Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Pazio seems to have rediscovered the FR
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2005 :  08:56:27  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
After a long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long...wait we seem to be getting a flood of FR stuff from pazio

According to a response to a letter in 121 we have the following to look forwoard to

Dungeon 121: Secret of the Arch Wood by Skip Williams

Dungeon 126: A 3 parter by Eric Boyd set in the Dungeon of the Crypt

Theres also another module by Wil Upchurch called The Twisted Run which is a Sequel to Forest of Blood (Wil Upchurch is apparently working on Champions of Ruin so it will be interesting to see if he uses stuff from it in The Twisted Run)

The REALLY interesting new

Pazio are apparently neogating with Ed Greenwood for him to do an FR specfic Column for Dragon, the bad new is we wont see it until 2006.

By the way Tom Costa if your reading this have you done anymore Faithes of Faerun articles for Dragon? I havent seen any in a while

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2005 :  14:27:24  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
Dungeon 126: A 3 parter by Eric Boyd set in the Dungeon of the Crypt

Yikes! I better get cracking! ;-)

For those who missed it, James Jacob let something else out of the bag on ENworld:

http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2102143&postcount=27

"Age of Worms" is their next adventure path.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2005 :  17:14:13  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd
For those who missed it, James Jacob let something else out of the bag on ENworld:

http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2102143&postcount=27

"Age of Worms" is their next adventure path.

--Eric

Cat was already out. GamingReport posted it last night.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2005 :  18:05:40  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry ... I meant annouced a "sub-point", that there will be an "FR adaptation sidebar" with each adventure.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2005 :  23:42:25  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Look at it this way Eric, now that youve got a baby in the house you'll have MANY more waking hours in which you can write FR stuff

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2005 :  23:50:23  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Look at it this way Eric, now that youve got a baby in the house you'll have MANY more waking hours in which you can write FR stuff

Am I to assume, Dargoth, that you do not have kids?

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  00:31:02  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good grief no

But I do know babies have a tendancy to require feeding at all hours of the day, I figure during those late night feeding sessions Eric could stick the bottle in the babies mouth with one hand and type realms lore on his PC with his other hand

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Ty
Learned Scribe

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  01:36:42  Show Profile  Visit Ty's Homepage Send Ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, with those four adventures, Paizo got Fitty Buckeroos from my wallet.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  02:24:32  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Good grief no

But I do know babies have a tendancy to require feeding at all hours of the day, I figure during those late night feeding sessions Eric could stick the bottle in the babies mouth with one hand and type realms lore on his PC with his other hand

Six months, if I remember correctly, before that really works. You need the baby to be able to hold the bottle themselves before you really can count one hand as free to type.

--Eric, looks around guiltily for the parenting police

--
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  02:37:59  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You need to learn Bigbys grasping hand Eric

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2005 :  23:36:11  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now, the other point is that if you expect him to be coherent enough to actually formulate Realmslore in the middle of the night after having woken up 6 times and gotten a grand total of 3 hours of sleep in 20 minute increments.

I, indeed have been there(though not when trying to formulate Realmslore). On the other hand, my girl was worth every second of it!
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  17:08:43  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

After a long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long...wait we seem to be getting a flood of FR stuff from pazio

I was hoping that was the case when I bought Dungeon 121 (after letting my subscription lapse, and not picking up an issue for months due to lack of FR material)

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

SomeDude
Acolyte

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2005 :  04:18:03  Show Profile  Visit SomeDude's Homepage Send SomeDude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Good grief no

Six months, if I remember correctly, before that really works. You need the baby to be able to hold the bottle themselves before you really can count one hand as free to type.

--Eric, looks around guiltily for the parenting police

I know this is about as off topic as you can get but if you wrap the baby in a blanket while you're feeding him/her you can use the blanket to help prop up the bottle. I'm doing so now.

This is the highest my post count has ever been.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2005 :  05:12:22  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has that Age of Worms adeventure path come out yet?

