Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 What happened to Garnet?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

monch9
Seeker

Poland
67 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  02:15:28  Show Profile  Visit monch9's Homepage Send monch9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Hi to all Sages,

Just wondering if there are any references to Garnet after the fall of Myth Drannor? Did he ever return? Is he still good? Any books where he comes out?

Monch

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  05:10:59  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In a word: no. This plot thread remains unresolved.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  06:48:03  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She became dinner for a Green Dragon

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

monch9
Seeker

Poland
67 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  07:44:53  Show Profile  Visit monch9's Homepage Send monch9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wasn't the Silver Dragon with her the only confirmed Dragon killed?

Monch
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  09:38:43  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Garnet was eatten by a riddle loving Green Dragon outside Waterdeep during the last Shieldmeet

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  15:54:14  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Garnet was eatten by a riddle loving Green Dragon outside Waterdeep during the last Shieldmeet

Two different Garnets, I'm afraid. That one was the alias of a bard, if memory serves (ELFSONG, right? There's been at least two other Shieldmeets since the events of that story, methinks)

Garnet, the good red-hued dragon with a blue dragon's form from Myth Drannor, is still a plot thread hanging loose in the Weave.....but it's a plot thread I'd love to put back on the loom and add more, given the chance....

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  17:12:26  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeker monch9,

Here is the answer you seek:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Iriador_Wintermist

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by monch9

Hi to all Sages,

Just wondering if there are any references to Garnet after the fall of Myth Drannor? Did he ever return? Is he still good? Any books where he comes out?

Monch

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  18:38:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Seeker monch9,

Wrong Garnet, as already discussed here. The referenced Garnet was a dragon whose fate -- as that dragon's creator, Steven Schend noted -- remains unknown.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  20:10:15  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

Ah, yes: the battle between Garnet and the Army of Darkness in the Year of the Lost Lance (712DR).

I don't know how the heck I overlooked Designer Schend's post.

I'm glad I was able to come back and at least correct that with the right information on my own end!

Thank you, and best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Seeker monch9,

Wrong Garnet, as already discussed here. The referenced Garnet was a dragon whose fate -- as that dragon's creator, Steven Schend noted -- remains unknown.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000