Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Major Tempuran Temples

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
iwatt Posted - 19 Jan 2003 : 15:04:51
Can anybody tell me where the major temples honoring Tempus exist. In particular I would like to find one close to Tethyr. I know about the large temple at Battledale, and that Suzail also has a temple to Tempus, but I canīt recall any others.

This is my first post here at Candlekeep, and I would apreciate any help on this topic I could get.

Thanks

Ian Watt
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 18 Apr 2003 : 05:04:46
Greetings,

mournblade94 said -
quote:
I have found that it is just as much fun to create your own sites in the forgotten realms rather than having to make sure you stick by the books. I don't change things that are written, but I add lots of things to my realms.

I agree. I like to add temples in places where they make the execution of the campaign that much easier. As for other sites, well creating them is fun, adding them into a campaign is fun, but working them into the campaign story structure is sometimes difficult, but rewarding.

Mournblade Posted - 17 Apr 2003 : 22:24:55
I have found that it is just as much fun to create your own sites in the forgotten realms rather than having to make sure you stick by the books. I don't change things that are written, but I add lots of things to my realms.

Aust Grimshadow Posted - 17 Apr 2003 : 22:11:22
I have also heard of such temples in what i think was Luskan. In a campaign I played a while back. There are more probably scattered across the North. Near the Crags, Spine of the World, and down the Sword Coast I believe.
The Sage Posted - 17 Apr 2003 : 14:05:01
Greetings,

I am fairly certain there is a large temple to Tempus in the city of Luskan as well.

George Krashos Posted - 11 Apr 2003 : 10:20:07
Yes, in the South most martial worshippers turn to Tyr or Torm as the Triad holds considerable sway in the lands of Tethyr and Calimshan.

The biggest temple to the Lord of Battles in Faerun is in Ormpetarr: the High House of Swords and banners (in the Vilhon Reach) - see "Faiths & Avatars", p.159.

-- George Krashos
The_Mirt Posted - 14 Mar 2003 : 20:19:06
I believe that most places on the Sword Coast/Sea of Swords actually have Shrines to Tempus not Temples. ~Mirt
Zimeros Posted - 14 Mar 2003 : 19:00:49
Iwatt, ?tu eres del chile realmente? Finaly one brother of latin America! dont't read your topic, I want speak to you from the books dont traduzed in latin America, and I not have your e-mail.
Yo soy del Brazil, hablo espaņol muy mal, mas hablo portugues. Entre English y spanol me da igual. If you is realy from Chile and play RPG ( el "rol" en espanol )send me an e-mail: Zimeros@hotmail.com...
Drummer Boy Posted - 23 Jan 2003 : 01:57:34
quote:
Originally posted by Batroc

Temples to Tempus, Bah! Garagos is the true god of War. Tempus is just a cheating upstart.

Zhentil Keep has a temple. Arabel has a temple. Almost anywhere there is good fighting has a temple to Tempus (along with Tymora). Most cities headed by mercs have a Tempus following. Tantras has no temple to Tempus.

Sorry for getting off topic, but didn't Tempus defeat Garagos and reduce him to a demigod?
Batroc Posted - 22 Jan 2003 : 17:58:44
Temples to Tempus, Bah! Garagos is the true god of War. Tempus is just a cheating upstart.

Zhentil Keep has a temple. Arabel has a temple. Almost anywhere there is good fighting has a temple to Tempus (along with Tymora). Most cities headed by mercs have a Tempus following. Tantras has no temple to Tempus.
Arion Elenim Posted - 21 Jan 2003 : 19:48:13
If you are asking this for the purposes of DM'ing, than may I say that it would not be unheard of for almost ANY major city to have a temple for the Lord of Battle.....they seem to be almost as common as say Ilmater or Tymora...
Drummer Boy Posted - 19 Jan 2003 : 19:04:24
I do not know of any major temples, but I believe there is a number of worshipers of Tempus among the northern barbarians of Icewind Dale, so there might be some temples up there. Other than that, I am not too knowledgable about Tempus and his faith/followers. Hope this helps.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000