Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Q1 2006 WoTC Products
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2005 :  20:43:37  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
See here: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=141535

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2005 :  21:03:21  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hm . . . guess that answers some of the questions that came up last month about Truenames and the like . . .

Not enought FR things on the docket however. Hopefully there is quite a bit more on the horizon.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2005 :  22:40:38  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Power of Faerun: Any coments Eric? Its a rather odd name if it was powers plural than I might be tempted to believe it was a religion book for the FR. The Psionic system has powers so it could be a Psionics for the realms source book but given that Psions are so uncommon in the realm it seems unlikely.

I have to say I am rather disapointed though that we are getting General source books, we only got one Regional source book this year and Power of Faerun doesnt sound like a title for a Regional source book

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2005 :  23:35:14  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting credits. Horrible title. Can't wait to see it
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2005 :  23:48:57  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guesses By Foxhelm

1) Perhaps a book on Religion in the realms, either with the Gods (Which I think is unlikely, but possible) or with those who worship them. Like Complete Divine or the old Clerics and Fighters of the Realms book. Perhaps with some PrClasses for other gods, some relics of the gods of Faerun, or such.

2)The neutral version of Champions of Ruins and Valor.

3)A combo book of the Hero and Villain's Lorebooks. Focusing on the major players of Faerun or those that have appeared in fiction. (People have been crying out for such a book for a while and it would update the 3.0 characters like Fzoul and Drizzt to 3.5.)

4) A new book involving magic in the realms.

Just some starting of guesses.

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2005 :  23:59:07  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
I have to say I am rather disapointed though that we are getting General source books, we only got one Regional source book this year and Power of Faerun doesnt sound like a title for a Regional source book

I agree, I'd definitely be in favour of two regional sourcebooks. That said, the names Greenwood and Boyd on the front are going to make me sit up and pay attention anyway.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  00:07:22  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Id say your first guess is the most likely

They didnt do a Book of Sweden to go with BOVD and BOED so i doubt we'll get one for CoV and CoR

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  02:34:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Unless of course, it details some of the powerful families and ruling bodies of the various nations and cities in the Realms -- similar in style to the 3e RL tome Legacy of the Blood: Great Families of the Core.

And while that *is* unlikely, I do like the sound of such a product for the Realms.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

jameslt0
Seeker

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  03:16:15  Show Profile  Visit jameslt0's Homepage Send jameslt0 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why not ask Ed Greenwood and Eric L. Boyd about the book, Power of Faerun. I am sure they will give atleast an idea what the title refers to, if it is deities or magic.

James
Go to Top of Page

Keravin
Seeker

50 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  14:02:55  Show Profile  Visit Keravin's Homepage Send Keravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well that's a definite buy.

True Name magic will be interesting to combine with Arcana Unearthed stuff.

I hope the Players Guide to Eberron is infinitely better than the FR one was.
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2005 :  21:08:36  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Between the Red Hand of Dûm and the Power of Faerun it sounds like a good quarter. Only two books, but the design should be very solid given the credit list.

The other titles are probably nice, but did not catch my fancy. New magic systems and strange optional rules are nice for folks looking for innovation, but it is not my cup of tea.

I liked the Players Guide to Faerun. It offers more new info than people give it credit for, and the update on regions was excellent.

Next regional book should be Amn. It's almost 10 years since Lands of Intrigue!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000