Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 NPCs of the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2010 :  17:48:21  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whatever.
When I have a bit of time, I might translate some characters I have in the works, eg. Dmitra Flass, Drizzt Do'Urden, Artemis Entreri, the BG chars, some more drow (the three weaponmasters of Menzo, Nasadrans, the drow from DDGtU description of Ched Nasad)...

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
3278 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2010 :  18:28:42  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll need to add in her Divine Challenge, Lay on hands, and Channel divinity class features into her powers.

Aribeth de Tylmarande [4E]

Aribeth de Tylmarande is a half-moon elf paladin of Tyr, the Blind God of Justice. She is also a close adviser of Lord Nasher (ruler of Neverwinter) as well as the defender of Neverwinter's walls.
Speed 5
Saving Throws +2
Action Points 1

Enfeebling Smite (standard; at-will) - Divine, Weapon
+26 vs. AC; 1d10 + 12 damage, and if the target was marked, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Aribeth's next turn.

Blade Mastery (standard; recharge 5,6) - Weapon
Aribeth may make two bastard sword attacks.

Hand of Tyr (minor; encounter) - Divine, Implement, Radiant
Close burst 1; +24 vs. Fortitude; 2d10 + 7 radiant damage and the target is marked until the end of Aribeth's next turn. In addition, her allies in the burst gain a +2 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of her next turn.

Aribeth's Nemesis (standard; recharge when first bloodied) - Divine, Implement
Range 5; +24 vs. Will; 3d10 + 12 damage, and until the end of the encounter, when the target is within 5 squares of Aribeth and attacks her or her allies, she can make a secondary bastard sword attack.
Con 18 (+12), Int 10 (+8), Cha 24 (+15)
Possessions plate mail, bastard sword, holy symbol (Tyr)

Edited by - Diffan on 31 Jul 2010 17:56:50
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
554 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2010 :  10:18:04  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice addition..

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2010 :  10:49:19  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I soo love Aribeth...
BTW wasn't this thread for 3.5? Maybe we should make a separate thread for 4.0 so that the editions don't get mixed...

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3067 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2010 :  16:20:31  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

I soo love Aribeth...
BTW wasn't this thread for 3.5? Maybe we should make a separate thread for 4.0 so that the editions don't get mixed...

I think as long as the poster lists what edition, we should be good.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
777 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2010 :  22:10:11  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a write up for the Nomad of Scars, a character with
a one sentence description in FoMD. That phrase says the emaciated, bitter half elf known as the Nomad of Scars (as of 3.x).

HOMEBREW

The Nomad of Scars NE male gold elf
5'2" 94lbs. Yellow dead looking eyes, sparse mostly bald head.
Wiz 12/ Ooze 6/ Incan 10

Str 14/18 HP: 164/220 Spd: 30ft BA: 15/10/5
Dex 12/16 Int: +1/+3 Fort: +15/+17
Con 8/12 Refl: +14/+16
Int 30/34 Will: +23/+25
Wis 19/23
Cha 5/9

Weapons:
Longsword +3 +20/+15/+10 d8+3+2+d6 19-20/x2 acid, spellcutter(can cut through any types of barrier or magical shields including walls of force and prismatic walls, see Bastion press arms and equipment.)

Boomering +3 +19 d4+3+2 x2 returning, spelltouch (touch spells may be cast into it and released with bommerang hits target.)

Staff of Naxorlytallsxar +19/+14/+9 d6+2+2 x2 striking property see below

Armor: The Nomad usually has layered spell for his personal defense casting Epic Mage Armor, spellskin, shield, or any combination that he feels will protect him in his next encounter.

Skills (these ranks plus misc bonuses):
Alchemy +16, Concentration +28, Craft books +14, Disguise +3,
Diplomacy -3, Heal +9, Know Arcane +36, Know Arch/engi +14, Know geography +14, Know hist +20, Know natu +15, Know Nobi/roya +13, Know planes +20, Know reli +15, Listen +6, Scry +16, Seach +12, Spellcraft +36, Spot +6, Swim +10, Tactile Writing +18

Feats: Scribe Scroll, Transdimensional Spell, Craft Wands, Displace Spell, Explosive Spell, Great Fort, Craft Rings, Craft Belluth, Craft Contingency Spell, Craft Spellmantle, Iron Will, Entwine Spell, Epic Spellcasting, Improved Spell Capasity, Improved Meta-Magic

Lang: Elven, Common, Orc, Goblen, Gnoll, Aragrakh, Loross, Abyssal
Infernal, Netherse, Draconic, Roushoun

Spell Progession:
o level: 4(1) 4 level: 4(3)(1) 7 level: 4(2)(1)
1 level: 4(3)(1) 5 level: 4(3)(1) 8 level: 4(2)(1)
2 level: 4(3)(1) 6 level: 4(3)(1) 9 level: 4(2)(1)
3 level: 4(3)(1) 10 level: 1(2)(1)

Epic spell slots: 3

Special Abilities: At 18th level: Enchantment spells became forbidden
1 extra spell level abjuration, +2 spellcraft abjuration,
+5 profane bonus to Int, +5 Inherent bonus to Int
No longer able to enter Reverie
No longer part of the elven communal mind
Touch of Moander: 2/day as a move-equivalent can reduce hardness of any material by (5)
Gift of Moander: 1/month can cause a disease (dm choice) Fort DC:16 Onset 12 hrs
Aura of Moander: Access Slime Domain
Mouth of Moander: 1/week may absorp molds, ooze, slimes and heal HP based on size or HD

Incantrix abilities:
Send Away: Gains a +2 bonus to all dispel and CL to harm, banish, or overcome SR of outsiders, this includes summoned monsters
See Ethereal: 1/day can see into the Ethereal plane for 10 rounds, 60' range, all things look grey and insubstancial

Will be back to finish later.

Edited by - althen artren on 31 Jul 2010 22:10:57
Go to Top of Page

EltonJ
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2010 :  00:51:53  Show Profile  Visit EltonJ's Homepage  Click to see EltonJ's MSN Messenger address Send EltonJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ashemmi (my version)

Image: http://fav.me/d2xq5cj *

Rolemaster Stats**

Race: Moon Elf/Sun Elf hybrid/Eladrin [She learned the High Elf Way, but has Grey Elf stats]

Mystic 10 (Essence-Mentalism Hybrid)
Training Packages: Adventurer, Lady-in-Waiting (spy)

Stats: Ag 78, Co 85, Me 92, SD 56, Em 95, Pr 98, St 29, Qu 76

Favored Skills: Evereska Swordsmanship (Martial Art)+32, Dagger +25, Climbing +27, Swimming +30, Alertness +29, Observation +36, Attunement +34, First Aid +45, Needle-point +29, Hiding +23, Stalking +25, Trickery +27

Spell Lists: Confusing Ways (lvl 10), Gas Alteration (level 9), Mystical Change (level 9), Fire Law (Magician Base, Level 5), Light Law (Magician Base, Level 2), Illusion Mastery (Essence Closed, Level 10), Self Healing (Mentalism Open, Level 10), Spirit Mastery (Essence Closed, level 7), Living Change (Essence Closed, level 12).

BACKGROUND:

DM's Note: Loremasters should be aware that this is my interpretation of Ashemmi and does not conform to the write outs in the FRCS 3.5 version.

Ashemmi is, or was, a young girl who had a moon elf and a sun elf for her parents. The result was a "hybrid." Ashemmi has light brown hair that has more blonde than brown. However, in Evereska, she was trained in the High Elf way instead of the Sun Elf way; walking in the path of her father. However, everything changed when she was found to have the intelligence of a mage. So she was trained as a mage.

Her master tried to her under control by being harsher with her than her reputation had let on. She wanted to learn shapeshifting, learning as many shapeshifting spells as possible. However, her Master didn't let her grow beyond a general education. But someone strange and handsome made her an offer she couldn't refuse. A chance to actually serve Evereska with everything she desired. But there was a catch. SHE HAD TO DIE!

She accepted, and so they staged her death. She reliquinished her life as Arianwen Gaia Varianos and was given the name Ashemmi instead. Then they trained her to cast spells and to be a spy. She joined one of Evereska's Intelligence Agencies -- the Blackcloaks. She learned Evereskan Swordsmanship and how to use her dagger effectively, she also learned how to shoot a short bow with the black cloak signature arrow: the Black Arrow. She learned everything there is to be an agent. She learned the seductive arts, the arts of interrogation, the arts of extraction, everything.

