Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Athrogate
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sunderstone
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2022 :  21:32:02  Show Profile Send Sunderstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
How strong is Athrogate? Even with his belt of Storm Giant's strength, he seems ridiculously strong. I am assuming the belt's enhancement stacks on top of his natural strength and he must be incredibly strong to begin with for some of the ridiculous feats of strength he has accomplished and durability for that matter.

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2022 :  21:58:30  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He has plot strength, which means he is on equal strength with whatever great foes is to be faced. However with fury on his side he will overcome any foe no matter how ridiculously overpowered it may seem. I firmly believe at some point he will face a god and win.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Sunderstone
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2022 :  22:43:23  Show Profile Send Sunderstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It does seem like at least from a brute strength perspective, he is like the Incredible Hulk. As strong as he needs to be for whatever is in front of him. Maybe he will fight a god and win, or maybe he will be raised up by Moradin as the Dwarven God of Strength. I would pay good money to see him take on Bahgtru.

Edited by - Sunderstone on 09 Apr 2022 20:21:06
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2022 :  17:28:01  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Arthrogate's true nemesis is a bathtub. He has dung smeared in his beard and has a stench second only to Thibbledorf Pwent, another character in the Lord Ginsu (TM) franchise.
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2022 :  22:06:22  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He is as strong as a storm giant. However, the game rules have often given a + to strength rather than a storm giant's actual strength.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2022 :  00:17:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

Arthrogate's true nemesis is a bathtub. He has dung smeared in his beard and has a stench second only to Thibbledorf Pwent, another character in the Lord Ginsu (TM) franchise.

I love that other people are using that name.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000