Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Tymanther Guide - searching for beta-reader
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2020 :  23:15:15  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm about to finish my regional guide about Tymanther (just proof reading for grammar and stuff). For now I have lore about the region, the clans and stuff. I have to thank Ed Greenwood and Erin Evans, as they have answered a lot of lore questions that have helped me writing this document. And I'm now searching for a beta-readers or two.

I'd love to publish this on DM's Guild, but I have no idea on how to create 5e stuff. So, any help to convert some monsters from 4e to 5e, or to create some sub-classes would be gladly welcomed.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 17 Feb 2020 00:39:13

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  01:46:43  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I’d be over the moon to read it!

Also, you can go pretty light on mechanics and still sell on the Guild; my Eberon book is all fluff except for a single spell.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  04:11:19  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm fairly decent at conversions
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  04:49:07  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you both. As soon as I finish with the proof-reading, I'll send you a link with the document.

quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

I'm fairly decent at conversions

This would be fantastic. Do you have access to Dragon 379 and the 4e FR books? And to the Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale?

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 17 Feb 2020 04:49:33
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  05:18:58  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What does it cover? Is this aimed at DMs or players?

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  05:38:31  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To both. There is a section for players and other for DM's. But, as I said, is mostly lore. Like, info about the clans, the status blades and ranks, the different factions, the marriage contracts, and foodstuffs, among other things.

I just want a few "mechanic rules" to be able to share this in DM's Guild.

Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  15:49:47  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I’m pretty good with gmbinder putting together a decent looking document. I also know how to acquire appropriate art in the public domain. I’d be willing to help with both if you’d like.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  16:46:30  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

I’m pretty good with gmbinder putting together a decent looking document. I also know how to acquire appropriate art in the public domain. I’d be willing to help with both if you’d like.

This would be really helpful. I don't know how easy would be to get dragonborn art, tho. But any Mesopotamian buildings would be really great.

Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  17:25:20  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

This would be really helpful. I don't know how easy would be to get dragonborn art, tho. But any Mesopotamian buildings would be really great.

Just as an example, here's what took me 20 minutes. I'll explain my steps in case you want to try something similar.

1. I did a search in pixabay.com for "mesopotamia" and this image came up as free from a photographer named tunaolger.

Mesopotamia Art from Pixabay

2. I didn't like the idea of a RW photograph, so I altered it using befunky.com which I have a subscription to (well worth it).

Here is a crosshatch version....

Here is a cartoonized version...

There are literally dozens of other versions I could make, just doing this to sample.

3. I used easy code to copy and paste and change what you want to put the image in Gmbinder. This is the final product. I don't like the aesthetics as is, but its just to show you it takes a really short time.

Tymanther Cover

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  17:33:46  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Meh, I like the Stained Glass effect from Lunapic.com much, much better, and it is free to use.

Tymanther Cover 2

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  19:56:36  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, that's really good. I'm going to use it, if you don't mind. Now, if we could get some art that can represent Djerad Thymar...

The beta pdf is almost ready, I guess I will share it here tonight m

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 17 Feb 2020 19:58:26
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  20:17:36  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wow, that's really good. I'm going to use it, if you don't mind. Now, if we could get some art that can represent Djerad Thymar...

The beta pdf is almost ready, I guess I will share it here tonight m

Of course. I could also send you the code to just copy paste into gmbinder if you want to continue with it. I’ll do some more work and look for some dragon art. There is some promising pics on shutterstock but they charge unfortunately. I’ll.see what I can find.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  20:49:28  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More than dragon art, I need dragonborn art. There are a few in the DM's Guild resources... but I would be happy if they would have allowed just to use the 4e art.

I guess any humanoid dragon-men would be useful as well.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2020 :  23:10:53  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

This would be fantastic. Do you have access to Dragon 379 and the 4e FR books? And to the Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale?

I'm pretty sure I downloaded all the Dragon/Dungeon content before they blew up the DDI archives. And yes, I do have MV: Threats to Nentir Vale.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000