Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Drizzt Stats (or links to them)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  23:03:05  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Could someone provide me offical 2nd Edition stats for Drizzt Do'Urden or his friends? Also, if there is no legal way for you guys to do this, could I be provided with a link to another site? Remember: 2ND EDITION!!!

There can be only one.

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  23:11:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
From the Heroes' Lorebook
Drizzt Do'Urden
Drow male 16th-level ranger
ARMOR CLASS: -8
MOVE: 12
HIT POINTS: 92
THAC0: 5
NO. OF ATTACKS: 5
DAMAGE/ATTACK: 1d8+7 (x3), 1d8+5 (x2)
MAGIC RESISTANCE: 82%; +2 on saves vs. magic
ALIGNMENT: Chaotic good
STR 13, DEX 20, CON 15, INT 17, WIS 17, CHA 14
Spell-like Abilities: dancing lights, faerie fire, darkness, levitate,
know alignment, and detect magic each once per day.
Priest spells (3/3/3): Drizzt is a follower of Mielikki. Spells
that he prefers or that he most often finds it necessary to carry
include: 1st- animal friendship, entangle, pass without trace;
2nd- charm person or mammal, speak with animals, warp wood;
3rd- hold animals, snare, spike growth.
Weapons of Proficiency: scimitars (two-handed fighting
style from The Complete Fighter's Handbook); short sword; dagger;
long sword; short bow, flight arrow; 3 open.
Ranger/Thief Abilities: MS 99, HS 99, DN 60, CW 99.
Nonweapon Proficiencies: direction sense; languages,
modern (Undercommon); light-fighting (the reverse of blindfighting);
rope use; running; survival (Underdark and northern
wilderness); tracking; 6 open.
Equipment: A curious mix of adventuring gear; some drow
and much dwarven equipment is commonly used by Drizzt.
Magical Items: mithral chain mail +4; a frostbrand +3 scimitar
(named Twinkle); a defender +5 scimitar; and a figurine of
wondrous power: onyx panther (named Guenhwyvar; see the end
of this entry).
Combat/Tactics: Drizzt fights in the two-handed style common
to drow warriors. While few could hope to duplicate his
style, his current profession as a ranger (and his high Dexterity)
allow him to continue to use this mode of fighting. Drizzt's
ranger species enemy is goblins.

quote:

Guenhwyvar: AC 4; MV 15; HD 6+6; hp 45; THAC0 13;
#AT 3; Dmg 1d4(x2)/1d12, plus rear claws rake for 2d4(x2) if
both front paws score hits; SD never surprised; SZ M (6#146; long);
ML fanatic (18); AL N; XP 1,400.
Drizzt's closest companion is the animal that emerges from
his figurine of wondrous power, the onyx panther called Guenhwyvar.
The panther can be summoned forth from the figurine
up to three times per week, for a total of 24 hours altogether
during that time. If she is slain while activated, she reverts
the figurine form and can be called forth again later.

There's more information in said tome-but that's the stats side of things.

Edited by - Arivia on 26 May 2004 23:17:02
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  23:14:33  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

[quote]From the Heroes' Lorebook
Drizzt Do#146;Urden

#146???!! I always knew that character was factory produced.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  23:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
#146???!! I always knew that character was factory produced.

Fixed. I haate text encoding.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  23:21:27  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Awwww, it was more fun the other way.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  23:24:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Awwww, it was more fun the other way.

But we want the lore to be usable, fellow Scribe. Well-it's not lore, but still.
Go to Top of Page

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  17:05:18  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does this Heroes' Lorebook have stats for the Elminster, Wulfgar, Catti-Brie, Bruenor Battlehammer, or Regis?

There can be only one.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  17:17:55  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aragorn II

Does this Heroes' Lorebook have stats for the Elminster, Wulfgar, Catti-Brie, Bruenor Battlehammer, or Regis?

Yes to all.
Go to Top of Page

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  18:53:58  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could they please be put here too?

There can be only one.
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  19:03:36  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm interested in Drizzt's fellows stats, too, specially in Elminster ones. Maybe for my english level, but, SiriusBlack or Arivia, can you tell me what's an urden? I recognize that my only experience in role games are the bg saga and the temple of elemntal evil, but how they are in spanish maybe it's a word i already know.....

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  19:09:54  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Could they please be put here too?

Sorry, but to my knowledge, though this varies, that would be too large amount of copyrighted information to post.

I think RPGNOW has it available for download if you are interested in that.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  19:13:02  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gion
Maybe for my english level, but, SiriusBlack or Arivia, can you tell me what's an urden?

To my knowledge, "urden" is not a word within the English language. The closest thing to it would be "Urd" from Scandinavian Mythology.
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  19:14:45  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Maybe for my english level, but, SiriusBlack or Arivia, can you tell me what's an urden?

To my knowledge, "urden" is not a word within the English language. The closest thing to it would be "Urd" from Scandinavian Mythology.

What does it mean?

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  19:21:16  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
What does it mean?

a giantess personifying the past
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  20:04:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Urd was one of the three Norns, the Norse goddesses of Fate. She covered the past. The other three were Verthandi (present) and Skuld (future). 'Twas from them that Kousuke Fujishima got the names for the goddesses in Ah!/Oh! My Goddess! (Aa! Megamisama!).