If so what did you think of it?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2005 :  02:18:25  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like Dragon 333 (next monhs issue) might be worth getting

Its got an article called "Relics of the Realms" in it

"A host of new magic items for the faithful of the Forgotten Realms. Let your players feel the wrath of Bane's rod of clenched fists, find solace in wearing Illmater's ribbons of the twice-martyred, or learn the meaning of truth with Torm's trueword buckler."

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 14 May 2005 02:21:20
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2005 :  02:59:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder whether it is just the main gods featured with new items, or will we see some of the lesser known deities also receive some new magical items...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2005 :  03:26:40  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe the relics of power would be shared by the gods and their faithful?

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2005 :  06:05:25  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I imagine the articles will use the Relic rules found in Complete divine

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2005 :  09:31:03  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
originally posted by DargothI imagine the articles will use the Relic rules found in Complete divine

pardon, what is 'Complete Divine'?

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2005 :  10:04:49  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

quote:
originally posted by DargothI imagine the articles will use the Relic rules found in Complete divine

pardon, what is 'Complete Divine'?

One of the 4 Class books put out by WOTC

Complete Divine
Complete Warrior
Complete Adventurer
Complete Arcane

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2005 :  11:36:36  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry ... I meant annouced a "sub-point", that there will be an "FR adaptation sidebar" with each adventure.

--Eric

From the Pazio forums

James Jacobs (Managing Editor, Dungeon), Thu, May 05, 2005, 11:07 AM

Eric Boyd will be providing conversion notes for running Age of Worms in the Forgotten Realms. Keith Baker will be doing the same for Eberron. We had hoped to be able to fit these sidebars into the magazine, but there wasn't enough room, so they'll be in the online web supplement for #124, I believe.

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  08:54:31  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just in case you haven't picked up the July issue of Dragon, here's some good news.

Erik Mona says the Realms are coming back to Dragon in a big way. This month has the "Relics of Faerun," the next issue kicks off Ed's new series "Cities of the Realms" with an "expansive treatment of Crimmor, a bustling city in Amn." Issue 335 celebrates Waterdeep, with an article by Eric L. Boyd and two articles by Elaine Cunningham. Also coming up are "Doppelganger cults of the City of Splendors, a look at Impiltur, and much, much more."

Xysma's Gallery

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  09:02:30  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I wonder whether it is just the main gods featured with new items, or will we see some of the lesser known deities also receive some new magical items...

Hey Sage, the relics covered were gifts from:

Bane
Gond
Ilmater
Kelemvor
Oghma
Shar
Sune
Tempus
Torm

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  10:26:01  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

..... a look at Impiltur, and much, much more."

Me thinks a fellow Candlekeep Scribe has been holding out on us...

*Looks Suspiciously in Georges direction*

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  10:45:12  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Can you blame him? All those NDAs must get confusing to keep track of.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  14:07:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

The Krash has a second article coming in Dragon ... That would be nice indeed if it's true .

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  15:16:22  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An article on Impiltur! That sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see that in print.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  15:20:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, you had absolutely "nothing" to do with this article Krash?

Edited by - The Sage on 14 Jun 2005 15:21:51
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  15:22:45  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can confirm that I have not written and submitted an article on Impiltur to DRAGON.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  19:52:24  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ten years ago, on the AOL Greyhawk boards which at times were virulently, even pathologically anti-Realms, Erik Mona never showed that antipathy, though he wasn't enthusiastic about the Realms either. So I'm glad this is bearing fruit and Dragon is resuming its job of publishing Realms articles which have been a vital part of the D&D culture for a quarter-century.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  13:57:12  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pazio have stuck up details for issue 126 including info on the first module Eric did for Waterdeep

Blood of Malar
by Eric L. Boyd
Seductive vampires, hungry werewolves, sinister drug dealers, trouble in the sewers, and an undead beholder? Just another day in Waterdeep! The first adventure in the Vampires of Waterdeep Campaign Arc, “Blood of Malar” is a FORGOTTEN REALMS adventure for 13th-level characters.

I wonder if the module Wil Upchurch is doing for Dungeon later this year ties into Erics. Wil did a module called Forest of Blood which also involved Malar, even hinted at a Chosen of Malar........

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page