Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Drizzt Stats (or links to them)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  17:53:06  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by aragorn II

Could they please be put here too?

Sorry, but to my knowledge, though this varies, that would be too large amount of copyrighted information to post.

I think RPGNOW has it available for download if you are interested in that.

The thing is, I'm a freshman without a job. In other words...I'm broke

There can be only one.
Go to Top of Page

Yoshimo
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  23:41:12  Show Profile  Visit Yoshimo's Homepage Send Yoshimo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An ailment to which we all suffer, it seems.

May the light of Selune light your path and Olidammara guide your footsteps ~Shadow Thief Motto
Go to Top of Page

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  19:20:25  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It may be funny after the fact, but it sure as heck ain't funny right at the present.

There can be only one.
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  20:33:09  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*tap, tap*

Oh, sorry there folk, forgot how long this blasted staff was. Please return to the topic or allow this scroll to fade into the shelves of the library.

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  17:56:23  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright, Tethoril. Okay, what is some stuff that people know about Drizzt? Like, what year was he born, when did he go to the surface, does he have a favorite food, etc.?

There can be only one.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  18:52:44  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Alright, Tethoril. Okay, what is some stuff that people know about Drizzt? Like, what year was he born, when did he go to the surface, does he have a favorite food, etc.?

Isn't 1297 DR his birth? As for favorite food, I'm not sure. Perhaps one day there will be Drizzt: The Unauthorized Biography by Volo that will reveal many of these details.
Go to Top of Page

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  18:28:49  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Volo as in Marco Volo or Volothamp Geddarm?

There can be only one.

Edited by - aragorn II on 12 Jun 2004 19:31:50
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  19:48:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Volo as in Marco Volo or Volothamp Geddam?

Marco Volo was an imposter, using and abusing Volothamp Geddarm's (almost) good name. The latter is a wonderful source of Realmslore, when he's not on the run.

And I'd have to check, but I believe that 1297 was the year of Drizzt's birth.

-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  18:59:14  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, when did he go to the surface?

There can be only one.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  19:17:37  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Okay, when did he go to the surface?

:)

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/beforedod

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  21:48:24  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the link. Now, when does the Thousand Orcs take place?

There can be only one.
Go to Top of Page

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  15:22:02  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want to thank all of you for all of the information and links you have supplied me.

There can be only one.
Go to Top of Page

Sourcemaster2
Senior Scribe

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  17:59:14  Show Profile  Visit Sourcemaster2's Homepage Send Sourcemaster2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has there ever been any justification for Drizzt using his darkness ability multiple times a day?

But what have all the passing years/Done, but breed new angers, fears?/Show me now an equal worth/To innocence I earned at birth.
Go to Top of Page

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  17:04:04  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the justification is...
[Drumroll]
...Bob can bend the rules, he's an author.
[Applause]

There can be only one.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  17:58:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah, the justification is...
[Drumroll]
...Bob can bend the rules, he's an author.
[Applause]

Yup. Things in novels don't always follow the rules of the game, because storytelling is more important than numbers or rules.

-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  18:21:17  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Yup. Things in novels don't always follow the rules of the game, because storytelling is more important than numbers or rules.

My only problem is I've seen some authors hanged in effigy for not following the rules while others seem to get a free pass.
Go to Top of Page

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  18:51:49  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess it all depends on what mood the Wizards who hail from the Coast are in.

There can be only one.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000