere, and the ways of his dogma. As of early 1375 they are in the employment of Khelben Arunsun and working with the Moonstars towards major events soon to come in the year. They have found "The Shattering Swords of Coronal Ynloeth" along with his Bracer, as well as The ancient Dwarven weapon "Twinblades Alight".
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
567 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2010 :  19:14:02  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great conversions indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  10:51:53  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's good to see the Mischiefmaker of Silverymoon again .

And it's good to see this thread alive after a year of inactivity.
What a pity the original thread at WotC and Kuje's list both disappeared.

Warlockco, Zanan - are the drow matron mothers here too?

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  13:25:10  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The WotCBoards thread is still there. Check the links in my sig.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
778 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  18:28:57  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So is it okay to put ur own home brewed named in cannon NPCs on this here list?
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  18:56:12  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The NPCs of the Realms have generally been canonized characters from novels and sourcebooks. But, since it's been pretty inactive lately, I don't see any harm (as long as you make a note that it's not canon).

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  19:12:58  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does this go for 4E characters too!!
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  19:34:29  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

Go for it Diffan!

I mean, it's better to post here. If you post it on WotC's boards, they have the right to claim it as their own and publish it as they see fit. (Didn't you read the Terms of Use for the forum accounts*? )

*Item #7. User Content, first paragraph, line 2:
quote:
By posting or submitting any User Content to or through the Sites or Services, you hereby irrevocably grant to Wizards, its affiliates and sub-licensees, a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, and fully sub-licensable license, to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such User Content (in whole or in part) in any media and to incorporate the User Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed. The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such User Content, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 21 Jul 2010 19:35:12
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  19:36:40  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:

Go for it Diffan!

I mean, it's better to post here. If you post it on WotC's boards, they have the right to claim it as their own and publish it as they see fit. (Didn't you read the Terms of Use for the forum accounts*? )

Yea, I read them but it really doesn't bother me. I mean, if I know it's mine then I see it as a sort of compliment that they use my stuff for their own purposes. I've tried submitting stuff before but to no avail. At least this way my ideas hit print whether it's Offically mine or not.

I wonder if the character generator's clip-board insert thingy works on these forums? I'll try it out when I get home.

Edited by - Diffan on 21 Jul 2010 19:38:53
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  21:04:08  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:

Go for it Diffan!

Yea, I read them but it really doesn't bother me. I mean, if I know it's mine then I see it as a sort of compliment that they use my stuff for their own purposes. I've tried submitting stuff before but to no avail. At least this way my ideas hit print whether it's Offically mine or not.

I wonder if the character generator's clip-board insert thingy works on these forums? I'll try it out when I get home.

Well, my complaint in regard to that is if you post it and they use it, then you post it on your own site or use it as part of a resume, you have no legal right to it and WotC can come after you for it (not that they will, but it's there...).

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000