Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Have a question who can help me?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erevis Cale
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2004 :  01:57:13  Show Profile  Visit Erevis Cale's Homepage Send Erevis Cale a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Im recreating the city of Selgaunt in the Aurora Toolset for NWN and I forgot what the city guard was called. Was it the Scepters? I remember the Scepters but I forgot if it was Selgaunt they were in or not. I flipped through all my Sembia books and couldnt find it.

Thanks

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2004 :  03:48:05  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As per the FRA hardcover, the guard of Selgaunt is 9000 Scepters strong (p.104).

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Erevis Cale
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2004 :  06:36:16  Show Profile  Visit Erevis Cale's Homepage Send Erevis Cale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks although 9000 is a lot for a city the size of Selgaunt thats like a guard for every 20 ppl lol.

Also, do you know if theyre only called Scepters in Selgaunt or all of Sembia's cities? I forgot to ask before
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2004 :  06:56:45  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erevis Cale

Thanks although 9000 is a lot for a city the size of Selgaunt thats like a guard for every 20 ppl lol.

Actually, the FRCS has Selgaunt's population as 56,514. Thus, the ratio would be different one guard for every 20 citizens if one goes with the 9,000 figure previously mentioned for the Scepters.
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2004 :  15:05:51  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Also, do you know if theyre only called Scepters in Selgaunt or all of Sembia's cities? I forgot to ask before

Hey Erevis,

I really like your username. How'd you come by it?

I believe "Scepters," is a term reserved for Selgaunt's guard, not that of other Sembian cities. The origin of the name is idiosyncratic to the city and I'm sure Ed could shed some light on it, were you to ask him in his thread.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  17:07:14  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Cale,

Master Krashos, as usual, is quite correct. Still the current name of their guard in 2018 as well!

Best regards,

quote:

Im recreating the city of Selgaunt in the Aurora Toolset for NWN and I forgot what the city guard was called. Was it the Scepters? I remember the Scepters but I forgot if it was Selgaunt they were in or not. I flipped through all my Sembia books and couldnt find it.

Thanks

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  18:28:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Um... Is it really necessary to respond to a thread just to say that the answer already given is correct? That seems like you're posting just to increase your post count...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 01 Oct 2018 18:29:43
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  19:55:03  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

I apologize if it came across like that. I figured since I was reading through these threads, and working to try to relate new Realms users to older Realms enthusiasts (on top of my interest in going back through that era of material), that I would just comment to let them know that there is nothing newer at the time.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Um... Is it really necessary to respond to a thread just to say that the answer already given is correct? That seems like you're posting just to increase your post count...

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000