Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

martynq
Seeker

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2004 :  15:44:20  Show Profile  Visit martynq's Homepage Send martynq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I agree... plus Dungeon #30 is very very ancient and so impossible to get hold of now. If only someone would arrange for these to be downloadable from some location (legally of course!).

Martyn
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2004 :  16:02:21  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to be so obscure. I figured a few of you had a complete collection.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2005 :  20:39:46  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some of you might like to look at the Forgotten Realms Quiz at the Worlds of D&D boards and give the posters there a hand with my questions.

It's fun! It's easy!
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2005 :  06:13:18  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While many of us love the Realms, having the source material is not always possible. As much as I'd like to browse e-bay for old edition material, I don't always have the time or money. Sometimes it is tough enough keeping up with the current books.

That said, perhaps we could try to have the majority of the questions answerable to those who read the novels and/or have the v.3.0/v.3.5 materials? Throw in the early edition questions on occasion if you've seen related material come up in discussion here at the Keep lately.

This and 2cp and you'll still be poor.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2005 :  06:33:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

While many of us love the Realms, having the source material is not always possible. As much as I'd like to browse e-bay for old edition material, I don't always have the time or money. Sometimes it is tough enough keeping up with the current books.

That said, perhaps we could try to have the majority of the questions answerable to those who read the novels and/or have the v.3.0/v.3.5 materials? Throw in the early edition questions on occasion if you've seen related material come up in discussion here at the Keep lately.

This and 2cp and you'll still be poor.

I don't know that I'd go that far... But I do favor keeping it to the more mainstream sources. No questions off the Realms-L list, for example, or questions from the comics or computer games...

Even leaving those things out, there's just so much available lore in 1st and 2nd edition... We don't have a tenth part of that yet in 3.x.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2005 :  12:16:53  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

Some of you might like to look at the Forgotten Realms Quiz at the Worlds of D&D boards and give the posters there a hand with my questions.

It's fun! It's easy!

Certainly fun, hardly easy Faraer. Your questions have to be the hardest I've seen because they are both specific and generic at the same time with nary a place/person name or product hook to give you an idea of where to look. They lack realmslore, m'boy!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2018 :  21:08:32  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok - here goes, time to resurrect this scroll yet again. Good luck to all who wish to throw their hats into the trivia ring!

In response to concerns voiced in the most recent of posts I will start with a question with an answer available to those without an amassed Forgotten Realms library. As such this information is available in sources both very old and very new:

What does the rune Ullathar signify?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2018 :  04:35:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Holy carp! I'd forgotten that this was originally the work of my senile and long-absent friend SiriusBlack. Out of all the once-active scribes who have fallen silent, he's one of the ones I miss the most.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2020 :  03:01:26  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Masked Mage,

The Ullathar rune signifies safe passage. (Forgotten Realms Adventures, page 86) However, I'd like to add in there that the Ullathar rune is an elder rune. ;)

My question is:

What Inn is famous for having a magnificent tapestry depicting an Elven hunt, that is enchanted and has two hunting parties in extravagant armor and a nobles clothes pursuing a boar whilst their mounts negotiate all manner of obstacles?

quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

Ok - here goes, time to resurrect this scroll yet again. Good luck to all who wish to throw their hats into the trivia ring!

In response to concerns voiced in the most recent of posts I will start with a question with an answer available to those without an amassed Forgotten Realms library. As such this information is available in sources both very old and very new:

What does the rune Ullathar signify?

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000