Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Major Tempuran Temples
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iwatt
Acolyte

Chile
1 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2003 :  15:04:51  Show Profile  Visit iwatt's Homepage Send iwatt a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Can anybody tell me where the major temples honoring Tempus exist. In particular I would like to find one close to Tethyr. I know about the large temple at Battledale, and that Suzail also has a temple to Tempus, but I canīt recall any others.

This is my first post here at Candlekeep, and I would apreciate any help on this topic I could get.

Thanks

Ian Watt

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2003 :  19:04:24  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do not know of any major temples, but I believe there is a number of worshipers of Tempus among the northern barbarians of Icewind Dale, so there might be some temples up there. Other than that, I am not too knowledgable about Tempus and his faith/followers. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2003 :  19:48:13  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you are asking this for the purposes of DM'ing, than may I say that it would not be unheard of for almost ANY major city to have a temple for the Lord of Battle.....they seem to be almost as common as say Ilmater or Tymora...

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Batroc
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  17:58:44  Show Profile  Visit Batroc's Homepage Send Batroc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Temples to Tempus, Bah! Garagos is the true god of War. Tempus is just a cheating upstart.

Zhentil Keep has a temple. Arabel has a temple. Almost anywhere there is good fighting has a temple to Tempus (along with Tymora). Most cities headed by mercs have a Tempus following. Tantras has no temple to Tempus.

Dragons are your friend
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2003 :  01:57:34  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Batroc

Temples to Tempus, Bah! Garagos is the true god of War. Tempus is just a cheating upstart.

Zhentil Keep has a temple. Arabel has a temple. Almost anywhere there is good fighting has a temple to Tempus (along with Tymora). Most cities headed by mercs have a Tempus following. Tantras has no temple to Tempus.

Sorry for getting off topic, but didn't Tempus defeat Garagos and reduce him to a demigod?
Go to Top of Page

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2003 :  19:00:49  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Iwatt, ?tu eres del chile realmente? Finaly one brother of latin America! dont't read your topic, I want speak to you from the books dont traduzed in latin America, and I not have your e-mail.
Yo soy del Brazil, hablo espaņol muy mal, mas hablo portugues. Entre English y spanol me da igual. If you is realy from Chile and play RPG ( el "rol" en espanol )send me an e-mail: Zimeros@hotmail.com...

"Gods protect children and drunks"
Go to Top of Page

The_Mirt
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2003 :  20:19:06  Show Profile  Visit The_Mirt's Homepage Send The_Mirt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe that most places on the Sword Coast/Sea of Swords actually have Shrines to Tempus not Temples. ~Mirt
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  10:20:07  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, in the South most martial worshippers turn to Tyr or Torm as the Triad holds considerable sway in the lands of Tethyr and Calimshan.

The biggest temple to the Lord of Battles in Faerun is in Ormpetarr: the High House of Swords and banners (in the Vilhon Reach) - see "Faiths & Avatars", p.159.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2003 :  14:05:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

I am fairly certain there is a large temple to Tempus in the city of Luskan as well.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Aust Grimshadow
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2003 :  22:11:22  Show Profile  Visit Aust Grimshadow's Homepage Send Aust Grimshadow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have also heard of such temples in what i think was Luskan. In a campaign I played a while back. There are more probably scattered across the North. Near the Crags, Spine of the World, and down the Sword Coast I believe.

"Lies engulf the drow in fear and mistrust, refute friendship at the tip of a Lolth blessed sword. The hatred and ambition fostered by these amoral tenets are the doom of my people, a weakness they perceive as strength. The result is a paralyzing existence that the drow call the edge of readiness." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2003 :  22:24:55  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have found that it is just as much fun to create your own sites in the forgotten realms rather than having to make sure you stick by the books. I don't change things that are written, but I add lots of things to my realms.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2003 :  05:04:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

mournblade94 said -
quote:
I have found that it is just as much fun to create your own sites in the forgotten realms rather than having to make sure you stick by the books. I don't change things that are written, but I add lots of things to my realms.

I agree. I like to add temples in places where they make the execution of the campaign that much easier. As for other sites, well creating them is fun, adding them into a campaign is fun, but working them into the campaign story structure is sometimes difficult, but rewarding.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000