Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 NPCs of the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  22:01:21  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

quote:
Originally posted by turox

Penknight, I like you always want to know how old a person is. But as I discovered last night reading the 1st FRCS (Black Box set) age can be hard to determine in a world where magic is abundant. Example: Azoun IV's oldest daughter (Tantalansa, sp?)was born in 1309 according to 1st edition so she was like 60+ when she had her child Azoun the 5th according to the 3rd edition FRCS.

I appreciate the info. I guess then that people of the Realms are in a state of time freeze then, eh? I will definetly will keep this in mind in my campaign then.

Been forever since I been to the Keep, but had to comment on this one.

Between editions, especially for Elves, the Age of NPCs has been quite varied.
According to the current rules, there are several Elven NPCs that without the benefit of magic shouldn't even be alive anymore, and according to the lore, alot of these NPCs didn't touch magic to keep young.
Remember for the most part Age is nothing more than a number, especially in a Fantasy Setting and even more so in the Realms for a large number of NPCs. Off-hand the only NPCs that I can think of that have shown signs of old age are the Lords of Waterdeep and the Knights of Myth Drannor.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2007 :  06:34:23  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was looking at some of my files, looks like I have a few additional houses for Ched Nasad that were finished, 6 through 8. Will try to get them added by the weekend.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2007 :  17:14:46  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
great job. this is very comprehensive

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2007 :  18:12:36  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent reference...

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page

Iliyan
Acolyte

Croatia
42 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  13:40:35  Show Profile  Visit Iliyan's Homepage Send Iliyan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am wondering Warlocko, could you be so kind as to stat out theese:

Council of Matrons--- Evermeet( lead by Queen Amlaruil Moonflower)

And the Council of Evermeet... again lead by Queen Moonflower

I found some nice data on the council of evermeet here: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Council_of_Evermeet

However i am unsure if the council of matrons =/= Council of evermeet
But the wiki states that the matrons are female only, and the council of evermeet has male characters in it...

Ty and good work on the previous stats!
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  20:12:50  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Iliyan

But the wiki states that the matrons are female only, and the council of evermeet has male characters in it...

Ty and good work on the previous stats!

Indeed, (I believe) the Council of matrons is composed of the eight female leaders of the eight first Noble houses of Menzoberranzan.
And the Counci of Evermeet is composed of nine responsible elves of the island of Evermeet.

17 NPC to be statted ! Good luck !
They may be already statted in FR sources or WotC boards... aren't they ?

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Iliyan
Acolyte

Croatia
42 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2008 :  10:45:04  Show Profile  Visit Iliyan's Homepage Send Iliyan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well, if they have been stated somewhere else, i cant find em, i looked on teh realms npc thread on the wotc boards by green giant, and found nothing...

And i think you missunderstood me, the council of matrons is from evermeet( although, a council of matrons exists in menzoberanzan too)

however the matrons arent all that important for my storyline... since the players are never going to see them
however the Council of Evermeet is going to play a active role in my game, namely, the players are going to venture outside of evermeet with Lord Seiveril Miritar on his attempt to brave through the ruins of Myth Drannor
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  09:17:27  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

Hello Warlockco!

Respect to thee for your creative work and especially the patience to work out/convert all those NPCs in detail! Great work!

Just to add one more to the list of requests - a big fish - one that might be tempting you: Sammaster Firstspeaker

I am working on him as well at the moment. I will come back here once I finished him to compare the results!

I totaly forgot about this:

So finaly here my NPC conversion of him:

Sammaster the Lich
Male Chondathan Human Wiz29/Acm5; CR 36; Medium-size Undead;
HD 36d12; hp 210; AL CE; Init +8; Spd 30 ft.; AC 31 (touch 14, flat-footed 15);
Base Atk +18; Full Atk +17/+11 melee (1d8+5, touch); Face/Reach 5 ft./5 ft.;
SV: Fort +14, Ref +18, Will +30; Abilities: Str 8, Dex 18, Con -, Int 30, Wis 17, Cha 16.
Special Attacks: Touch attack (DC 31), paralyzing touch (DC 31), fear aura (DC 31);
Special Qualities: Turn resistance +4, DR 15/bludgeoning and magic (+1), undead traits, Immunities (Ex): cold, electricity, polymorph and mind-affecting attacks; Archmage High Arcana: Arcane Reach, mastery of counterspelling, mastery of elements, spell power +2; through the use of dark rituals and complex magical experiments Sammaster has the following permanent supernatural abilities: Darkvision, Detect Magic, See Invisibility, Tongues; Enhanced Intelligence: Sammaster used a Tome of clear Thoughts to increase his Intelligence. His Intelligence score has a +2 inherent bonus included in its value;
Skills: Appraise +24, Concentration +29 (+33 when casting defensively), Craft (alchemy) +20, Decipher Script +12, Diplomacy +8, Gather Information +10, Hide +14, Knowledge (arcana) +33, Knowledge (architecture and engineering) +18, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +18, Knowledge (geography) +28, Knowledge (history) +30, Knowledge (nature) +24, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +18, Knowledge (religion) +28, Knowledge (the planes) +28, Listen +19, Move Silently +14, Profession (Merchant) +10, Ride (dragon) +10, Scry+20, Search +27, Sense Motive +22, Speak Language (chondathan, common, abyssal, celestial, damaran, draconic, dwarven, elven, illuskan, infernal, netherese, thorass), Spellcraft +34, Spot +16;
Feats: Combat Casting, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Rod, Craft Staff, Craft Wand, Empower Spell, Heighten Spell, Greater Skill Focus (Spellcraft), Greater Spell Focus (Necromancy), Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Leadership, Maximize Spell, Quicken Spell, Scribe Scrolls, Skillfocus (Spellcraft), Spell Focus (Evocation), Spell Focus (Necromancy), Spell Focus (Transmutation), Spell Penetration, Summon Familiar;
Wizard Spells per Day: (4/7/14/12/6/6/6/5/5/5/3/3; base DC = 22 + spell level, DC 23 + spell level with Evocation and Transmutation spells; DC 24 + spell level with necromancy spells; caster level 36th).
Spellbook: As a very old lich and a powerful wizard Sammaster has access to a vast number of spells that are known and has created many unique necromancy spells known only to himself.
Possessions: As a powerful spellcaster and the head of an evil organisation, Sammaster has most likely access to incredible resources and can acquire almost any nonartifact item he might need, given time. He has bracers of armor +10, a headband of intellect +4, a ring of wizardry II & III (doubles 2nd & 3rd-level spells), staff of power and wings of flying in his possession at all times.
Height: 5’10”, Weight: Unknown, Hair: Unknown, Eyes: Unknown.

(Books used for the conversion: 3.0 Ed.: Players Handbook, Dungeon Master Guide, Monster Manual, Epic Level Handbook, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, Magic of Faerûn; 2. Ed.: Cult of the Dragon;
Special note: I kind of lost track on the skill points, so there might be a miscalcualtion.)

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  00:48:34  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you don't mind I'd like to add one of my revised NPCs. When the PCs were in Myth Drannor prior to the Cormanthor War they encountered Dove Falconhand who helped them get out safely. I searched the internet for hours for 3.x stats but couldn't find it so I decided to do it myself.

The only sources about her I have are Hall of Heroes, Heroes' Lorebook and Sojourn. I hope you like it.

Dove Falconhand

Female human (Chosen of Mystra) Rgr14/Sor9/Rog4/Hrp1: CR 32; Medium-size humanoid (human); HD 18d8+98 plus 9d4+63 plus 4d6+28 plus 1d6+7; hp 335; Init + 9; Spd 20 ft.; AC 33 (touch 18, flat-footed 30); Atk +25/+20/+15/+10 melee (1d8+4/19-20, +1 luck longsword), +26/+21/+16 melee (1d4+4/19-20, +3 defending dagger) or +27/+22/+17/+12 melee (1d6+5, +2 giant bane shortspear), or +25/+20/+15/+10 ranged touch (by spell); SA Sneak attack +2d6; SQ Camouflage, Chosen immunities, Chosen spell-like abilities, combat style (two-weapon combat), combat style mastery, detect magic, enhanced Constitution, evasion, favored enemy (giant +6, monstrous humanoid +2, magical beast +2, Zhentarim +2), Harper knowledge, improved combat style, silver fire, swift tracker, trapfinding, trap sense +1, uncanny dodge, wild empathy, woodland stride; AL CG; SV Fort +21, Ref +22, Will +17; Str 17, Dex 16, Con 25, Int 18, Wis 17, Cha 16; Height 6 ft.

