Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

GnomeBoy
Acolyte

South Africa
29 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2004 :  19:44:50  Show Profile  Visit GnomeBoy's Homepage Send GnomeBoy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks For the chance SB!
My Question: To whom is The Simbul's question directed when she says: "I will kill any number of devils if you tell me where he is."
Nice and easy one
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2004 :  20:19:07  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The answer is Asmodeus, the Ninth Lord of Hell, I think.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

GnomeBoy
Acolyte

South Africa
29 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2004 :  19:50:25  Show Profile  Visit GnomeBoy's Homepage Send GnomeBoy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yip Yip, correct answer.
I just love that part, shows all Asmodeus' p0w3r!
Ask away DDH 101
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2004 :  20:58:31  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Easy question:

Why does Urlgen, son of Obould, have the nickname "Threefist"?

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  03:06:23  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Fall of Myth Drannor, page 19.

I have no idea why this nugget is in the FoMD timeline, and I'm not sure if it's ever been built on. (If I were at home, I would check out the drow city under Cormyr briefly mentioned in DDGttU and [maybe] Underdark and I would check out VGtC [the Plungepool] to see if they refer to the event, but otherwise it's a mystery.

I'm not sure why Steven included this little reference in FoMD, but it could be turned into something very interesting ...

All that leaps to mind right now (re: the deaths/enslavements of three noble families of Cormyr) is that MD needed outside support as well as internal political support. If the other Cormyrean (or Sembian) nobles sold these staunch elf-friends out to the drow, it's just another day in Cormyr, but it does have some small impact on the elven realm(s).

Or maybe I just wanted a few more lines on that page and that's all that came to mind.

SES
Who enjoys the trivia but is too time strapped (and lazy) to step up to the plate and participate

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Darkheyr
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  11:40:23  Show Profile  Visit Darkheyr's Homepage Send Darkheyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Urlgen received the name "Threefist" from the rigged headpiece he usually uses in battle. It allows him to headbutt as if he had a third fist on his forehead.

Source is "A Thousand Orcs", of the Hunter's Blades Trilogy

My question... :
Who is Ratakos, and who are his two allies?

silm.pw - A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  12:21:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darkheyr
My question... :
Who is Ratakos, and who are his two allies?

A necromancer, and Lord Aris and Tanatha are his allies, as told by Four from Cormyr.

Anyone can ask a question now, if they wish. Something a bit harder would be nice.
Go to Top of Page

Darkheyr
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  12:34:18  Show Profile  Visit Darkheyr's Homepage Send Darkheyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hm, I meant Ryanna and Moria, but I suppose that works at well. And harder? You'd be surprised how few even know Four from Cormyr over here... *sigh*

silm.pw - A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  15:22:36  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've got one, if I may:

What do the feared mages Sespetar and Turgohn the Two-Fingered wear as part of their normal attire?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  15:34:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I've got one, if I may:

What do the feared mages Sespetar and Turgohn the Two-Fingered wear as part of their normal attire?

-- George Krashos

Under-clothes?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2004 :  14:04:14  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like a hint is needed: think "belts".

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2004 :  14:24:41  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can someone explain me what attire means?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2004 :  14:29:39  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

Can someone explain me what attire means?

From the American Heritage Dictionary via Yahoo

quote:

Clothing or array; apparel

I hope that helps.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2004 :  10:21:56  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm ... looks like the FR trivia frenzy has died off - although I didn't think my question was THAT hard. The answer is:

Kybals' Cords (FR4 The Magister, p.44-45.

I'll leave it to another scribe to come up with another question.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2004 :  13:40:00  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This will probably prove screamingly easy, but I thought I'd have a go.

What is the name of a kuo-toa revolutionary who massacred some drow merchants, and where did it happen?

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)

Edited by - Sarelle on 24 Jul 2004 13:41:04
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2004 :  23:57:54  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, maybe not screamingly easy. Actually, looking at the question, it was very vague. Sorry guys.

Hint: I have just one 1e/2e book, and the answer isn't from it

Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2004 :  00:59:04  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay - I'm guessing that my question isn't the only reason this has started to be forgotten, but I'm gonna make sure. Sorry for not clearing it up sooner.

The answer is: Lu, in the city of Sorath-Nu-Sum (Underdark, page 184)

The next question is anyone else's.

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2004 :  03:22:06  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll throw a question into the mix:

Who is Ilsheen, and what is her role?

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  13:51:40  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess a hint is in order.

Elminster has more than a passing interest in her role.

--
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  13:11:19  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another hint: Her watch is eternal in the Land Under Shadow.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  14:42:10  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm getting the feeling that Trivia is dead?

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  18:00:25  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dont be so sure its a quiet time of year with holidays etc. Someone will answer soon enough. Come on scribes, dont like Eric defeat you What kind of FR fans are you? youre a bunch of... OOF

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2004 :  11:48:50  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hint: Her "creation" is akin to that of Ieiridauna Amalree
in more ways than one.

--
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2004 :  13:56:36  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shoot, Eric! What product/novel talks about a watchghost that is in the Underdark near Shadowdale? I'm drawing a huge blank here ...

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2004 :  23:14:44  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Underdark? She's not in the Underdark.

Hint: It would take more than 30 pieces of silver to get past the door she guards.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2004 :  13:43:46  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Land under Shadow" isn't the Underdark region beneath/around Shadowdale? ... Curiouser and curiouser.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2004 :  02:05:23  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hint: Tis a dungeon through which the Sage of Greenwood wanders ...

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

martynq
Seeker

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2004 :  12:30:50  Show Profile  Visit martynq's Homepage Send martynq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a library somewhere in Canada???

I think your question might be too hard, Eric, since none of us seem to be able to answer it. I tried looking on my very incomplete database of references and found no reference to "Ilsheen" or "Ieiridauna Amalree". A reference to Elminster is way too general (IMHO) and the phrase "Lands Under Shadow" crops up in the Shadowdale booklet from the second gray box to refer to Shadowdale when it was under drow occupation. So, I'm completely stuck... is this in some rather obscure sourcebook or Dragon magazine, or is in one of the novels (which I have never even considered reading I'm afraid)?

Martyn
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2004 :  13:55:26  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ilsheen is a watchghost (hence the "watch") described in Dungeon #30 (hence the "dungeon" and "30 pieces of silver"), page 20, in an adventure by Ed Greenwood (hence the "Sage of Greenwood") entitled "Elminster's Back Door" (hence the "door"). I think she was the first watchghost to appear in print. This is one of two adventures (I think) that Ed Greewood has written for Dungeon.

The "Land Under Shadow" is a poetic reference to Shadowdale (really referring to the region when it was ruled by the drow, see Cormanthyr).

Ieiridauna Amalree is a watchghost, also created by Ed Greenwood, who guards the mansion of Mirt the Moneylender. She appears in Elminster's Daughter, Hand of Fire, and here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/ieiridaunacp. Their descriptions are quite reminiscent of one another.

Someone else throw out a question.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2004 :  15:18:38  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whoah! Pretty cryptic, Eric
I dont own many issues of Dungeon at all, so despite my large FR collection, I doubt I would have got the answer.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000