Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Lady of the Dead
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cartweel
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2004 :  05:55:09  Show Profile  Visit cartweel's Homepage Send cartweel a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
[Yay!, first post! ^_^]

So I've looked all across the internet looking for a detailed description of the drow vengeance goddess, Kiaransalee. I bought the "Faiths and Pantheons" book and was simply thumbing through it when I first came upon her and her extremely vague introduction. Ever since then, I've been looking for information concerning her relationship to Orcus, Lolth, and the other Drow deities. I think she's simply fascinating, and could use all the help I can get.

Do any of you guys have any good info for me? or where I could find some myself?
I'd greatly appreciate it!

EEIA17
"I will tell her a story, and she will be kind to me" ~Alexandre Dumas

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2004 :  06:29:15  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cartweel
I've been looking for information concerning her relationship to Orcus, Lolth, and the other Drow deities. I think she's simply fascinating, and could use all the help I can get.

Do any of you guys have any good info for me? or where I could find some myself?

First off, welcome to the boards...

Have you come across this site. It has information on her relationship with Lolth and feelings towards other powers. The site looks to contain information from Demihuman Deities. That 2e supplement is the best source for information on any drow deity, including Kiaransalee.

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 13 Aug 2004 06:30:28
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2004 :  07:21:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I shall echo SB's sentiments:

Welcome to Candlekeep!

The book he mentioned, Demihuman Deities, is one of the best Realms supplements, ever. It was the last of the trilogy of godbooks, the other two being Faiths & Avatars and Powers & Pantheons. I consider those to be the definitive books of the deities of the Realms.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2004 :  08:33:06  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lo!!!!! and behold!!

Kiaransalee is fully described (includin' her gaddang stats... yippeekaiiyay!) in this wonderful, FREE!!, web enhancement...

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20020907a

Have yerself a grrrrrrrrreat day!! (hard to replicate scottish accent in writing...)
Go to Top of Page

cartweel
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2004 :  06:13:00  Show Profile  Visit cartweel's Homepage Send cartweel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankyou, Thank all of you. I've found more than I could possibly need. Now all I have to do is figure out how to torture my players with her.....hmmmmmm.... *plots devilishly*

EEIA17
"I will tell her a story, and she will be kind to me" ~Alexandre Dumas
Go to Top of Page

Eccerion
Acolyte

Norway
12 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2004 :  12:57:10  Show Profile  Visit Eccerion's Homepage Send Eccerion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just run em through the City of the Spiderqueen adventure book, by the time its done they will want to personally kill Kiaransalee with their bare hands, I know I do
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2004 :  13:01:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eccerion

Just run em through the City of the Spiderqueen adventure book, by the time its done they will want to personally kill Kiaransalee with their bare hands, I know I do

Especially if you add in some vile goodness...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2004 :  17:31:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:
Originally posted by Eccerion

Especially if you add in some vile goodness...

Vile goodness? Isn't that kinda oxymoronic?

"So good it will stain your soul!"

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 15 Aug 2004 17:32:54
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  16:50:36  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Cartweel,

Alas, she is dead, but here you go:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Kiaransalee

Best regards,

quote:

[Yay!, first post! ^_^]

So I've looked all across the internet looking for a detailed description of the drow vengeance goddess, Kiaransalee. I bought the "Faiths and Pantheons" book and was simply thumbing through it when I first came upon her and her extremely vague introduction. Ever since then, I've been looking for information concerning her relationship to Orcus, Lolth, and the other Drow deities. I think she's simply fascinating, and could use all the help I can get.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  18:12:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Acolyte Cartweel,

Best regards,

She was only mostly dead. She's better now.

The method of her death was one of the most ridiculous things to be inflicted on the setting.

Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  20:08:51  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Acolyte Cartweel,

Best regards,

quote:

[Yay!, first post! ^_^]

As of 5e, all the drow gods have returned to life, and some have been even suggested by Ed to have survived their presumed disappearance (Eilistraee and Vhaeraun, for example). Kiaransalee herself arguably survived, as there's no way that the spell that supposedly had everyone forget about her would work (it makes 0 sense within the FR--then again, those books as a whole make 0 sense and violate a lot of lore). The confirmation of that is that necromancers still kept invoking her, meaning that she wasn't forgotten. As the wiki article says, as of the Second Sundering, she's fully back.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 01 Oct 2018 20:09:51
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  20:13:43  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Irennan,

I appreciate you mentioning that. Alas, though I will not play the mechanics of 5e, I do need to sit down and plow through the material. I will not lie: the debacle of 4e so enraged me that I never was going to engage in post-Spellplague material. Alas, I just love the Realms so much, I decided to come back and get into the older stuff that I love so much (and post about here at the 'Keep), but I need to adapt to the current lore.

I cannot overstate how much abject hatred I had for the 4e stuff, but...Bane is not in my heart, but rather The Binder Of What Is Known, is.

Thank you again for making that correction!

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

quote:

Acolyte Cartweel,

Best regards,

quote:

[Yay!, first post! ^_^]

As of 5e, all the drow gods have returned to life, and some have been even suggested by Ed to have survived their presumed disappearance (Eilistraee and Vhaeraun, for example). Kiaransalee herself arguably survived, as there's no way that the spell that supposedly had everyone forget about her would work (it makes 0 sense within the FR--then again, those books as a whole make 0 sense and violate a lot of lore). The confirmation of that is that necromancers still kept invoking her, meaning that she wasn't forgotten. As the wiki article says, as of the Second Sundering, she's fully back.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000