Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Power of Faerūn
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2005 :  02:51:22  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am really excited about this book. I have a Duke in Cormyr, who is a Royal Knight, LOTS of PC's in noble positions in Damara, and a PC who is a merchant.

I have been waiting for a book like this for a LONG time and Finally we will have it!!!

Good job!!!

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2005 :  13:13:52  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade

I am really excited about this book. I have a Duke in Cormyr, who is a Royal Knight, LOTS of PC's in noble positions in Damara, and a PC who is a merchant.

I have been waiting for a book like this for a LONG time and Finally we will have it!!!

Good job!!!

And I echo his feelings, Mournblade!
The first time that I see the comments of this book, it“s sounded to me like a Faerūnian version of the Epic Level Handbook (what will be very good, too ). But now, this tome is growing to be more akin to the old and good Dungeon Master Option - High Level Campaigns!!! And look at the authors!!!

On a little sidenote, I like to said that this year, D&D (and specially FR) was the "greatest lions in the jungle", that was our biggest annual convention of RPG. As a result, we will have, until the end of the year, this tomes translated to portuguese:
- Manual of the Planes;
- Monsters of Faerūn (finally);
- Faiths and Pantheons;
- Players Guide to Faerūn.
- Icewind Dale Trilogy - Book 2 - Streams of Silver

Good and bad news, indeed! Good, because I will have a good support of faerūnian lore in my hands, that my players will can read! Bad, because this will consume the cash that I will spare for the Champions of Valor...

Hammer of Moradin, running to the Thauntle“s Good Heels and Soles, to try discover where in the Mount Waterdeep this lad have find that rubies...

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2005 :  02:09:00  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm... do you guys think that Power of Faerun would introduce some new powerful NPCs or at least update the powerful ones that didn't get stats in 3E?

Would be nice to maybe see some stats for the Princes of Shade or Sammaster...

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2005 :  03:12:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's possible.

I wouldn't mind seeing some material for Sammaster. Of course, info on most of the high-ups in Faerun would be dandy also...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2005 :  05:31:37  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ya, but it seems most of the really powerful have been revealed already. I remember when we all used to speculate about Ioulaum before CoR was released...

It would be nice to have updates on someone like Shuruppak. A powerful (and crazy!) warrior like him can't stay hidden forever, especially with such an unique appearance.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2005 :  07:01:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping that with the material on the Border Kingdoms included with PoF, we will learn about any ruler/power changes and who they currently are.

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2005 :  07:58:12  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'm hoping that with the material on the Border Kingdoms included with PoF, we will learn about any ruler/power changes and who they currently are.

Any significant information on the Border Kingdoms would be great.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2005 :  12:42:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Agreed. 'Tis my favorite region of the Realms.

Learning about each of the Border Kingdoms political connections with other regions in the Realms would also make a fine addition. I've been trying to map something out like that for a while now (given what we know from the Polyhedron articles), so any potential information would helpful.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2005 :  16:43:54  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I doubt that the information will be that specific, Sage. We only know about Border Kingdoms A to O, and as you have seen, there's lots of the little blighters. So I'm guessing they'll pick one or two border 'kingdoms' and give us some info about them (or maybe just re-jig the info from Polyhedron which 95% of FR fans haven't even seen ...)

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2005 :  04:41:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd considered that.

As for kingdoms A to O... the Border Kingdoms material in this book could be a chance to pick up where the original articles left off .

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2005 :  22:02:22  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not until March????

Dangit! I am so looking forward to this book, partly because I have quite a few high level characters to work with.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

jameslt0
Seeker

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2005 :  00:32:11  Show Profile  Visit jameslt0's Homepage Send jameslt0 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And knowing WotC, it will probable be released in April or May of 06.

James
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2005 :  01:18:26  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'd considered that.

As for kingdoms A to O... the Border Kingdoms material in this book could be a chance to pick up where the original articles left off .

I imagine they'll use Border Kingdoms which identify wiith a certain class, as the basis of PoF is apparently setting up your own Kingdom for the various classes.

I think one will be a Mageocracy another a Theocracy, Kingdom ruled by a Paladin etc

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2005 :  02:39:56  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just hope they put a lot of good information in there and not a lot of PrC's and feats specific to those PrC's. There haven't been that many FR books that have let me down, though, so I will keep the faith.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Sanishiver
Senior Scribe

USA
476 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2005 :  07:26:44  Show Profile  Visit Sanishiver's Homepage Send Sanishiver a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man this book just can’t come out fast enough for me.

I could really use some “helpful for Realms DMs running Very High Level Campaigns” material right now to keep my Epic Campaign going.

