Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Favourite Fighter? Favourite Mage?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GnomeBoy
Acolyte

South Africa
29 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2004 :  19:01:26  Show Profile  Visit GnomeBoy's Homepage Send GnomeBoy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Yo All
I would like to pose a question to any who want to answer :)
Name your favourite fighter and your favourite mage
and no, you cannot pick Azuth as a mage :P

Mine are:
Fighter: Jarlaxle
Mage: Halaster Blackcloak

Edited by - GnomeBoy on 12 Jun 2004 19:03:23

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2004 :  19:28:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've already had discussions on this within these walls. I'm sure another scribe can point you at the scrying chamber, if you cannot find it yourself.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2004 :  22:30:13  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fighter: Hmm... lots of choices. I would say Erevis Cale.

Mage: Larloch the Lich

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

GnomeBoy
Acolyte

South Africa
29 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  19:37:44  Show Profile  Visit GnomeBoy's Homepage Send GnomeBoy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see
Didn't know that. I discovered this site on sunday :P
In which books does those characters make an appearance? DDH_101
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  19:44:51  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erevis Cale appears in the Sembia series and the Erevis Cale trilogy. As for Larloch, I don't think he is in any novels. He is mentioned in the Lord of Darkness manual though.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  19:51:07  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those interested in Erevis Cale, doing a search should reveal more than one thread devoted to either the character and/or the novels he appeared in.

Books Erevis appeared in include:

The Halls of Stormweather (He has one short story in this anthology)

The Shattered Mask (Supporting character)

Shadow's Witness

Sands of the Soul (Brief appearance)

Lord of Stormweather (A supporting character in the novel)

Twilight Falling

Dawn of Night

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 17 Jun 2004 22:16:40
Go to Top of Page

GnomeBoy
Acolyte

South Africa
29 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  21:12:16  Show Profile  Visit GnomeBoy's Homepage Send GnomeBoy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok Cool thx
Only problem for me now is that i live South Africa and the i cant seem to find the older stuff
All i find is all the Drizzt books :(
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  21:35:58  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GnomeBoy

Ok Cool thx
Only problem for me now is that i live South Africa and the i cant seem to find the older stuff
All i find is all the Drizzt books :(

Is Ebay or an online vendor an option?
Go to Top of Page

GnomeBoy
Acolyte

South Africa
29 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  21:43:20  Show Profile  Visit GnomeBoy's Homepage Send GnomeBoy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah it is.
Usually when I order books it's from USA or Britian but the delivery costs and all the crap that goes with that makes it cost about Twice or Thrice the books price, which pisses me off profoundly
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  22:25:37  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GnomeBoy

Yeah it is.
Usually when I order books it's from USA or Britian but the delivery costs and all the crap that goes with that makes it cost about Twice or Thrice the books price, which pisses me off profoundly

I'd try the online route than as it might be more pricey, but there should be a few options.
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  00:32:08  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
tsk tsk

Language, language. Please try to refrain from using colloquialisms such as can be found in a few of the posts above. Conversations can be carried on without such additions.

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

rumblebelly
Acolyte

Turkey
25 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  15:17:10  Show Profile  Visit rumblebelly's Homepage Send rumblebelly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
fighter: Artemis Entreri
mage: Gandalf the Gray (not white!!)

this is the end of the world news: sponsored by god
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  17:07:26  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eh.... I don't think Gandalf is Forgotten Realms.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  17:36:30  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Eh.... I don't think Gandalf is Forgotten Realms.

Unless there is a FR and LOTR tie that I have yet to hear about.
Go to Top of Page

rumblebelly
Acolyte

Turkey
25 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  18:35:17  Show Profile  Visit rumblebelly's Homepage Send rumblebelly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
T'was not specified in the first post
but I should'ave known since this is a FR forum

well in FR who better than oldie Elminster?

this is the end of the world news: sponsored by god
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  22:14:28  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Erevis Cale appears in my novel The Shattered Mask, also. He doesn't play any sort of pivotal role. In fact, he's only in a couple scenes. But I thought I'd add the title to the list of his appearances just for the sake of completeness.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  22:18:10  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

Erevis Cale appears in my novel The Shattered Mask, also. He doesn't play any sort of pivotal role. In fact, he's only in a couple scenes. But I thought I'd add the title to the list of his appearances just for the sake of completeness.

Thank you for mentioning this fact. I've edited my post above to include that novel for works that Cale has appeared in.
Go to Top of Page

costas
Acolyte

Greece
8 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  15:01:53  Show Profile  Visit costas's Homepage Send costas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i'm quite suprised that the names drizzt do'urden or Artemi Entrerai haven't been braught up. Perhaps because they have a few levels in other classes as well.
anuway
favorite fighter: Artemis Entrerai
favorite wizard : Vangerdahast (just loved him in "Cormyr a novel")

Erevis cale is also a character i like very much and i can't wait to read dawn of the night (as soon as it arrives in greece that is i understand how you feel gnomeboy)

please cope with any spelling mistakes :) english is not my native language
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  15:59:51  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by costas

i'm quite suprised that the names drizzt do'urden or Artemi Entrerai haven't been braught up.

Who???

quote:

favorite wizard : Vangerdahast (just loved him in "Cormyr a novel")

He's featured in Ed Greenwood's latest novel, Elminster's Daughter. In fact, if you are a fan of the character or curious about his current status or future in the Realms, I'd highly encourage you to check out the novel.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000