Skills and Feats: Bluff +7, Climb +14, Concentration +28, Disable Device +9, Gather Information +12, Handle Animal +13, Heal +17, Hide +23, Jump +12, Knowledge (arcana) +17, Knowledge (the Dales local) +13, Knowledge (geography) +13, Knowledge (nature) +16, Listen +15, Move Silently +23, Open Lock +9, Perform (sing) +8, Perform (string instruments) +8, Ride +15, Search +16, Slight of Hand +9, Spellcraft +19, Spot +17, Swim +11, Survival +17, Use Rope +11; Blind-Fight, Combat Expertise, Combat Casting, Dodge, Endurance, Dodge, Forester, Improved Initiative, Luck of Heroes, Self-Sufficient, Track, Weapon Focus (longsword).

Languages Spoken: Chondathan, Common, Elven, Giant, Sylvan.

Special Qualities: Chosen Immunities: Dove is unaffected by attacks that duplicate these effects: Cone of cold, Evard’s black tentacles, flaming sphere, imprisonment, lightning bolt, magic missile, maze, repulsion, reverse gravity. Chosen Spell-like Abilities: 1/day—feather fall, gaseous form, levitate, major creation, polymorph. Caster level 9th; save DC 13 + spell level. Detect Magic (Su): Line of sight. Enhanced Constitution: The Chosen of Mystra template adds +10 to Dove’s Constitution. Silver Fire (Su): See Chapter 2 of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting for details.

Ranger Spells Prepared (3/2/2; base DC 13 + spell level): 0—detect poison, entangle, pass without trace; 1st—protection from energy, speak with plants; 2nd—darkvision, neutralize poison.

Sorcerer Spells Known (7/7/7/6/4; base DC 13 + spell level; arcane spell failure 20%): 0—arcane mark, daze, detect magic, disrupt undead, flare, light, message, read magic; 1st—comprehend languages, jump, magic missile, true strike, unseen servant; 2nd—invisibility, mirror image, Snilloc’s snowball swarm, touch of idiocy; 3rd—dispel magic, non detection, water breathing; 4th—dimension door, stone skin.

Harper Spells Known (1; base DC 13 + spell level; arcane spell failure 20%): 1st—scatterspray, spider climb.

Possessions: +1 luck longsword (2 wishes left), +2 giant bane shortspear, +3 defending dagger, +5 elven chainmail, amulet of natural armor +5, boots of elvenkind, cloak of elvenkind, Dove’s harp, ring of protection +5, Greater Harper pin.

When the Sisters were split up, Mystra turned Dove over, along with Laeral and Storm, to the (relatively) young mage Elminster. After she showed a preference for the force of arms
over the forces of magic, Dove left to be tutored by Harper rangers. For many years even before the creation of the Knights, Dove fought the Zhentarim and their minions and other evil creatures of the Inner Sea lands. A number of times in the course of these activities, she encountered a band of young Cormyrian adventurers, the nucleus of the Knights of Myth Drannor. The battle leader of the group, one ranger named Florin Falconhand, was in need of training, and Dove served as his tutor. Florin more than repaid the service. Later when Dove had become the prisoner of Orvar .The Unseen. of the Zhentarim, she ran into Florin in the Whistling Wizard Inn in Voonlar, and he released her from her captivity. Dove relocated to Shadowdale to join the Knights of Myth Drannor; not long thereafter she took to husband Florin, the most .noble. man she had ever met. Soon after Doust relinquished his lordship over Shadowdale, the Knights moved on, concentrating their attention on Myth Drannor. Dove became pregnant, and she retired to Evermeet, the fabled island realm of elvenkind, to give birth and raise her child, Azalar Falconhand. She and Florin (and, of course, Azalar) are among the very few humans permitted to set foot in Evermeet. Dove and Azalar currently remain there, to be visited on occasion by Florin.

Beautiful, graceful, and quiet, Dove is a tall woman . at 6. in height, she is not much shorter than her husband. Like her husband and many other Knights, Dove is ambidextrous. She is kind, calm, and firm; her reserved air conveys a strong sense of strength, confidence and wisdom. She is probably the most shy and withdrawn of the sisters, but she is an accomplished singer and harpist, and in private she likes to dance.

Game material sources: Epic Level Handbook, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, Hall of Heroes, Heroes’ Lorebook, Magic if Faerûn.

