Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Worldwide D&D Game Day
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Brother Ezra
Learned Scribe

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2004 :  05:39:10  Show Profile  Visit Brother Ezra's Homepage Send Brother Ezra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My group held a game this evening, but as usual it was at my house, not at the FLGS. We all noted that it was worldwide D&D day, but other than that, nothing out of the ordinary was done.

No one died either, so I couldn't even give out the "My character died on Worldwide D&D Day, and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt" T-shirt.

"Suffering is the touchstone of all spiritual growth."
-St. Sollars the Twice-Martyred
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2004 :  07:08:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wood Elf Ranger

Did anyone participate at their local hobby store today?

Bane's boxers, I forgot about that! I intended to drop by the Wall today, but it totally slipped my mind. Instead I went over to a friend's house, out to see a movie, and then drank just a smidge more than I should have...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2004 :  08:01:39  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Bane's boxers, I forgot about that! I intended to drop by the Wall today, but it totally slipped my mind. Instead I went over to a friend's house, out to see a movie, and then drank just a smidge more than I should have...

Shame, shame on thee! How could you forget?

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2004 :  08:45:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Shame, shame on thee! How could you forget?

I'm still recovering from a 66 hour work week, and my mind was on other things -- like going and seeing a movie and tossing back a couple beers afterward.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2004 :  11:42:06  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I went to mine but there was only one D&D game going the rest were playing card games. I believe it was Magic but I couldn't be sure. I was pretty dissapointed by the turnout. Oh well I'm involved in enough online campaigns to sate my gaming appetite

I was supposed to be a DM today, but when I woke up this morning, I wanted to sleep more, and so I called the gamestore and asked them if they had more DMs to replace me, and the clerk told me that people were virtually killing each other to get in these games whether as a DM or player (because of the free stuff), so I said, "I'll sit this one out Glen," and went back to bed...
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2004 :  17:55:41  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went by the FLGS. They had a shortage of DM's, but plenty of players. It is a small store, where basically every flat surface, or surface that can be made flat, had to be converted to a tabletop. It seemed to go over well, but I was just passing through so I couldn't stick around. It was a good recruitment campaign for new players at least.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Lysander
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2004 :  03:48:34  Show Profile  Visit Lysander's Homepage Send Lysander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Since the closest one that would be having anything going on would be two hours away (I use public transport), I couldn't spare the time.

Which one are you referring to? :) The only ones I know that are good aren't near any Metro stops.

Lysander

Defender of the Second Edition
Moderator, Project Gemengan, Worlds of D&D
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2004 :  05:13:43  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only one I know of is Dream Wizards, in Rockville, by White Flint. I've only been there twice, but they have several tables out for playing. I'm sure they would have had something going on. I didn't check, though, because of the time involved if I went. There's a comic book store much closer, but they removed their tables for lack of use and put in more comic book racks.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2004 :  15:42:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

There were two sessions running in my local area, and as much as I would have wanted to attend... a booksigning in a neighbouring building by one of my favorite authors was simply too good an opportunity to miss...

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Wanderer
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2004 :  16:08:24  Show Profile  Visit The Wanderer's Homepage Send The Wanderer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn.... too bad I got in late and did not see the "what is America" discussion as it (and its offshoots) are quire interesting.

As for Worldwide D&D Game, I did not get a chance to go due to the distance that the closest store was located. I did have a wonderful weekend nonetheless :D.

The Wanderer
Go to Top of Page

Lysander
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2004 :  17:24:49  Show Profile  Visit Lysander's Homepage Send Lysander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

The only one I know of is Dream Wizards, in Rockville, by White Flint. I've only been there twice, but they have several tables out for playing. I'm sure they would have had something going on. I didn't check, though, because of the time involved if I went. There's a comic book store much closer, but they removed their tables for lack of use and put in more comic book racks.

Interesting... I didn't know about that one. The ones I was thinking of - one has a store in Chantilly and in Woodbridge (Games Parlor) and another near Ft. Belvoir (Eagle's Nest, I think). GP (both locations) has plenty of tables, while Eagle's is mostly an independent Warrhammer shop. Back when they existed, there was a WOTC shop in the Springfield Mall... now I regret not buying some of the 3.xE things I could have at their (closing) discounts.

Lysander

Defender of the Second Edition
Moderator, Project Gemengan, Worlds of D&D
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2004 :  02:32:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! A CNN article about this event.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2004 :  05:33:29  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey! Only 60% (2882 votes) say that D&D is the best fantasy game! That means 40% are delusional.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000