Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Need info on Tymora and Bane churches
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eccerion
Acolyte

Norway
12 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2004 :  20:22:28  Show Profile  Visit Eccerion's Homepage Send Eccerion a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings, I`m involved with two campaigns atm, and I could use some details and Info for both of them. The first is a "standard" campaign (1) where I play a cleric of Tymora, the other an Evil campaign (2) where Banes church plays an important role.
I`ve read both the 2e faiths and avatars and 3es Faiths and Phanteons.

(1)
My lvl 18 cleric is going to move to Selgaunt in Sembia and establish a temple compound to Tymora there. Using my leadership feat granted unbderlings and my own personal magic I`ll be converting people to Lady luck and creating a network of information by building shrines by the roads and temples in every Sembian city or town. By using the spell Call faithfull servant (my 5 lvls as a Divine Diciple PrC makes me technically a celestial), I`ll employ lantern archons as messengers (which they will exel at thx to their ability to use Greater Teleport at will) I will expand the churchs influence across Sembia. Wè`ll gather funds by lending out clerics for duel circles, fighting schools, the military and the merchants, by making holy water, scrolls and potions, and by using the big time healing spells on those who can pay, its amazing how much a one-armed noble will pay for a regeneration spell to get his arm back

What I need is info on the workings of Tymoras church in the way of customs, temple details (as in what they usally look like or how they are decorated), gestures of greeting and such, pluss the Tymoran church in the Sembia area.
What are the titles Tymoran clerics of various levels and/or ranks have?

I`m of the opinion that as a lvl 18, I`m at least in the top ten of Tymoras clergy in the realms, like what lvl is Daramos Lauthyr? (the pope wannabe of Tymoras faith), and who and where are th other bigwigs of Lady lucks servants?

(2)

I need details regarding Bane and his church as of Banes return, 2es Faith and Avatars has some info on it, but most of it would be pretty outdated after Banes death, Xwims takeover and later the return of Bane.
Like what are the titles of Banes clerics? FaA had a list of which most didn`t really sound like Bane, like a lvl 4 cleric is a "whiling whip"sounds like a title Loviatars bunch would go for, or a lvl 6 being a "black fang"?, you`d think Malars guys would have copyrighted that one.
What colors and dress do the Banites use? what rituals and hollidays do they observe? and so on.

Please help me out you sages of knowladge greater than my own Thanks in advance.

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2004 :  01:13:35  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

what lvl is Daramos Lauthyr?

11th level cleric in 2e stats. I don't recall him being updated yet for 3e.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2004 :  04:59:42  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With all due respect Eccerion, did you REALLY read the 2E Faiths & Avatars accessory? Your requests re Bane are covered there in some detail (pgs.38-39).

As for Tymora, I think F&A also covers most of your needs as well. You will not find specific detail as to the 'look' of Tymora's clergy/temples in a place like Sembia because it's too specific. There are thousands of locales around the Realms that would all be different.

Hence I suggest you use the building blocks given in Faiths & Avatars and make up this detail yourself. If another forumite has made up material that mirrors your needs, then I'm sure they'll post the stuff here. As for further official sources, try FA1 Halls of the High King for a bit more Banite material and Ed's thread in the Novels section which noted some banite bits and pieces. Other than that, you are on your own.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Eccerion
Acolyte

Norway
12 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2004 :  20:24:39  Show Profile  Visit Eccerion's Homepage Send Eccerion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

With all due respect Eccerion, did you REALLY read the 2E Faiths & Avatars accessory? Your requests re Bane are covered there in some detail (pgs.38-39.)

Aye its where I got what little info I have, what im after is how are the banites organizing (titles, wardrobe and so forth) after Banes return? Since his return Bane has been pretty busy organizing his faithfull into a single whole, just made sence to me that he`d make some changes in the uniform and such, he did change the symbol after all.

Thx for the Hall of the High King and Eds thread suggestions George Krashos, I`ll check them out post haste
You were right about the F&A on Tymora btw, I`ll have to check my sources better next time

One thing I wanted to ask though but forgot about in the initial post is does Tymora have any chosen? has she ever had any? I`d think an intermediate goddess of her stature would.
And Darmos Leathyr was 11th lvl in 2e? wow and here he is trying to organize a chaotic church, guys got stones give em that, looking forward to having a heart to heart with him (just hope my DM dosnt boost him up to much[:D)]
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  16:49:30  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Eccerion,

Here you go!

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tymora
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Bane

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Eccerion

Greetings, I`m involved with two campaigns atm, and I could use some details and Info for both of them. The first is a "standard" campaign (1) where I play a cleric of Tymora, the other an Evil campaign (2) where Banes church plays an important role.
I`ve read both the 2e faiths and avatars and 3es Faiths and Phanteons.

(1)
My lvl 18 cleric is going to move to Selgaunt in Sembia and establish a temple compound to Tymora there. Using my leadership feat granted unbderlings and my own personal magic I`ll be converting people to Lady luck and creating a network of information by building shrines by the roads and temples in every Sembian city or town. By using the spell Call faithfull servant (my 5 lvls as a Divine Diciple PrC makes me technically a celestial), I`ll employ lantern archons as messengers (which they will exel at thx to their ability to use Greater Teleport at will) I will expand the churchs influence across Sembia. Wè`ll gather funds by lending out clerics for duel circles, fighting schools, the military and the merchants, by making holy water, scrolls and potions, and by using the big time healing spells on those who can pay, its amazing how much a one-armed noble will pay for a regeneration spell to get his arm back

What I need is info on the workings of Tymoras church in the way of customs, temple details (as in what they usally look like or how they are decorated), gestures of greeting and such, pluss the Tymoran church in the Sembia area.
What are the titles Tymoran clerics of various levels and/or ranks have?

I`m of the opinion that as a lvl 18, I`m at least in the top ten of Tymoras clergy in the realms, like what lvl is Daramos Lauthyr? (the pope wannabe of Tymoras faith), and who and where are th other bigwigs of Lady lucks servants?

(2)

I need details regarding Bane and his church as of Banes return, 2es Faith and Avatars has some info on it, but most of it would be pretty outdated after Banes death, Xwims takeover and later the return of Bane.
Like what are the titles of Banes clerics? FaA had a list of which most didn`t really sound like Bane, like a lvl 4 cleric is a "whiling whip"sounds like a title Loviatars bunch would go for, or a lvl 6 being a "black fang"?, you`d think Malars guys would have copyrighted that one.
What colors and dress do the Banites use? what rituals and hollidays do they observe? and so on.

Please help me out you sages of knowladge greater than my own Thanks in advance.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000