Edited by - Tyranthraxus on 14 Aug 2008 00:51:10
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2008 :  23:27:44  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-This is a great thread. Thanks.

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

profdestynova
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2008 :  21:33:55  Show Profile  Visit profdestynova's Homepage Send profdestynova a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi

A great thank for this thread.
I don't think this one was described :
Can you give us the stats and stuff of Qilué Veladorn, younger of the Seven ?

thanks forward

Edited by - profdestynova on 04 Dec 2008 21:35:22
Go to Top of Page

Green Giant
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2008 :  17:34:00  Show Profile Send Green Giant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by profdestynova

Hi

A great thank for this thread.
I don't think this one was described :
Can you give us the stats and stuff of Qilué Veladorn, younger of the Seven ?

thanks forward

I posted Qilué Veladorn in the Realms NPC Characters thread found at Wizards' messageboard. You can find it here
Go to Top of Page

Maculo
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  18:00:02  Show Profile  Visit Maculo's Homepage Send Maculo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An excellent thread.

I'm curious to see your version of Sammaster as the great wyrm red dracolich. That is if I got the age and dragon type correct. It's just a passing curiosity though since my PC's would never be able to handle something of that magnitude. *is picturing the great wyrm red dracolich with 34 caster levels* Imagine all those extra skill points!

Any chance on getting your versions of the princes of Shade? I think two or three of them have official stats already

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  19:49:28  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is an NPC that will be found in my upcoming Ixinos Netbook. Originally, the art for this character was published as the cover art for the Hardback transition book from 1st Edition to 2nd Edition in the Forgotten Realms: "Forgotten Realms Adventures"

The title of the subject was "Allisa of the Mists" and I have transformed her into a native of Ixinos. This is not a Canon character in any way however...just my take on her.

So, here is Allisa:

Allisa “of the Mists” human female Fighter 4, Ranger 11, Myrmidon 5: CR: 20; Medium-size humanoid (human); HD 9d10+18 plus 11d8+22; hp 164; Init +8; Spd 30 ft.; AC 27 (touch 17, flat-footed 23); Atk +22/+17/+12/+7 melee (1d6+9 (+1d6 outdoors)/18-20, +3 Sylvan Scimitar of Bane vs. Monstrous Humanoids) and +19/+14/+9 melee (1d8+3/20, Throwing, Seeking, Bashing and Returning Heavy Bronze Shield +1 (+3 to AC) or +24/+19/+14/+9 melee (1d4+8/19-20, Dagger +4) or +21 thrown (Shield); SA Favored Enemies (Humans +6, Monstrous Humanoids +2 & Fey +2), Fearful Attack* and Crushing Drive*; SQ Animal Companion, Armored Skin*, Battle Chant*, Blessing of the Goddesses*, Evasion, Foe Hunter (Pirates of the Inner Sea): +1 damage + Improved Critical vs. Pirates, Immunity to Fear, Shield Wall*, Swift Tracker, Two-Weapon Ranger Combat Style (Greater Two-Weapon Fighting), Wild Empathy, & Woodland Stride; AL NG; SV Fort +17, Ref +13, Will +13; Str 19 (17), Dex 18, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 19. Height 6ft. 3 in.

Skills and Feats: Climb +11, Handle Animal +9, Heal +10, Hide +16, Intimidate +27, Jump +22, Knowledge (Nature) +7, Knowledge (Geography) +7, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +7, Listen +18, Move Silently +16, Ride +14, Search +7, Spot +18, Survival +13, Swim +11, Use Rope +9; Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Endurance (Rgr), Foehunter: Pirates, Improved Initiative, Improved Shield Bash, Iron Will, Mobility, Spring Attack, Track (Rgr), Weapon Focus: Scimitar, & Weapon Specialization: Scimitar.

Special Qualities: Armored Skin (Allisa suffers no movement penalties due to armor), Battle Chant (as Bardic Music: Inspire Courage) 1/day, Blessing of the Goddesses (Allisa only ages 1 year for every two she lives and suffers only half “damage” against aging attacks and spell effects), & Shield Wall: may use Aid Another 1/round to give +2 AC as a Free Action.
Ranger Spells Known (2/2/1; base DC 13+ spell level): 1st – Entangle, Resist Energy; 2nd – Barkskin, Bear’s Endurance; 3rd – Darkvision.

