Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Cormyr Events, Year of Rogue Dragons
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2005 :  15:30:35  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am co-DMing a Cormyr campaign where the Year of Rogue Dragons is approaching, and I need some help.

1) Do we know of any events that occur in Cormyr at that time? Elminster's Daughter cover some of it, and I am pleased that most of it is behind the scenes.
2) The first Year of Rogue Dragons novel is set further east and has no new info on Cormyr if I recall correctly. Have we have other sources of realmslore that can help me?
3) The first Year of Rogue Dragons novel, and the old Draconomicon, discuss briefly Lareth and the council of Dragons. Are they present in Cormyr? Do they have any noteworthy agents?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  00:04:26  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

If your interested in Unoffical stuff

Then you might be interested in this article I wrote for Candlekeep

http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/bahamut.htm

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  00:16:23  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hadn't previously seen that article Dargoth. Excellent work.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  00:49:39  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Realmslore

I hadn't previously seen that article Dargoth. Excellent work.

I may do a similar thing for Lords of Maddness when it comes out or at least incorporate parts of it into something Im working on

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  16:22:33  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Dargoth, I do not mind unofficial stuff at all, as long as it meshed with the established realms and does not introduce too many contraditions.

Interesting stuff, and I should be able to make most of if fit. Especially the Orcus connection helps me stitching everything together in my campaign
Orcus is one of my key villains (Cult of the Dragon is the other), and it helps if he has some relation to the good dragons, even if they are just a subplot.

Two questions: Is the part about the Vaasan hero whacking Tiamat the official outcome of the Bloodstone series, or is it your invention? Second,have you read Elminster's Daughter? Bahamut may have objections to some of Vangy's actions, and you may want to adress that in your article.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000