Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Drizzt or Legolas?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Deneir
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2003 :  18:57:26  Show Profile  Visit Deneir's Homepage Send Deneir a Private Message  Delete Topic
If these titanic elfs should ever fight who would win.
Both have the youth of the elfs and they both use dual scrimitars.

Edited by - Alaundo on 19 Jan 2003 11:06:07

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2003 :  11:05:18  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message
Drizzt, for sure! As well as being a highly skilled two-weapon swordsman, he also has the use of innate magic of the drow to aid him (not that he will need it in such a fight )

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2003 :  19:08:56  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message
Hmm... Good question. I think in fighting with twin scimitars, Drizzt would win, but Legolas is really good with his bow, and I doubt Drizzt can parry arrows. I guess it all depends on the situation. Both of them are quite skilled.
Go to Top of Page

Deneir
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2003 :  04:13:31  Show Profile  Visit Deneir's Homepage Send Deneir a Private Message
Drizzt's innate drow magic should counter Legolas's bow by dropping a globe of darkness on him and maybee even some levitating
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2003 :  04:17:34  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message
Indeed, I agree. It would depend on the situation. But in an all out brawl, Drizzt for sure.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2003 :  13:33:26  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message
Drizzt is very skilled with a bow also. But Drizzt would still win because he has the Hunter.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2003 :  14:18:19  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message
*sigh* Legolas is my favorite... but I'd still have to say Drizzt. Legolas is good with a bow, but Drizzt has twin scimitars and the panther.

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2003 :  18:56:16  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message
I recall that Drizzt lost his ability to levitate a while after he joined the surface world. But who would win, Drizzt of course he is alot more skilled and he could summon Guen, I like Legolas but I think he doesn't have enough skill to compare with Drizzt's.

We live in a bleak world my friend, where heroes are few and shadows stalk us around every corner.
-Mikai Daerni
Go to Top of Page

Rellen Amostirren
Acolyte

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2003 :  22:16:05  Show Profile  Visit Rellen Amostirren's Homepage Send Rellen Amostirren a Private Message
I suppose it would depend on the combat situation. If Legolas spotted Drizzt at range, Im sure the drow and his panther would be peppered with arrows by the time he got into melee range (thats including the bracers of the blinding strike on his ankles)

On the other hand, in melee combat the drow ranger would make a mess of the wood elf.

In conclusion there is way too many factors to consider. Fighting styles, magical weapons, and the fact being, WOULD they fight each other? Dont think Drow exist in Middle Earth!!

"Stealing teeth and still leaving folks with a smile!!"
Go to Top of Page

enchantedgoblin
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  01:26:36  Show Profile  Visit enchantedgoblin's Homepage Send enchantedgoblin a Private Message
Drizzt. Period
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  04:34:46  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message
I agree with whoever said it first, if it came to a distance fight, I think maybe legolas would win. But I definietly think Drizzt would win otherwise. he's got more tricks up his sleeves than legolas does.

this is just my opinion though.

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Batroc
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  17:54:11  Show Profile  Visit Batroc's Homepage Send Batroc a Private Message
Legs would win. In a straight fight, Guen wouldn't be involved.

Dragons are your friend
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  18:49:11  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message
Drizzt has the advantage in the battle with Mithril chainmail +4
his scimitars and those bracelets that he puts on his wrists or ankles to greatly increase his speed. Legolas, I believe has practically nothing in the field of magic.

We live in a bleak world my friend, where heroes are few and shadows stalk us around every corner.
-Mikai Daerni
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  18:57:29  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message
Drizzt would win because of pure skill not because of what else he
has. Legolas is good but still not as skillful as Drizzt.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2003 :  08:28:47  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message
Enchanted Goblin, your the man!
All you others make me SICK!!!
How could you even think that some little Lord of the Gay Rings pansy little elf-boy could beat me, The Great Drizzt!!???
Here we are in a FORGOTTEN REALMS forum, not a LOTR forum, and you guys even bring up this ridiculous question, you all make me SICK!!!!!! Just who are you loyal to anyways?
The Great Drizzt
P.S.-I would win...er I mean Drizzt would win!PERIOD!