Possessions: Aegis of Adrasteia (+3 Heavy Bronze Shield of Throwing, Seeking, Bashing and Returning +1), Bag of Holding (Type I), Boots of Striding and Springing, Bronze Breastplate of Featherweight* Fire Resistance (10) +3, Brooch of Shielding (89), Cloak of the Mists (Cloak of Minor Displacement, wearer may cast the following 1/day each at caster level 9: Fog Cloud, Gaseous Form (including all possessions), Mind Fog, Obscuring Mist and Solid Fog), Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Helm of Freedom of Movement (as the ring), Ring of Mind Shielding, Ring of Protection +3, Scimitar of Shialay (Sylvan Scimitar +3 of Bane vs. Monstrous Humanoids). As the Champion of Ixinos, Allisa has access to any number of potions, wands and other items that she may require for the fulfillment of her duty to protect the nation of Ixinos.
Animal Companion: none currently

Allisa “of the Mists” is an adventurer of great renown upon the Isle of Ixinos; her exploits both upon Ixinos and in the farthest reaches of the world are sung even today in the Palace of the Queen and at the humble hearths of the lowliest. Quite simply she is considered the paragon of Ixinosan virtue and martial prowess.

Born among the women of Adrasteia in the Year 1316 DR; she was said to be blessed when the priestesses used their augury to assess her worth to the Ixinosan people. She grew strong among her native people, ever the finest example of a child and young woman during her training; though strong-willed and defiant at times. Even at an early age she exhibited excellent skill with a blade and even proved her gift of ambidexterity in her early teens while sparring against her sister warriors in the capital of Tarixon.

When Allisa was tested in the wilds of Ixinos she plunged into the area of Death’s Trees with abandon seeking to prove her strength. It is here that she first encountered the mare Unicorn named Shialay who saved Allisa from the machinations of Taramax “The Hag Queen”, ancient Queen of Ixinos cursed by the Goddesses for her hubris and evil to be forever imprisoned within the Tor of Taramax. Shialay became Allisa’s tutor in the ways of the Keposeruma, and indoctrinated the young teen as a Ranger of the Goddess Meilikki at a young age. She took Allisa to Mielikki’s Belt, and there gifted the young girl with the Scimitar of Shialay which she carries to this day.

Upon returning to the City of Tarixon, Allisa was given great acclaim for her exploits and her choice of any male upon the Island as her consort. Allisa shocked her Queen when she related “Never shall a man know the touch of my hands lest it be in combat.” Allisa was from that point on called the Myrmidon Maid; an ancient title once carried by Queen Tarixon herself. When at last Allisa returned to her own people in Adrasteia she was given a hero’s welcome. She immediately plunged again into the Keposeruma to the home of Shialay. For a year the two hunted across the breadth of Ixinos. Her adventures culminating in an epic battle between Queen Taramax’s hagspawn son Belik Blackmist and his host, which resulted in Belik being slain at last by Allisa. The growing strength of Taramax was shattered; her merrow and sea-hag allies being forced back into the sea while Allisa claimed the Cloak of the Mists as her trophy from the body of Belik.

After this epic she was given a Divine blessing by the Druids of Meilikki which gifted her with the “youth and splendor” of the Goddesses. She then left Ixinos in 1337 DR, the Year of the Wandering Maiden, at the age of 21 upon the back of her friend and mentor Shialay the Unicorn. She adventured extensively throughout the coastal lands of the Sea of Fallen Stars in such places as the Yuirwood, Great Dale and at last into the lands of Cormyr and then beyond into the cold reaches of the High Forest and finally into the land now known as the Silver Marches by 1352 DR; before finally returning again to the Sea of Fallen Stars and its northern reaches. Here Allisa adventured within the bounds of Cormanthor until the Time of Troubles causes her to become homesick and she finally returned home.

By 1359 DR Allisa had plumbed the farthest reaches of Faerun in adventures that would require many tomes to relate; but despite her years she remained a youthful appearing woman in only her mid-twenties at most. For many years she served as the Captain of the She-Wolves infantry, further perfecting their tactics and making the She-Wolves infantry the dread of any enemy on land, never seeking command of the group; but always a ready comrade in arms and advisor to her commander and loved friend Theia. She was summoned home in 1361 DR, the Year of Maidens, to be the Queen’s Champion and here she founded the Maidens of the Queen; an order of warrior Myrmidons devoted exclusively to chaste existence as the purest defenders of the ideals of Ixinosan culture and virtue. Their sole purpose is to serve as the Queen’s Palace Guard which ensures no man enters and no man leaves save by the grace of the Queen.

