Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Power of Faerűn
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  05:39:55  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

Let me just say that Power of Faerun look amazingly great!

I wonder (somewhat to myself....) how much Ed liked writing some of the sections - especially the ones on Mercantilism and Royal Court issues. I remember reading that he wanted to do more with the mercantile aspects - and this - at least in part - seems to be that.

Tome of magic has piqued my curiousity now - and I will give it a good once-over. :)

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  05:45:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Hopefully we'll get our first look at PoF on Friday when Febuary and beyond comes out

I don't want to wait until Friday... Two to Three Fewer Days to Play

Chapter 8 -- Border Kingdoms... Woot!

Nuff said.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 01 Feb 2006 05:55:11
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  06:53:23  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting I wonder if there moving Mats articles to the first of the month

I wonder what the page count for each of the PoF chapters is....

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  09:14:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Nuff said.

I went to bed saying yay repeatedly over that. I'm also interested in the workings of "Influence", and the stuff from the Tome of Magic looks great...
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  09:31:25  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:

Nuff said.

I went to bed saying yay repeatedly over that. I'm also interested in the workings of "Influence", and the stuff from the Tome of Magic looks great...

I wonder if theyve based Influence on the Reputation or Sympathy systems in Star Wars D20

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  09:48:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I wonder if theyve based Influence on the Reputation or Sympathy systems in Star Wars D20

I don't know. I wonder how it will work with the Contacts and Reputation systems(both introduced to 3e D&D in UA, and contacts given another go at with the DMGII)...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  13:53:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Nuff said.

Most here probably already know about my love for the Border Kingdoms -- 'tis one of my favorite regions of the Realms. So it should come as no surprise to anyone that I spent most of this afternoon daydreaming about how I can relate the contents from this chapter to my next FR campaign... .

Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  14:18:00  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chapter 7: High-Level Challenges. Powerful PCs need powerful adversaries. The D&D game has seen a long line of published adventures featuring formidable villains, and this chapter explores how to use deities, great dragons, rival adventurers, and invading armies as PC challenges in a Forgotten Realms campaign.

Does anyone know specifics on this? My players will be knocking the door of level 20 sometime this spring. Will this have challenges of "epic" proportion?

Edited by - Mystery_Man on 01 Feb 2006 14:18:50
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  01:50:31  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed has warned me that he didn't have space in the book to squeeze in more than a handful of Border Kingdoms locations. However, he also said with a smile that he found another way to "get around that little problem."
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  02:47:24  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm there doesnt appear to be much Crunch in PoF ie no chapter for Feats and PrCs...

Hmm I wonder how much of the Win the Battle /Play the Market chapters will be ported over from Heros of Battle and DMG2? ie Profit checks etc

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 02 Feb 2006 02:59:14
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  02:51:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Ed has warned me that he didn't have space in the book to squeeze in more than a handful of Border Kingdoms locations. However, he also said with a smile that he found another way to "get around that little problem."
love,
THO

As long as they're entries written by Ed and it's about the Border Kingdoms... I'll be happy.

Although, I'm intrigued by what exactly Ed meant with those words and that smile... .

I appreciate the further details my Lady .

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  03:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmm there doesnt appear to be much Crunch in PoF ie no chapter for Feats and PrCs...

Which is a good thing...more Realmslore!

quote:
Hmm I wonder how much of the Win the Battle /Play the Market chapters will be ported over from Heros of Battle and DMG2? ie Profit checks etc

Little to none, hopefully. The information in the DMGII and Heroes of Battle doesn't dovetail well with the subject matter that is seemingly being covered---that is, profit checks are for single shops, not mercantile empires, and Leadership is seemingly already being covered. Maybe a bit of information on the recognition points mechanic, but not much more.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  03:43:39  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Although, I'm intrigued by what exactly Ed meant with those words and that smile... .

Well, simply he's organised for ... Owwww! That NDA hurt. Hmm, I'll keep quiet now.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  05:34:19  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

Well - i would guess that it probably points to either A) Web Enhancement(s) or B) a Border KIngdoms supplement late in the lear / next year.

The latter makes sense if he was 'unable' to add more in POF - would not want much redundancy with POF and a BK supplement, now would we?

Of course - who knows - it could actually be option F) Random Border Kingdom emails to anyone at Candlekeep with over 2000 posts.... but I doubt it!