Here’s a brief list of some of what’s going on in my Realms Campaign: My players have managed to acquire property in Waterdeep and have already run afoul of The Serpent, a merchant and some noble families; one is busy establishing his Barony in the Stonelands and can’t quite decide what to do about all the Dragons residing there, much less how to deal with the Shadovar, the Zhents, etc… (as he says, “Though I’d like to, I can’t just go swording them all, can I?”), in addition to attracting followers and beginning the business of construction of his keep; another wishes to start a floating-in-the-skies mage school; one wants to bring about a resurgence of all non-Lloth worshipping drow into the lands above; one wishes to see Myth Drannor reborn and the relics of Illiphar “Lord of Scepters” be found (“The Curse of the Ghazneths bedamned!” he says); and yet another desires to establish and convert many to her Zhakaran Faith, even though the merest mention of it sets Lathandrites the Realms over against her for her faith’s links to Aumanator, etc…

So yes, ‘help’ please! I'll take fluff, rules, whatever... ;)

J. Grenemyer

09/20/2008: Tiger Army at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz. You wouldn’t believe how many females rode it out in the pit. Santa Cruz women are all of them beautiful. Now I know to add tough to that description.
6/27/2008: WALL-E is about the best damn movie Pixar has ever made. It had my heart racing and had me rooting for the good guy.
9/9/2006: Dave Mathews Band was off the hook at the Shoreline Amphitheater.

Never, ever read the game books too literally, or make such assumptions that what is omitted cannot be. Bad DM form, that.

And no matter how compelling a picture string theory paints, if it does not accurately describe our universe, it will be no more relevant than an elaborate game of Dungeons and Dragons. --paragraph 1, chapter 9, The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene

Edited by - Sanishiver on 21 Sep 2005 07:29:29
Go to Top of Page

Spidroth esq.
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2005 :  22:07:58  Show Profile  Visit Spidroth esq.'s Homepage Send Spidroth esq. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Muahaha! I can't at all wait for this one, it sounds EXCELLENT.

I wonder if it will go into detail about specific faiths and example holy sites, since it mentions that religious aspect in the summary of content we've seen? Details, details, details, gimme!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2006 :  17:25:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bump! I'm bumping this thread back up, since the tome is just a couple months away and there's been some new discussion on it.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2006 :  03:45:57  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Bump! I'm bumping this thread back up, since the tome is just a couple months away and there's been some new discussion on it.

Thanks Wooly! Here is the offical link from the WOTC site, you have to scroll down to the bottom. I think it shows a dragon fighting sometype of airship....or maybe it is mating with it

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20060105a

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO

Edited by - Bakra on 06 Jan 2006 03:46:28
Go to Top of Page

Bocklin
Learned Scribe

Germany
151 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2006 :  09:46:48  Show Profile Send Bocklin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, let's copy-paste the text from the back-cover of the book:

quote:

Rule the Realms

You've survived countless deathtraps, slain hordes of monsters, and overthrown your fair share of petty warlords and would-be tyrants. Ever wonder what it would be like to hold sway as an influential member of the royal court, a mighty general, a powerful religious figure, or a successful merchant prince? Power of Faerūn shows players and Dungeon Masters how to play high-level characters and run high-level campaigns in the Realms. It presents worthy challenges and opportunities for heroes who have had their fill of crawling through caverns and plundering forsaken tombs.

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2006 :  12:17:00  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I stay eagerly waiting for the january preview of the WoTC website, and it gives only the back-cover text?

Maybe now Ed and Eric can give us some little info about the book???

Chosen of Moradin

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2006 :  12:19:46  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if we'll get a more Favored in Guild feats in PoF.....

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2006 :  22:57:07  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We'll probably get told how to run a guild, not just be 'favored' in one.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

BobROE
Learned Scribe

Canada
106 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2006 :  03:13:56  Show Profile  Visit BobROE's Homepage Send BobROE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

We'll probably get told how to run a guild, not just be 'favored' in one.

-- George Krashos

So the Guildmaster feat from DMG2 then.
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2006 :  03:58:28  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are feats in DMG2? I didn't catch that upon 'first flipping'... ;)
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2006 :  04:02:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

There are feats in DMG2? I didn't catch that upon 'first flipping'... ;)

Yep, a grand total of 2.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2006 :  04:26:48  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't there one for gaining benifits from a guild (the now repeated Favored in Guild mentioned in Champions of Valor), and one for gaining the benifits of being an apprentice?

Sorry, my brain misfired . . . the master and apprentice thing has to do with other game mechanics, like the teamwork benefits. Favored in Guild and Guildmaster are indeed the feats.

Boy I'm glad I have you guys here to keep me honest. I don't think I have do so much page flipping in my life outside a game as when I came here!

Edited by - KnightErrantJR on 16 Jan 2006 04:29:50
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2006 :  04:34:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Isn't there one for gaining benifits from a guild (the now repeated Favored in Guild mentioned in Champions of Valor), and one for gaining the benifits of being an apprentice?

Sorry, my brain misfired . . . the master and apprentice thing has to do with other game mechanics, like the teamwork benefits. Favored in Guild and Guildmaster are indeed the feats.

Boy I'm glad I have you guys here to keep me honest. I don't think I have do so much page flipping in my life outside a game as when I came here!

Actually, you're right! See the bottom of page 176. So that's a grand total of 4. I knew I forgot something...
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2006 :  04:41:33  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now the circle is complete . . . when I left this thread I was but the learner (is learner really a word?) . . . I thought I was wrong becuase I couldn't find the other feats in the index, but this was only a cursory means of checking. So few products have indexes I think I may have become rusty at using them . . . ahem . . .
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2006 :  04:41:23  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully we'll get our first look at PoF on Friday when Febuary and beyond comes out

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  05:25:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Hopefully we'll get our first look at PoF on Friday when Febuary and beyond comes out

I don't want to wait until Friday... Two to Three Fewer Days to Play

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000