By 1375 Allisa has reached the age of 59; but seems no older than perhaps half that age; her blessing by the Druids of Meilikki upon Ixinos still preserving her youth and spirit. She rides the shores of Ixinos doing battle when she must alongside her Maidens and living within the City of Tarixon teaching the skills of battle and virtue of Ixinosan culture to the youth of Ixinos.

It is by this time that many young girls upon Ixinos begin to view Allisa as a Daughter of the Goddesses and have begun actual veneration of her; some going so far as to include her in the Dodekatheon and expelling the Goddess Loviatar with whom many Ixinosans have become very dissatisfied with because of her affiliation with Bane. The Adrasteians have gone so far as to erect a statue of her, mounted upon Shialay, and now venerate her as the “Lady of Battle and Guardian of Virtue” in their own version of the Dodekatheon. Believing that she is indeed a Daughter of the Goddesses, Allisa does not protest and instead states to those who ask: “The will of the Goddesses manifest in many ways; if it is their will that I shall be with them upon the shores of the heavens, then so be it.”

Allisa in Combat: Before any combat that Allisa deems very serious, she will be sure to cast Barkskin and Bear’s Endurance upon herself. If fighting alone, she will use Entangle to initially cause chaos in a number of enemies, or perhaps to even help capture a lone target. Because her armor gives her some protection against fire attacks, she will always use her Resist Energy to protect herself against electrical effects to negate as much as possible the “pests that like to use lightning bolts so often!” Allisa is also a master at using the powers of her Cloak of the Mists to prepare a battlefield.

Allisa is a brutal combatant against Pirates (or men in general), using whatever means needed to obtain victory; whether it be subtle hit and run attacks or pounding an enemy into the dirt with repeated shield bashes. She uses her brutal tactics to intimidate the enemy and thus break their strength; sometimes cutting them down from behind as they attempt to flee. Only female opponents are usually spared her full wrath; unless of course they are a Pirate and then they can expect no quarter at all.

Allisa is comfortable fighting within tight ranks or alone; her life of training making her perfectly suited to either role. She is a perfect battle commander, barking orders as she slays right on the front lines; her resounding battle chant often sounding in the ears of her soldiers just as they need the inspiration to push on to final victory. Those facing her in battle often fail to defend their life adequately simply because they are too intimidated to think they have a chance against her onslaught. Rarely will she break ranks on the battle-field unless she realizes her worth is better suited to fighting to a powerful enemy and defeating them while her soldiers continue to be simply inspired by the sight of her slaying the enemy so easily as she goes.

Only in combat alone does Allisa become a true whirlwind of destruction. Leaping from foe to foe with near abandon, she gladly takes strikes to her back to ensure an enemy before her is slain; knowing full well that there are few who can defeat her in even such a cowardly manner because of the power of her cloak. She alternates her attacks between using her Crushing Drive to knock enemies prone to leaping about larger enemies and slowly wearing them down with both slashing scimitar and brutal shield strike. She has on several occasions defeated dozens of enemies all alone by terrorizing quick assaults followed by quickly fading away until her enemies are scattered and she hunts each to an individual death.

If a foe finds that Allisa can focus solely upon them; they are surely doomed. Even hunting giants she will slowly batter them senseless with repeated attacks from her shield at range while avoiding, with some ease, their return fire; until at last she simply rushes in and crushes their resolve before finally battering them into submission or bleeding them to death. Foes that are not so large will find her in their face and launching attack after attack from angles little expected by so large and armored a foe that naught can be done to defend their life; so intimidating is her attack that many wither at the sight of her and plead for mercy…but are doomed to not receive it if their deeds have been judged by her to be fell enough to warrant her attention in the first place.

EDIT NOTE: I was going to leave out the Prestige Class for folks to read in the Ixinos Book; but I'll include it here just in case anyone wants it.

