Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Drizzt Stats (or links to them)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
aragorn II Posted - 26 May 2004 : 23:03:05
Could someone provide me offical 2nd Edition stats for Drizzt Do'Urden or his friends? Also, if there is no legal way for you guys to do this, could I be provided with a link to another site? Remember: 2ND EDITION!!!
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
aragorn II Posted - 21 Jun 2004 : 18:51:49
I guess it all depends on what mood the Wizards who hail from the Coast are in.
SiriusBlack Posted - 21 Jun 2004 : 18:21:17
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Yup. Things in novels don't always follow the rules of the game, because storytelling is more important than numbers or rules.

My only problem is I've seen some authors hanged in effigy for not following the rules while others seem to get a free pass.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Jun 2004 : 17:58:03
quote:
Originally posted by aragorn II

Yeah, the justification is...
[Drumroll]
...Bob can bend the rules, he's an author.
[Applause]

Yup. Things in novels don't always follow the rules of the game, because storytelling is more important than numbers or rules.
aragorn II Posted - 21 Jun 2004 : 17:04:04
Yeah, the justification is...
[Drumroll]
...Bob can bend the rules, he's an author.
[Applause]
Sourcemaster2 Posted - 18 Jun 2004 : 17:59:14
Has there ever been any justification for Drizzt using his darkness ability multiple times a day?
aragorn II Posted - 18 Jun 2004 : 15:22:02
I want to thank all of you for all of the information and links you have supplied me.
aragorn II Posted - 14 Jun 2004 : 21:48:24
Thank you for the link. Now, when does the Thousand Orcs take place?
Kuje Posted - 14 Jun 2004 : 19:17:37
quote:

Okay, when did he go to the surface?

:)

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/beforedod
aragorn II Posted - 14 Jun 2004 : 18:59:14
Okay, when did he go to the surface?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Jun 2004 : 19:48:35
quote:

Volo as in Marco Volo or Volothamp Geddam?

Marco Volo was an imposter, using and abusing Volothamp Geddarm's (almost) good name. The latter is a wonderful source of Realmslore, when he's not on the run.

And I'd have to check, but I believe that 1297 was the year of Drizzt's birth.
aragorn II Posted - 11 Jun 2004 : 18:28:49
Volo as in Marco Volo or Volothamp Geddarm?
SiriusBlack Posted - 08 Jun 2004 : 18:52:44
quote:

Alright, Tethoril. Okay, what is some stuff that people know about Drizzt? Like, what year was he born, when did he go to the surface, does he have a favorite food, etc.?

Isn't 1297 DR his birth? As for favorite food, I'm not sure. Perhaps one day there will be Drizzt: The Unauthorized Biography by Volo that will reveal many of these details.
aragorn II Posted - 08 Jun 2004 : 17:56:23
Alright, Tethoril. Okay, what is some stuff that people know about Drizzt? Like, what year was he born, when did he go to the surface, does he have a favorite food, etc.?
Tethtoril Posted - 07 Jun 2004 : 20:33:09
*tap, tap*

Oh, sorry there folk, forgot how long this blasted staff was. Please return to the topic or allow this scroll to fade into the shelves of the library.
aragorn II Posted - 07 Jun 2004 : 19:20:25
It may be funny after the fact, but it sure as heck ain't funny right at the present.
Yoshimo Posted - 05 Jun 2004 : 23:41:12
An ailment to which we all suffer, it seems.
aragorn II Posted - 04 Jun 2004 : 17:53:06
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

Could they please be put here too?

Sorry, but to my knowledge, though this varies, that would be too large amount of copyrighted information to post.

I think RPGNOW has it available for download if you are interested in that.

The thing is, I'm a freshman without a job. In other words...I'm broke
aragorn II Posted - 01 Jun 2004 : 18:56:29
Okay. Thank you.
SiriusBlack Posted - 01 Jun 2004 : 18:25:10
quote:

I may come across a wee bit overconcerned, but I've already created a topic that was locked and a topic that people warned me might be crossing a line.

Even more reason to have something in email from a moderator on what can or can't be posted. This way if people start to voice concerns you have something to back up that you can post whatever you did.
aragorn II Posted - 01 Jun 2004 : 18:16:49
I may come across a wee bit overconcerned, but I've already created a topic that was locked and a topic that people warned me might be crossing a line.
SiriusBlack Posted - 01 Jun 2004 : 18:10:14
quote:

Am I unwittingly crossing a "copyright infringement" line? If so, I will pull back and retract my requests.

