Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Shadow Weave: a unified scroll

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Theronalon Posted - 17 Aug 2004 : 00:13:17
In my opinion, the shadow weave has been poorly documented in the scrolls of Candlekeep. A common seeker may find the length and diversity of the scrolls challenging to study.

I do not mean to imply that my fellow sages are uneducated on the subject, nor that I am a master of it. But, if there are no objections, I intend to sort through the messy topic and share my findings here (and perhaps a few corrections).

May unity and clarity encourage wisdom.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 01 Oct 2018 : 16:51:53
Acolyte Theronalon,

This is a very good comprehensive list of things about the Shadow Weave:
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Weave

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Theronalon

In my opinion, the shadow weave has been poorly documented in the scrolls of Candlekeep. A common seeker may find the length and diversity of the scrolls challenging to study.

I do not mean to imply that my fellow sages are uneducated on the subject, nor that I am a master of it. But, if there are no objections, I intend to sort through the messy topic and share my findings here (and perhaps a few corrections).

May unity and clarity encourage wisdom.

Theronalon Posted - 17 Aug 2004 : 16:40:30
One scroll discussed the issue at great length. It extensively detailed ancient Netheril history in relation to the shadow weave. There were disputes, but the conflict was eventually resolved. Version inconsistency was blamed for the dispute.

I was impressed by the post, so I opened my own library to see the inconsistencies first hand. However, I found that much of the information cited from earlier editions was incorrect.

Other scrolls discuss the topic in less detail, in an ad-hoc manner. However, many of those fall short of providing definite answers, breaking down into semi-factual theory.

I wanted to add to and correct the text, but I did not want to drag several scrolls to the top of the active pile, since all of the information is related to one topic. Creating this new scroll allows me to disrupt the active pile as little as possible. If my research is correct, good. If I am incorrect, then little damage has been done.

I hope to have everything done before tomorrow.
Arivia Posted - 17 Aug 2004 : 00:52:54
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Didn't someone write up the entire magical theory of it awhile back? If that isn't unified and all encompassing, I don't know what the hell is.

Perhaps a link to that would be in order?

No clue-that's why I phrased that first statement as a question.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Aug 2004 : 00:48:46
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Didn't someone write up the entire magical theory of it awhile back? If that isn't unified and all encompassing, I don't know what the hell is.

Perhaps a link to that would be in order?
Arivia Posted - 17 Aug 2004 : 00:30:13

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000