Myrmidon Prestige Class

A Myrmidon is an utterly loyal warrior who is both a strong enforcer of the will of the state and a dreaded enemy upon the battlefield. Myrmidon warriors are usually found within the regimented ranks of a nation’s elite battle-field heavy infantry; capable of defeating numerous enemies before their own fall. The true power of a Myrmidon comes from their fierce determination and unrelenting drive in battle; a true Myrmidon hero can batter, intimidate, and outright crush both the bodies and willpower of the enemy.
Generally, Myrmidons serve directly in the military of a particular organization; most often a national military, but even such organizations as the Churches of various militarily inclined powers have Myrmidons within their ranks. Many dwarven churches have powerful Myrmidon Paladins within their ranks; as these hardy warriors are rarely inclined to be mounted upon a beast of war and prefer to fight alongside their kinsmen within the halls of their clan-holds against invaders or as the vanguard of invasion.
Hit Die: d10

Requirements

To qualify to become a Myrmidon (Myr), a character must meet the following requirements to begin this prestige class.
Alignment: any non-chaotic
Base Attack Bonus: +5
Skills: Intimidate 8 ranks
Feats: Endurance, Heavy Armor, Iron Will, and Shield Proficiency
Special: Must be a soldier for a military organization

Class Level Base Att. Bonus Fort. Save Ref. Save Will Save Special
1st +1 +2 +0 +2 Shield Wall, Armored Skin
2nd +2 +3 +0 +3 Crushing Drive
3rd +3 +3 +1 +3 Battle Chant
4th +4 +4 +1 +4 Fearless Warrior
5th +5 +4 +1 +4 Fearful Attack

Class Skills

The Myrmidon’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Str), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).

Skill Points at each level: 2 + Int modifier

Class Features

All the following are class features of the Myrmidon prestige class.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Myrmidon is proficient in all simple weapons, martial weapons, all armors and all shields.
Armored Skin: The Myrmidon, so used to constant wearing of armor, suffers no movement penalty related to simply wearing armor.
Shield Wall: A Myrmidon may, as a Free Action once per round, use Aid Another to give an increase in Armor Class.
Crushing Drive: If a Myrmidon is armored in heavy or medium armor and carrying a heavy shield, the character may use Improved Bull Rush or Improved Overrun as long as they continue to be so armored.
Battle Chant: This ability has the same effect as the bard ability Inspire Courage. The Myrmidon begins to recite the heroic deeds of the past to bolster his comrade’s morale and to bolster them against fear. To be affected, the ally must hear the Myrmidon’s recitation for a full round. The effect lasts for as long as the Myrmidon continues the chant and for 5 rounds after the Myrmidon stops their chant (or 5 rounds after the ally can no longer hear the myrmidon). While chanting, the Myrmidon can fight but cannot cast spells, activate magic items by spell completion (such as scrolls), or activate magic items by magic word (such as wands). Affected allies receive a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.
Fearless Warrior: the Myrmidon has become so used to battle and strife, that he is no longer affected by Fear causing effects.
Fearful Attack: If the Myrmidon executes a full attack action upon an enemy and deals damage, he may use a Free Action to Intimidate if the damage dealt in HP exceeds the targets level.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 07 Dec 2008 19:56:08
Go to Top of Page

Green Giant
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  20:11:02  Show Profile Send Green Giant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maculo

An excellent thread.

I'm curious to see your version of Sammaster as the great wyrm red dracolich. That is if I got the age and dragon type correct. It's just a passing curiosity though since my PC's would never be able to handle something of that magnitude. *is picturing the great wyrm red dracolich with 34 caster levels* Imagine all those extra skill points!

Any chance on getting your versions of the princes of Shade? I think two or three of them have official stats already

Sammaster can be found here.

The Princes of Shade can be found here.
Go to Top of Page

profdestynova
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  23:02:29  Show Profile  Visit profdestynova's Homepage Send profdestynova a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thx green
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  23:16:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Green Giant

quote:
Originally posted by Maculo

An excellent thread.

Sammaster can be found here.

The Princes of Shade can be found here.

Oh, hey, it's Green Giant! I didn't know you had an account over here. I've linked people to your thread over there many times.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Green Giant
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2008 :  04:16:51  Show Profile Send Green Giant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it had been a while and had almost forgotten I had an account here. Still can't be believe I posted so many NPCs. Maybe when Pathfinder's RPG arrives next year, I'll post versions of them if I can.

Edited by - Green Giant on 29 Jun 2009 19:23:46
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2008 :  04:29:19  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. If you need a hand when Pathfinder's beta is over, let me know. I'm already getting the characters into an excel workbook, so a switchover should be pretty easy.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Maculo
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2008 :  22:01:22  Show Profile  Visit Maculo's Homepage Send Maculo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More amazing write ups.