The Blackcloaks, however, were training her to go up against the organization known as the Zhentarim. After ten missions, her leaders gave her special training in how to be a Lady-in-Waiting. She had to learn the fine arts of womanhood, especially in being a Lover.

Her mission was to go into Darkhold and to go undercover in Darkhold in order to send information on the Zhentarim's movements as they had pertained to Evereska. And the best way to get that information was to be close to Semmemon. She learned how to use Romance in order to control Semmemon and get all that the State needed, even at the expense of her virtue.

Then the TIME OF TROUBLES(tm) struck and Hanali Ceanil took form in Evereska as High Elder Duirsar's mistress. Hanali was being chased by her paramour in Evereska, and Ashemmi helped Hanali Ceanil to safety. Then, Hanali coached Ashemmi in the secrets of love and being a true lover.

After the Time of Troubles, Ashemmi went into Darkhold and gained Semmemon's trust. As time bore on, Ashemmi used her training from Hanali Ceanil and in time, Semmemon fell in love with her. At first, it was the perfect setup, and Ashemmi used Semmemon's trust and love to funnel information on the Zhentarim to Evereska. She would steal certain communiques from Dark Hold to Zhentil Keep and Vice Versa. She'd listen in on conversations regarding the Zhentarim and sent the information to Evereska.

However, as time went on, she started to sincerely fall in love with him. The love between them got in the way of her espionage, and she started to funnel less and less important information to the Black Cloaks. Some of the information was suspect or plainly wrong.

However, Semmemon found out that she was a spy. As his anger and his disappointment were aroused, he moved to slay the young elven vixen. Just as he was planning to confront Ashemmi with her trechery on his appointed day, Manshoon was slain by Fzoul Chembryl. Thus the balance of Power in the Zhentarim was upset, and Semmemon felt uneasy. He received a communique from Zhentil Keep telling him to obey Fzoul Chembryl or else.

Fearing for his life, he turned to Ashemmi. First, he spurned her, but now everything was changed. Ashemmi then convinced him to flee with her and use their power to bring down Fzoul Chembryl. Semmemon and then Ashemmi fled Darkhold with little between them but their love.

Perhaps that was Fzoul's plan all along.

* The picture was one that I did. You will need to set your account to see mature subjects in order to see it, although her necessaries are amply covered (she is dressed in a skirt, boots, and bra). The reason is, mostly all of my pictures are marked "MATURE" in protest against DeviantArt's unneeded censorship.

** The version used is RMFRP.

Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1136 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2010 :  17:28:08  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Over on the WotC boards I build Walker from the excellent Ghostwalker novel. Enjoy.

Who is Walker?

Hook: I am tears on the mountain, I am the chill in the night. I hunt with the spirits, and I walk with the dead ... as will you. - Soon.

Walker CR 11
hp 89 (11 + 3d8 + 7d10 + 30; 11 HD)
________________________________________________________________________________

Male halfelf Ranger 4 / Fighter 2/ Ghostwalker 5
N Medium augmented (deathless?) humanoid (halfelf)
Init +2; Senses lowlight vision; Listen +12, Spot +12
Languages Common, Elven
________________________________________________________________________________
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16
(+3 armor, +3 shield, +2 Dex)
Immune magic sleep effects
Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +6 (+8 against enchantments)
Weakness Anonymity

Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +2 shatterspike +16/+11 (1d8+5) and +14 unarmed strike (1d3+3)
Ranged mwk daggers +14/+9 (1d4+3)
Base Atk +14; Grp +14
Atk Options Painfull Reckoning (+5 to attack and damage rolls vs opponent who attacked him for more than half his HP); Resolute Aura (+5 to intimidate). Favored Enemy +2 humans, Two Weaponfighting Style
Combat Gear none
Ranger Spells Known (CL 2 th):
1st (1/day)-pass without trace

Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 14 (starting stats 28 pt buy: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 14)
SQ feign death (5 minutes), etherealness 1/day, ghost sight, improved iron will
Feats Power Attack*, Iron Will, Thoughness*, Endurance*, Favoured Power Attack (human), Improved Unarmed Strike, Quick Draw *Bonus Feats
Skills Hide +9, Intimidate +11 (+6 when name known) Jump +10, Knowledge (local) +5, Knowledge (nature) +5, Listen +12, Move Silently +16, Sense Motive +3, Spot +12, Tumble +5
Possessions +2 ghosttouch shatterspike, +2 buckler, cloak of resistance +2, bracers of armor +3, ring of regeneration, boots of striding (+2 con), 5 masterwork daggers, masterwork leather armor

Anonymity (Ex): As long as Walker has Anonymity his class powers are active. He loses painfull reckoning, etherealness, improved iron will and resolute aura if Walkers real name is known to those who fight him.