"Don't poke Drizzt, 'tis highly unsociable!" Drizzt Do'Urden -BG1
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2003 :  09:37:56  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
Well Met

Please keep it calm and not insult other members, Great Drizzt! Remember people have different opinions and views and are likely to disagree on things.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2003 :  19:20:54  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message
*Drizzt is also an elf(drow)which doesn't give Legolas an advantage.

You must be joking 70 years too old for an elf? Bah, not likely elves especially the drow race have an incredibly long life span so Drizzt is actuallly young for a drow.

-Mikai Daerni

Edited by - Feanor_Karnil on 24 Jan 2003 19:23:58
Go to Top of Page

jason12345
Acolyte

Afghanistan
19 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2003 :  19:23:46  Show Profile  Visit jason12345's Homepage Send jason12345 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Drizzt

Enchanted Goblin, your the man!
All you others make me SICK!!!
How could you even think that some little Lord of the Gay Rings pansy little elf-boy could beat me, The Great Drizzt!!???
Here we are in a FORGOTTEN REALMS forum, not a LOTR forum, and you guys even bring up this ridiculous question, you all make me SICK!!!!!! Just who are you loyal to anyways?
The Great Drizzt
P.S.-I would win...er I mean Drizzt would win!PERIOD!

Drizzt, I know you...er I mean Drizzt, would totally lose to Legolas. How could Drizzt beat a young, cool elf like Legolas. Besides, Legolas is an easier name to pronounce. Legolas is the best, and he would totally beat you...I mean Drizzt. Also you said this was a Forgotten Realms forum, not a LOTR forum. Sorry to tell you, but The Forgotten Realms wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for JRR Tolkien's LOTR. Elves, Hobbits, Orcs, Goblins, and everything else was invented for Middle Earth, not stupid woopid pansy "Faerun", not that I dont like Faerun. My answer is Legolas would win. PERIOD!!

"Beans are neither fruit nor musical"

-Bart Simpson

Edited by - jason12345 on 18 Feb 2003 03:21:06
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  20:59:47  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message
Drizzt is actually easier to pronounce, he is also ver very young and agile, and he would kill Legolas in like two seconds. Legolas stands no chance against Drizzt Do'Urden.

-Mikai Daerni
Go to Top of Page

sabre
Acolyte

Turkey
47 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2003 :  07:57:21  Show Profile Send sabre a Private Message
There would be no such a fight,not because they are not in the same realm but also Drizzt would never fight a fellow good elf in the purpose of killing.He would make every bit of thing to avoid this brawl and if he couldn't do it he would die before thinking to kill or win over legolas.And I am pretty sure that he would win friendship of legolas or if not he would make him understand that he doesn't want a fight or anything like it.

sabre
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2003 :  19:07:34  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message
Well...I know my drowish brothers and I must say that Drizzt would win, for sure. He's ambidextrous, quick and skillful, so his scimitars should touch Legolas's chest faster than his arrows would kill Drizzt...

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2003 :  19:16:45  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message
First of all we are trying to say what would happen if the two fought because it would be interesting to see who is better. Not blocked by morals just a good fight.

And again have to say that Drizzt would win over Legolas. People are trying to state that Drizzt is old because he is 70 years old.

Drizzt is a DROW ELF he ages like and elf because he is an ELF. He is not some pushover old man he is very young and much more skilled at fighting than Legolas.

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2003 :  19:46:30  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by vlad the impaler

<snip>
And again have to say that Drizzt would win over Legolas. People are trying to state that Drizzt is old because he is 70 years old.
<snip>

You just proved the [sarcasm]'usefullness'[/sarcasm] of this discussion by re-itterating your view. It will only be the Drizzt fans saying the drow would win and the Legolas fans that the LotR ellf will win. In other words a basic pissing contest without ever coming to a conclusion.

If the point is to hear opinions of others, then let that be and don't stress your own view. That implies the topic is open for 'discussion' which it not really is since the whole thing is hypothetical to begin with.
Go to Top of Page

Lost Elph
Seeker

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2003 :  04:59:54  Show Profile  Visit Lost Elph's Homepage Send Lost Elph a Private Message
Well....I wouldn`t know who would win but it would be cool to see those to fight or be friends or whatever. It would just be cool to see the two together.
I can`t really choose I just really like elfs

I`m not lost, my dreams are.