The Sammaster ones don't show his largest and final form though. Wouldn't be too hard to convert since you already did the hard work of filling in his character levels. One question though.. would he get all the skill points from the form or would we assume it's like shapechange?
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2009 :  18:37:47  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I'm trying to put some NPCs into the Pathfinder form and was thinking of posting them here for comments. What exactly is the principal on posting WotC characters statistics and using Pathfinder rules? Is it something we (or more specifically, I) could get in trouble with?

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2009 :  21:19:55  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyways, I put it out there on the WotC boards (here) and figured I'd see what the feedback is. Please go take a look and let me know what you think. (Granted, it's El, so I stuck pretty close to the original stats from ELH and FRCS).

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Wrigs13
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2009 :  10:16:14  Show Profile  Visit Wrigs13's Homepage Send Wrigs13 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is anyone interested in posting or reading posts about unofficial npcs? Like a catalogue of npcs to fill out the game world without the hassle of actually designing them. I think that using other peoples npc can be a good thing as they are designed using a completely different mindset. Variety is a wonderful thing.

Do not try to understand the 4th edition. Thats impossible. Instead...only try to realise the truth. There is no 4th edition.
Go to Top of Page

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2009 :  19:20:57  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if there are 3.5E write ups for Rhauntides and/or Shaunil Tharm.

Rhauntides is listed as (CG hm M14) in VGttD. I would put him at Wiz7/Loremaster6/Archmage1. I'm suprised that I haven't been able to locate a write up.

Shaunil Tharm is listed as (CG hf M9) in VGttD. I would presume that she would be on the same Wizard/Loremaster path assuming that she's not a sorceress.

"Nobody listens to the Ranger!"

Our groups are all sticking with 3.X classic Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Auzoros
Seeker

Australia
97 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2009 :  12:13:00  Show Profile Send Auzoros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My oh my...this is a juicy meal of crunch! Well done warlockco

Thanks for the write ups for Alok Silverspear and Luvon Greencloak...I loved them in the Old Grey Box.

Tyranthraxus thanks for Dove Falconhand...the one Sister that seemed to be the most mysterious to me.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2009 :  22:26:12  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
GG... do you have all of these stats compiled in one collection of files somewhere? I've copied and pasted a number of NPCs (the Princes of Shade, the Seven Sisters, other Chosen, etc.) from the postings on the Wizbro boards, but I know that I don't have the complete list that you enumerate in the index.

Thanks to you and warlockco for all the hard work!

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Green Giant
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2009 :  18:15:29  Show Profile Send Green Giant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

GG... do you have all of these stats compiled in one collection of files somewhere? I've copied and pasted a number of NPCs (the Princes of Shade, the Seven Sisters, other Chosen, etc.) from the postings on the Wizbro boards, but I know that I don't have the complete list that you enumerate in the index.

Thanks to you and warlockco for all the hard work!

The best I have is a download of the relevant threads from the Wizbro boards which you can also do yourself. I do have the NPCs saved on my hard drive but they're spread out over 126+ documents (not including the deities or the NPCs of the other continents of Toril I statted). Its best to use the ones from the threads I posted since there were times I made corrections on them but didn't update the ones on my computer.

BTW I've just recently posted the Merchant Dukes of Calaunt in the Realms NPC Characters II thread if you haven't checked them out yet.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2009 :  19:43:08  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply, GG... unfortunately, I don't have access to the Wizbro boards; my account was cancelled due to inactivity, and I sent them a reply to their email thanking them for doing so and asking them when 5E was coming out. I don't think they'll let me un-cancel my account now... If you have (or anybody else reading this scroll has) those thread downloads available without too much trouble, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

126+ documents??? I do hope you keep regular backups... I bought an external HD just for that purpose; I lost everything due to a hard drive crash once, and I'm never letting it happen again.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Edited by - Jakk on 19 Jul 2009 19:45:20
Go to Top of Page

Green Giant
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2009 :  19:54:35  Show Profile Send Green Giant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You don't need an account to download the threads. I just tried it without logging on and it worked just fine.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2009 :  20:34:31  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, it worked this time... when I tried earlier, it gave me a login screen telling me that I wasn't logged in. Heh. Thanks for making me try again.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000