Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Miasma
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  05:39:12  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Folks, is it me, or are things here at Candlekeep a little less chipper than I am used to? It seems that daily, topics are getting locked down, folk are constantly passing judgement on one another, and are generally engaging in an endless sniping session that leaves me feeling less inclined to sign on every day...

Now I know, who is Arion Elenim to complain about negativity? I will admit that from time to time I've been less than elated with choices that authors, site builders and creators of the Realms have made. However, I've always tried to keep in mind that I LOVE THE REALMS. LOVE 'EM.

Please do not get me wrong. I am a firm believer in the old adage: "He is a lover of his country who does not rebuke and forgive it for its sins." (George Washington Carver?) If we hold our opinions in check for the sake of politeness, nothing would ever be said.

However, let us recall that several Realms creators and authors are good enough to visit this site, giving us their opinions and actually inviting us to give them ours. I consider this a great honor, one that I do not take lightly.

So, I propose that we all try to remember our manners and even just a bit of humility the next time we decide to start a thread that starts out: "let's list the reasons we all hate everyone working at WOTC..." or some other thread that simply CANNOT serve to do anything save turn newcomers off to this wonderful place and give the folks, authors and the like at WOTC less and less reason to remain here...

Good searching, one and all!

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  06:16:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arion Elenim

Folks, is it me, or are things here at Candlekeep a little less chipper than I am used to? It seems that daily, topics are getting locked down, folk are constantly passing judgement on one another, and are generally engaging in an endless sniping session that leaves me feeling less inclined to sign on every day...

Truly, I've not noticed such a thing over here. I associate such behavior with the forums I was banned from, but I've seen little of it here.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  08:43:41  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I cant say I see it that way, Arion. There are a number of outspoken scribes who I often cringe at, but mostly Alaundo and Tethtoril step in in time. Its not often that topics get locked though, theyre usually calmed down before that gets necessary.

Come now, Arion, theres no danger of loosing our resident Expert Scribe of Elven Lore, is there?

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  09:32:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arion Elenim

I'll admit that it was partly the reason why I was absent from Candlekeep for so long a few weeks ago (the other half of the reason being work related). It became apparent to me that sometimes when I chose to stop by to visit, I'd find little discussion about truly relevant Realmslore. It appeared as though discussion was always being bogged down in matters and issues of little import with regards to Realmslore. But that trend seems to have passed now, or at least I hope it has passed.

I take it, mostly as a phase. It happens at every forum that I visit. And, in most cases it's just the result of most of the regular posters having duties and responsibilities to perform elsewhere, leaving the newer posters to "fill-in-the-gap" so to speak.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  16:08:09  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh no, good Lord Rad. You'll not be rid of me that easy.

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000