I am one of those people who go through life unseen, but I don`t think of it as a bad thing, no I think of it as an opportunity
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2003 :  20:41:11  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
Okay, let's see. I haven't read the books in a long time, but in the movies the only short-range weapons Legolas has are his fighting-knives. (In case you don't know what I mean, that's okay. He doesn't use them anywhere near as much as his bow, but you can see them sticking up from his quiver. It's where he keeps them.) Against two scimitars, those would be next to useless. Now, at a range, Legolas is an amazing archer, even among elves.

My conclusion? It would depend on the situation. If they meet up in an open place where Legolas gets a good shot before Drizzt gets in close, Drizzt is likely dead. If not, Legolas is.

However, I don't think it would be "cool" to see these two titans duel each other. Not only would you be upset no matter who dies, the bad guys would win. After all, one less good guy.

Now, what WOULD be cool is if they fought together, on the same side. Imagine them in the Mines of Moria, or in the Underdark. THAT I would like to see.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

jason12345
Acolyte

Afghanistan
19 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  03:18:52  Show Profile  Visit jason12345's Homepage Send jason12345 a Private Message
I think the opinions on this topic are biased towards the Forgotten Realms for ovbious reasons. If this question was asked to a fan of both FR and LOTR, he wouldn't say "neither, they wouldn't fight because they are in different realms," he would say his honest, unbiased, opinion. My biased opinion would be Legolas, because I know more about LOTR then about FR. But, after thinking a little more, I still think Legolas would win, even though they both have a good chance. I heard from vlad the impaler that Drizzt is like 70 years old. This shows that Legolas has the advantage. Unless Drizzt has some abnormal superpower that I am unaware of, I strongly believe Legolas would tottally win. I think there is no way a 70 year old fool is going to win, not that he definitly wouldnt.

"Beans are neither fruit nor musical"

-Bart Simpson
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  14:57:18  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message
Drizzt is 70 years old, i'm sure he is older than Legolas. 70 years is very young for a drow they live a bit over 5 centuries, so Drizzt has seen more adventures than Legolas, he's experienced more and has especially been trained in the underdark by Zaknafein who was the greatest weapon master of Menzoberranzan. Drizzt surely has the advantage but since Drizzt is good of heart he wouldnt fight to kill they would probably be friends as was mentioned earlier in the topic but surely they both are respective fighters.

-Mikai Daerni
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  19:33:14  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message
Why do people assume that scince Drizzt is 70, he would lose. 70 IS NOT OLD FOR ELVES. They live to much older than that, and unless i'm wrong, it said in the first LoTR movie that Legolas was older still (I may be wrong about that).

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  19:55:44  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jason12345

I think there is no way a 70 year old fool is going to win, not that he definitly wouldnt.

Just like Salius said. He's not a human and he's not a 70 year old man, but a young drow...I suppose that he may have problems when he would be 540 years old(Maybe even then, he would be very good at fencing...)
AND...HE'S NOT A FOOL!!!

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2003 :  21:45:39  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message
It think at this point i should maybe point out that in tolkiens world elves are immortal, and in the forgotten realms Elves tend to 'leave' the world at round about 1400 years old. Now after reading this i see that alot of people are descirbing Drizzt as old, however Legolas is about 3000 years old!
The two elves are totally differant, if legolas was transported into the Toril he would be about lv 7 i think (At least i hope) He is not a hugh hero of middle earth like, Elrond, Gandalf, Gil-Galad, Galadriel, whom would all be very high levels. Rather he would be some what lower. Now drizzt is what lv16 (i forget now) and was a lv20 fighter (Am i right?) he is armed to the teeth with magical items. Drizzt would easily win. Legolas does not have any magical items as in Middle-Earth the basic 2nd level adventurer doesnt carry a magical item.
Any way i don't think it is fair to compaire the two of them, theu are totally differant- I feel its a bit like saying, who would win a lv 1 wizard at the start of his career, or Elminster. But as Mumadar says its just Hypothetical!
Well that my view.
Hanx Elrond
Oh and btw, aragorn was also alot older than people give him credit 4 in LOTR he was around about the 80 mark, but with he blood the Dunedain flowing through his vains. Don't believe me check your LOTR Appendix number 2

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page

Kendillin
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2003 :  18:49:22  Show Profile  Visit Kendillin's Homepage Send Kendillin a Private Message
Drizzt for sure, I mean he is better than the lengendary warrior Zafkein(sob),and im sure he can take care of Legolas.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000