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  06:04:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

Well, simply he's organised for ... Owwww! That NDA hurt. Hmm, I'll keep quiet now.

-- George Krashos

Teasing me again George... oooh!

quote:
Of course - who knows - it could actually be option F) Random Border Kingdom emails to anyone at Candlekeep with over 2000 posts.... but I doubt it!
Now that would be neat... but I'd tell Ed to wait until I'm at 10,000 then he can give me more Border Kingdoms lore 5 times over... .

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  06:51:32  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Which is a good thing...more Realmslore!

quote:

Little to none, hopefully. The information in the DMGII and Heroes of Battle doesn't dovetail well with the subject matter that is seemingly being covered---that is, profit checks are for single shops, not mercantile empires, and Leadership is seemingly already being covered. Maybe a bit of information on the recognition points mechanic, but not much more.

Yes and No while I enjoy relams lore as much as the next Scribe Im not oppossed to Crunch in my FR source books, so long as its intergrated crunch ie Deity specfic and Regional Prcs, Initiate Feats etc

I wouldnt be suprised if the Apprentice, Mentor and Guildmaster Favoured in Guild and those feats that build off the leqadership feat appear in PoF

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 02 Feb 2006 06:56:03
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2006 :  17:28:24  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having seen the content list forthis, my anticipation has greatly increased. This is looking like it has the potential to be an amazing Realms product on many levels.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2006 :  06:20:44  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah... and where can the rest of us scribes find this list?
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

Having seen the content list forthis, my anticipation has greatly increased. This is looking like it has the potential to be an amazing Realms product on many levels.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2006 :  08:06:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Tis here PDK:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20060201a

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  23:28:16  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Chapter 9: How To Rule.

I like the sound of that.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2006 :  23:03:33  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well its now March so

"Pick up your visual scanning. Watch for newly released FR Source books!"

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2006 :  05:16:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the single prestige class in Power of Faerun is:
"court herald PF 108 The court herald prestige class is a modified version of the loremaster prestige class, which is described in the Dungeon Master's Guide."

However, the consolidated lists aren't complete; there are no feats indicated for Power of Faerun, but Eric's indicated in his thread there is one...
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2006 :  05:49:59  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And the single prestige class in Power of Faerun is:
"court herald PF 108 The court herald prestige class is a modified version of the loremaster prestige class, which is described in the Dungeon Master's Guide."

However, the consolidated lists aren't complete; there are no feats indicated for Power of Faerun, but Eric's indicated in his thread there is one...

Where was this noted Arivia? Any other information on PoF?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2006 :  05:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos
Where was this noted Arivia? Any other information on PoF?

-- George Krashos

Here, in the Prestige Class update.

Oh, and I forgot the Preview---Inferno.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2006 :  13:49:13  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are actually two prestige classes. There are a few feats, but they are scattered through the text.

Anyone know who to email to get them to add the missing one?

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Edited by - ericlboyd on 03 Mar 2006 13:50:37
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2006 :  20:11:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

There are actually two prestige classes. There are a few feats, but they are scattered through the text.

Anyone know who to email to get them to add the missing one?

--Eric

Merchant prince(the other one, and the one I was really hoping for) is up now. No clue on feats, though:
merchant prince PF 71 A merchant prince (known as a merchant princess if female) is a member of the merchant nobility who has acquired his position and wealth either by being born into a wealthy family or by earning every last coin himself.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2006 :  20:24:21  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Merchant prince(the other one, and the one I was really hoping for) is up now. No clue on feats, though:
merchant prince PF 71 A merchant prince (known as a merchant princess if female) is a member of the merchant nobility who has acquired his position and wealth either by being born into a wealthy family or by earning every last coin himself.

Yeah, that's the one.

There are five feats as well. I emailed my contact for web enhancements and he said they should be listed soon.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2006 :  20:46:01  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well its now March so

"Pick up your visual scanning. Watch for newly released FR Source books!"

Books a Thousand is listing the book as ships within 2-3 days. However, the Barnes & Noble I just visited near my work today is still saying it won't be released until March 14th.

SB
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2006 :  22:41:12  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This might be the most valuable FR tome ever published... now I understand all those references to "something previously unseen in print". Maybe I will even stop pestering Ed about those drainpipes and farm fences (and other similar questions) , since this book will probably answer those and many other questions that have been bothering me.

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2006 :  00:14:47  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if the Merchant Prince PrC uses elements of the Noble class from SW D20.....

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page