Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Shadow Weave: a unified scroll
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Theronalon
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  00:13:17  Show Profile  Visit Theronalon's Homepage Send Theronalon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In my opinion, the shadow weave has been poorly documented in the scrolls of Candlekeep. A common seeker may find the length and diversity of the scrolls challenging to study.

I do not mean to imply that my fellow sages are uneducated on the subject, nor that I am a master of it. But, if there are no objections, I intend to sort through the messy topic and share my findings here (and perhaps a few corrections).

May unity and clarity encourage wisdom.

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  00:30:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didn't someone write up the entire magical theory of it awhile back? If that isn't unified and all encompassing, I don't know what the hell is.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  00:48:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Didn't someone write up the entire magical theory of it awhile back? If that isn't unified and all encompassing, I don't know what the hell is.

Perhaps a link to that would be in order?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  00:52:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Perhaps a link to that would be in order?

No clue-that's why I phrased that first statement as a question.
Go to Top of Page

Theronalon
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  16:40:30  Show Profile  Visit Theronalon's Homepage Send Theronalon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One scroll discussed the issue at great length. It extensively detailed ancient Netheril history in relation to the shadow weave. There were disputes, but the conflict was eventually resolved. Version inconsistency was blamed for the dispute.

I was impressed by the post, so I opened my own library to see the inconsistencies first hand. However, I found that much of the information cited from earlier editions was incorrect.

Other scrolls discuss the topic in less detail, in an ad-hoc manner. However, many of those fall short of providing definite answers, breaking down into semi-factual theory.

I wanted to add to and correct the text, but I did not want to drag several scrolls to the top of the active pile, since all of the information is related to one topic. Creating this new scroll allows me to disrupt the active pile as little as possible. If my research is correct, good. If I am incorrect, then little damage has been done.

I hope to have everything done before tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  16:51:53  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Theronalon,

This is a very good comprehensive list of things about the Shadow Weave:
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Weave

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Theronalon

In my opinion, the shadow weave has been poorly documented in the scrolls of Candlekeep. A common seeker may find the length and diversity of the scrolls challenging to study.

I do not mean to imply that my fellow sages are uneducated on the subject, nor that I am a master of it. But, if there are no objections, I intend to sort through the messy topic and share my findings here (and perhaps a few corrections).

May unity and clarity encourage wisdom.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000