Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Meat Question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brjr2001
Learned Scribe

106 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2004 :  05:38:29  Show Profile  Visit brjr2001's Homepage Send brjr2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

on second thought lets not go to candlekeep it is a silly place

Edited by - brjr2001 on 12 Jul 2004 06:26:46

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2004 :  05:57:54  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
likely any monsters that uses Acid (like a Black Dragon)

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2004 :  06:00:20  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most common animals and what not, dont have any kind of special blood (that I can think off) though I could be wrong since Im at a lack of a Monster Manuel right now...
Go to Top of Page

brjr2001
Learned Scribe

106 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2004 :  06:05:52  Show Profile  Visit brjr2001's Homepage Send brjr2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2004 :  09:36:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm loathe to post this, but I will do it anyway(leave it to me to find the one reference in published material):

quote:
From the Book of Vile Darkness
Diseases, many of which involve mental disorders, may be transmitted through cannibalism. Eating particularly foul creatures, such as trolls or fiends, can be very dangerous(see the blue guts disease in Chapter 2)

Any chance this scroll could see a quick sealing? This really disturbs me.
Go to Top of Page

brjr2001
Learned Scribe

106 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2004 :  16:37:17  Show Profile  Visit brjr2001's Homepage Send brjr2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
no im not talking about cannabalism and the most i could of ate is goblins and dire wolves

Go to Top of Page

AlacLuin
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2004 :  18:05:01  Show Profile  Visit AlacLuin's Homepage Send AlacLuin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IIRC, there is also a breed of Draconians (dragonlance dragon kin)that turned into a pool of acid when they died.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2004 :  19:55:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlacLuin

IIRC, there is also a breed of Draconians (dragonlance dragon kin)that turned into a pool of acid when they died.

Yup, you are correct. I don't recall the breed, but I want to say it was the bozaks...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

green knight
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2004 :  00:40:04  Show Profile  Visit green knight's Homepage Send green knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do believe the ones that turned into a pool of acid were the Kapak draconians.
Green Knight
Go to Top of Page

Capn Charlie
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2004 :  00:51:18  Show Profile  Visit Capn Charlie's Homepage Send Capn Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brjr2001

no im not talking about cannabalism and the most i could of ate is goblins and dire wolves

I understand your DM's motives, I believe, but not his actions.

I have discouraged eating such creatures in my game as well, but through more conventional means. YOu re looking at eating one thing, which is a disease ridden scavenger, and another which is a massive predator. I can only imagine how bad dire wolf would be, standard wolf and coyote is so horrible that most starving men seriously consider amputation before those things go in the pot.

THe meat is incredibly rank and gamey and greasy, with the smell of a skinned wolf alone being enough to deter any but hte most desperate from eating it.

As for the goblin, humans are nasty enough critters that I can imagine noone wit hany alternatives shy of buzzard would eat them. However that jsut rules out gustatory consumption. In the right circumstances consuming the flesh of fallen enemies could be viewed with religious or arcane significgance. Perhaps not even from a "eat he flesh absorb the power" stance, but one of respect, not wanting a fallen worthy foes' spirit to wander alone and despair, but taking it on as a show of respect.

Imagine that, how would players react to encountering a truly noble band of savages, with honest and forthwith reasoning for their abominable practice.

Shadows of War: Tales of a Mercenary

My first stab at realms fiction, here at candlekeep. Stop on by and tell me what you think.
Go to Top of Page

brjr2001
Learned Scribe

106 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  17:39:40  Show Profile  Visit brjr2001's Homepage Send brjr2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thx i will hit my dm for his lack of description

Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  23:39:12  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am somewhat stunned at this topic. But now that there are several answers to the question. Could we please let this particularly disturbing scroll get lost in the dust of the archives?

Tethtoril

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

brjr2001
Learned Scribe

106 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  02:13:14  Show Profile  Visit brjr2001's Homepage Send brjr2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Come now Tethtoril it is not a disturbing topic at all it is a topic that has been keeping me awake at nights because i couldn't understand this one puzzling question but i have what i wanted.

come now Tethoril is there something that has puzzled you in the faerun?

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  02:24:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tethtoril

I am somewhat stunned at this topic. But now that there are several answers to the question. Could we please let this particularly disturbing scroll get lost in the dust of the archives?

If you'll look above, you'll see I noted the same...*prays for quick disappearance*
Go to Top of Page

brjr2001
Learned Scribe

106 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  03:21:11  Show Profile  Visit brjr2001's Homepage Send brjr2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
but anyways i have no problem having this locked or anything i got the answers i seek. one more question i dun have the book of vile darkness (no $ lol) is it worth the cost?

Go to Top of Page

Capn Charlie
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  04:28:40  Show Profile  Visit Capn Charlie's Homepage Send Capn Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In my opinion it was. I greatly enjoyed it, and used a lot of the stuff in it against my players.

But as with any book I suggest finding a chain book store with a copy, buying a cappuchino, and perusing it for an hour before you buy it, so you know if it is worth the cash to have at your table.

Shadows of War: Tales of a Mercenary

My first stab at realms fiction, here at candlekeep. Stop on by and tell me what you think.
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  05:10:38  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Come now Tethtoril it is not a disturbing topic at all it is a topic that has been keeping me awake at nights because i couldn't understand this one puzzling question but i have what i wanted.

come now Tethoril is there something that has puzzled you in the faerun?

The topic was requested to be closed by several readers of the forum (most of whom have not posted to this topic). I brought it to you here to voluntarily cease. Which you have agreed to do so the scroll needn't be locked.

And as for something puzzling ... to be truthful, no. But then I work in Candlekeep and if you look hard enough and listen long enough all answers will are provided in their own time.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  05:18:40  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

but anyways i have no problem having this locked or anything i got the answers i seek. one more question i dun have the book of vile darkness (no $ lol) is it worth the cost?

I didn't think it was worth the $ or the hype. However, take a look at this thread as it should contain some other thoughts on the contents for this tome.
Go to Top of Page

brjr2001
Learned Scribe

106 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  06:16:12  Show Profile  Visit brjr2001's Homepage Send brjr2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go Tethtoril man i wish i was you

Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2004 :  01:28:32  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Go Tethtoril man i wish i was you

No you don't. Trust me on this one.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

brjr2001
Learned Scribe

106 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2004 :  01:49:54  Show Profile  Visit brjr2001's Homepage Send brjr2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sure i do, i mean i wish i was you to the point where you know everything and you could add stuff to candlekeep man i wish i had that power

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000