Do'Urden is just the easier to use version of the name of the House Drizzt was born to. I believe the full name was Daermon Na'Shezbernon, or something like that. And I'm sure I misspelled that, but I've not the time to look up the correct spelling.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 27 May 2004 20:08:13
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  15:07:35  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excuse my ignorance, SiriusBlack and The Sage, but you said that the stats of Drizzt's party are copyrighted Info. Why? I mean... Thi is not an useful information if you understand what i mean.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  15:50:56  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Excuse my ignorance, SiriusBlack and The Sage, but you said that the stats of Drizzt's party are copyrighted Info. Why? I mean... Thi is not an useful information if you understand what i mean.

Copyright is the legal right granted to an author, composer, playwright, publisher, or distributor to exclusive publication, production, sale, or distribution of a literary, musical, dramatic, or artistic work.

I'd suggest you email one of the wise and friendly moderators on this site. They could better explain what is and is not allowed to be posted on Candlekeep.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  16:17:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It doesn't have to be useful to be copyrighted.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  16:29:15  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
It doesn't have to be useful to be copyrighted.

LOL! I just got this image of a person holding a book and as he/she reads the last page, the person begins to shout, "Why is this copyrighted?! There is nothing useful in here!"
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  18:29:24  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You Both are right SiriusBlack and Wooly Rupert. Sorry about my "contribution".

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  18:32:34  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No need to apologize. What is and isn't allowed to be posted can be difficult to understand at times. That fact is why I suggested you email one of the moderators. I'm sure after talking to them you'll have a better understanding and you'll get it from an official source rather than second hand information.
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  18:36:31  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

No need to apologize. What is and isn't allowed to be posted can be difficult to understand at times. That fact is why I suggested you email one of the moderators. I'm sure after talking to them you'll have a better understanding and you'll get it from an official source rather than second hand information.

Thank for your, as usual, kindness, SiriusBlack. I recognize that when i read all the contributions that people as you, The Sage, Sarta or Bookwyrm do i feel overwhelmed cause my knowledge is not so vast as yours.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  19:05:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thank for your, as usual, kindness, SiriusBlack. I recognize that when i read all the contributions that people as you, The Sage, Sarta or Bookwyrm do i feel overwhelmed cause my knowledge is not so vast as yours.

Some companies are quite particular about enforcing their copyrights, so a great many of us are fearful of treading on any toes on that particular issue. After all, we don't want to lose our home away from home.

Being new to the Realms can be overwhelming -- but at one point in time, all of us were new to the Realms.

I've been interested in the Realms since around 1990 or so. At that point, I started buying various supplements, as I could get them. That's the only reason I have a good amount of Realms knowledge now! Still, I sometimes still feel overwhelmed, because I know I'm not nearly as knowledgable as some others here.

Having a community like this is great for new fans -- especially considering how the scribes here are a friendly and helpful bunch. Believe you me, I wish I had found this site a few years ago!

Feel free to ask questions, though. That's part of why we're here.

Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  19:16:07  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Some companies are quite particular about enforcing their copyrights, so a great many of us are fearful of treading on any toes on that particular issue. After all, we don't want to lose our home away from home.

Being new to the Realms can be overwhelming -- but at one point in time, all of us were new to the Realms.

I've been interested in the Realms since around 1990 or so. At that point, I started buying various supplements, as I could get them. That's the only reason I have a good amount of Realms knowledge now! Still, I sometimes still feel overwhelmed, because I know I'm not nearly as knowledgable as some others here.

Having a community like this is great for new fans -- especially considering how the scribes here are a friendly and helpful bunch. Believe you me, I wish I had found this site a few years ago!

Feel free to ask questions, though. That's part of why we're here.

Thanks wooly rupert, i completely agree with you about the kindness of the scribes here. It's refreshing. I've got many questions, i don't know many things but i try to carry with it, and learn as much as i can.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  19:26:45  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First off, you're welcome Gion.

quote:

Yes, as I recall wasn't TSR and its online coordinator in the mid 90s or so very fanatic with certain information being online? Not sure, but I seem to recall something like that when I was on the FR Mailing list way back then.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  20:02:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

First off, you're welcome Gion.

quote:

Yes, as I recall wasn't TSR and its online coordinator in the mid 90s or so very fanatic with certain information being online? Not sure, but I seem to recall something like that when I was on the FR Mailing list way back then.

So I've heard... I don't know for certain, though, as I was justing venturing on-line for the first time in the mid- to late 90's. It was a couple years before I even found the Wizards website, and I didn't get into on-line communities other than Livejournal until about a year or so ago.

Go to Top of Page

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  17:56:02  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Am I unwittingly crossing a "copyright infringement" line? If so, I will pull back and retract my requests.

There can be only one.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  18:10:14  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Am I unwittingly crossing a "copyright infringement" line? If so, I will pull back and retract my requests.

Best way to determine that would be to contact one of the moderators. I know what I've been told privately in an email on what can be posted and how much, and I know what I've seen. Thus, I'd check with them before listening to anyone else on here.
Go to Top of Page

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  18:16:49  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I may come across a wee bit overconcerned, but I've already created a topic that was locked and a topic that people warned me might be crossing a line.

There can be only one.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  18:25:10  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I may come across a wee bit overconcerned, but I've already created a topic that was locked and a topic that people warned me might be crossing a line.

Even more reason to have something in email from a moderator on what can or can't be posted. This way if people start to voice concerns you have something to back up that you can post whatever you did.
Go to Top of Page

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  18:56:29  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay. Thank you.

There can be only one.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000