What does he want?

Hook: I am the Spirit of Vengeance. I was born and live in darkness, I breathe retribution, and I sleep to the screams of the damned. I fear no living thing, man or woman.

Walker CR 16
hp 144 (11 + 3d8 + 12d10 + 45; 16 HD)

Male halfelf Ranger 4 / Fighter 2/ Ghostwalker 10
N Medium augmented (deathless?) humanoid (halfelf)
Init +6; Senses lowlight vision; Listen +17, Spot +17
Languages Common, Elven

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16
(+3 armor, +3 shield, +2 Dex)
Immune magic sleep effects
Fort +16, Ref +9, Will +8 (+10 against enchantments)
Weakness Anonymity

Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +2 shatterspike +22/+17/+12/+7 (1d8+7) and optional +20 unarmed strike (1d3+4)
Ranged mwk daggers +20/+15/+10/+5 (1d4+4)
Base Atk +18; Grp +18
Atk Options Painfull Reckoning (+10 to attack and damage rolls vs opponent who attacked him for more than half his HP); Resolute Aura (+10 to intimidate). Favored Enemy +2 humans, Two Weapon Fightingstyle
Combat Gear none
Ranger Spells Known (CL 2 th):
1st (1/day)-pass without trace

Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 14 (starting stats 28 pt buy: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 14)
SQ feign death (10 minutes), etherealness 1/day, ghost sight, ghost walk (as the 5th level shadow walking spell; CL 10)
Feats Power Attack*, Iron Will, Thoughness*, Endurance*, Acrobatic, Favoured Power Attack (human), Quick Draw, Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Initiative *Bonus Feats
Skills Hide +9, Intimidate +16 (+6 when name known) Jump +10, Knowledge (local) +5, Knowledge (nature) +5, Listen +17, Move Silently +21, Sense Motive +7, Spot +17, Tumble +5
Possessions +2 ghosttouch shatterspike, +2 buckler, cloak of resistance +2, bracers of armor +3, ring of regeneration, boots of striding (+2 con), 5 masterwork daggers, masterwork leather armor

Anonymity (Ex): As long as Walker has Anonymity his class powers are active. He loses painfull reckoning, etherealness and resolute aura if Walkers real name is known to those who fight him.

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders

Edited by - Bladewind on 15 Nov 2010 12:57:30
Go to Top of Page

Vaeldroth
Seeker

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2012 :  18:33:59  Show Profile  Visit Vaeldroth's Homepage  Send Vaeldroth an AOL message Send Vaeldroth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The topic name really should be changed so that we know it's 3.x specific.
Go to Top of Page

Joebing
Learned Scribe

USA
194 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  17:09:41  Show Profile Send Joebing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever done a 3.5 version of Q'arlynd Melarn? I have a player whose Drow worships Kiaranselee...

Still plugging away at pre-3e conversion to 3.5

"It's all wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey" - Doctor Who

MY 3.5 REALMS CONVERSION SITE IS UNDERWAY!

https://sites.google.com/site/realmsto35/home
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2014 :  15:15:53  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm interested in the NPC named "Ferret" from the Elaine Cunningham novel Silver Shadows. Also can we get an updated index? Is this thread available in Notepad or Word format so we can search for NPCs? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Peter R
Acolyte

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2015 :  16:43:09  Show Profile  Visit Peter R's Homepage Send Peter R a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am creating Rolemaster (RM2/RMC) versions of many NPCs. Would anyone be interested, if so I will happily share them.

Playing Rolemaster in the Forgotten Realms
http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2015 :  05:19:51  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peter R

I am creating Rolemaster (RM2/RMC) versions of many NPCs. Would anyone be interested, if so I will happily share them.

i don't know anything about Rolemaster, so I would be curious to see what an NPC write up under that system would look like.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000