Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 high magic
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Malorik
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2004 :  15:47:03  Show Profile  Visit Malorik's Homepage Send Malorik a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
i've read in alot of boks about high magic and was wondering just what it was, what spells are considered high magic, and how one learns how to use high magic. Any help would be appreiated

Reality is a nice place to visit, but i wouldn't want to live there.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2004 :  17:31:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the best source of info on High Magic is the old 2E sourcebook Elves of Evermeet.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2004 :  19:08:44  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I think the best source of info on High Magic is the old 2E sourcebook Elves of Evermeet.

Actually Cormanthyr is better. :)

And it's free on the link below.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  16:54:12  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Malorik,

I'm going to recommend the Netheril boxed set. Karsus got that stuff...well, got it pretty ugly! lol

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Malorik

i've read in alot of boks about high magic and was wondering just what it was, what spells are considered high magic, and how one learns how to use high magic. Any help would be appreiated

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  18:14:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Acolyte Malorik,

I'm going to recommend the Netheril boxed set. Karsus got that stuff...well, got it pretty ugly! lol

Best regards,

Are you perhaps confusing heavy magic and high magic? They are wildly different beasts... And heavy magic was a goofy concept, as well.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  19:49:22  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

I was indeed thinking of heavy magic. All that good incarnum fun!

Thank you for the catch on that! I did not want to lead someone astray.

Best regards as always,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Acolyte Malorik,

Best regards,

Are you perhaps confusing heavy magic and high magic? They are wildly different beasts... And heavy magic was a goofy concept, as well.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000