Best way to determine that would be to contact one of the moderators. I know what I've been told privately in an email on what can be posted and how much, and I know what I've seen. Thus, I'd check with them before listening to anyone else on here.
aragorn II Posted - 01 Jun 2004 : 17:56:02
Am I unwittingly crossing a "copyright infringement" line? If so, I will pull back and retract my requests.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 May 2004 : 20:02:47
quote:

First off, you're welcome Gion.

quote:
Some companies are quite particular about enforcing their copyrights, so a great many of us are fearful of treading on any toes on that particular issue. After all, we don't want to lose our home away from home.

Yes, as I recall wasn't TSR and its online coordinator in the mid 90s or so very fanatic with certain information being online? Not sure, but I seem to recall something like that when I was on the FR Mailing list way back then.

So I've heard... I don't know for certain, though, as I was justing venturing on-line for the first time in the mid- to late 90's. It was a couple years before I even found the Wizards website, and I didn't get into on-line communities other than Livejournal until about a year or so ago.
SiriusBlack Posted - 28 May 2004 : 19:26:45
First off, you're welcome Gion.

quote:
Some companies are quite particular about enforcing their copyrights, so a great many of us are fearful of treading on any toes on that particular issue. After all, we don't want to lose our home away from home.

Yes, as I recall wasn't TSR and its online coordinator in the mid 90s or so very fanatic with certain information being online? Not sure, but I seem to recall something like that when I was on the FR Mailing list way back then.
Thelonius Posted - 28 May 2004 : 19:16:07
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Gion

Thank for your, as usual, kindness, SiriusBlack. I recognize that when i read all the contributions that people as you, The Sage, Sarta or Bookwyrm do i feel overwhelmed cause my knowledge is not so vast as yours.

Being new to the Realms can be overwhelming -- but at one point in time, all of us were new to the Realms.

I've been interested in the Realms since around 1990 or so. At that point, I started buying various supplements, as I could get them. That's the only reason I have a good amount of Realms knowledge now! Still, I sometimes still feel overwhelmed, because I know I'm not nearly as knowledgable as some others here.

Having a community like this is great for new fans -- especially considering how the scribes here are a friendly and helpful bunch. Believe you me, I wish I had found this site a few years ago!

Feel free to ask questions, though. That's part of why we're here.

Thanks wooly rupert, i completely agree with you about the kindness of the scribes here. It's refreshing. I've got many questions, i don't know many things but i try to carry with it, and learn as much as i can.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 May 2004 : 19:05:38
quote:

Thank for your, as usual, kindness, SiriusBlack. I recognize that when i read all the contributions that people as you, The Sage, Sarta or Bookwyrm do i feel overwhelmed cause my knowledge is not so vast as yours.

Being new to the Realms can be overwhelming -- but at one point in time, all of us were new to the Realms.

I've been interested in the Realms since around 1990 or so. At that point, I started buying various supplements, as I could get them. That's the only reason I have a good amount of Realms knowledge now! Still, I sometimes still feel overwhelmed, because I know I'm not nearly as knowledgable as some others here.

Having a community like this is great for new fans -- especially considering how the scribes here are a friendly and helpful bunch. Believe you me, I wish I had found this site a few years ago!

Feel free to ask questions, though. That's part of why we're here.
Thelonius Posted - 28 May 2004 : 18:36:31
quote:

quote:

You Both are right SiriusBlack and Wooly Rupert. Sorry about my "contribution".

No need to apologize. What is and isn't allowed to be posted can be difficult to understand at times. That fact is why I suggested you email one of the moderators. I'm sure after talking to them you'll have a better understanding and you'll get it from an official source rather than second hand information.

SiriusBlack Posted - 28 May 2004 : 18:32:34
quote:

No need to apologize. What is and isn't allowed to be posted can be difficult to understand at times. That fact is why I suggested you email one of the moderators. I'm sure after talking to them you'll have a better understanding and you'll get it from an official source rather than second hand information.
Thelonius Posted - 28 May 2004 : 18:29:24
SiriusBlack Posted - 28 May 2004 : 16:29:15
quote:
It doesn't have to be useful to be copyrighted.

LOL! I just got this image of a person holding a book and as he/she reads the last page, the person begins to shout, "Why is this copyrighted?! There is nothing useful in here!"

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000