Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Free Dark Elf MP3 Album - "The Salvatore Project"
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TCreek
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2005 :  17:28:30  Show Profile  Visit TCreek's Homepage Send TCreek a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Good Day to you all! As many of you may already know, my name is Ken Hill and I've been composing a tribute to Salvatore's writings over the last year. I'm inviting you to check out my online album dedicated to the events, or characters in the Drizzt series. These songs could be used for listening enjoyment, and they could just as easily be mood music for DM'ing campaigns.

If you already have been there, this is just a reminder to let you know that my webserver is back up and running. If you're curious, there will be more tracks in the future. As always, comments are more than welcome. Take care...

The Salvatore Dark Elf Music Project
--Free MP3 online album based on Salvatore's writings---
http://www.soulwire.com/salvatore/

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2005 :  18:25:46  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Very nice indeed, TCreek. I have just listened to a couple of thy pieces and enjoyed them greatly I'll be sure to listen to the others later whilst reading a tome in the late hours.

Oh, mayhaps the Shrine of Milil here at Candlekeep may be of interest to ye?

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2005 :  14:23:41  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really like your music Ken. So far I have only downloaded the 4 first songs and I like the Dream Empire the most. As for now at least. What kind of program are you using, as well as Synth or keyboard?

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2005 :  16:47:00  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TCreek

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Oh, mayhaps the Shrine of Milil here at Candlekeep may be of interest to ye?

Thank you, Alaundo. I enjoyed reading through the lyrics and listening to the melodies at the Shrine of Milil. How is one allowed to put their work in the shrine?

Well met, TCreek. Simply contact me with any works and i'll ensure they end up in the shrine with due credit. I would certainly be happy to host thy work herein as a backup, if you require.

Alaundo

Edited by - Alaundo on 25 Jan 2005 16:47:53
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  18:12:40  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah well I dabble, mainly using track softwares. I used to do some music for a couple of Demo groups on the Demo Scene. But it was a couple of years since that happened. Nowdays I just make something up as it comes along. Have two yahama synts as well as a midi keyboard. And an x numbers of sofwares. Among others Propellerheads Reason.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2005 :  05:11:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've downloaded all the other tunes... I really need to sit down and listen to them!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2005 :  07:39:11  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, I'll likely be having a listen tonight .

This is impressive work, TCreek. I look forward to future additions to your site.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2005 :  17:25:51  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Act of brilliance... Great work and thanks from a true Salvatore fan.

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page

Vaydric
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  14:29:54  Show Profile  Visit Vaydric's Homepage Send Vaydric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*bump*, from way back...

Does anyone know what happened to Ken's music? His own site, and the page here in Candlekeep, are gone. A shame, because I really enjoyed what I'd downloaded (the entire first album, and the first track of the second), and according to Google's cache of the Candlekeep page from 1/27, he's written at least one more song.

If anyone knows, I'd be interested in reading if/where I could get the next track.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  17:33:11  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vaydric

*bump*, from way back...

Does anyone know what happened to Ken's music? His own site, and the page here in Candlekeep, are gone. A shame, because I really enjoyed what I'd downloaded (the entire first album, and the first track of the second), and according to Google's cache of the Candlekeep page from 1/27, he's written at least one more song.

If anyone knows, I'd be interested in reading if/where I could get the next track.

Well met

Alas, Vaydric, as announced in the most recent Site Update, Ken removed his work from the web due to him persuing music on a more professional level and to avoid any copyright issues. Hopefully one day we will see (hear!) his work again.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly