Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Waterdeep Drow
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2019 :  05:01:07  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So we know that Waterdeep doesn't like Mind Flayers or Drow (or Beholders and other monsters) roaming the streets AT ALL.

However, having said that, they really don't like Dragons in the city either...yet they have them in numbers.

So, are there Drow in the city?

I don't mean one of the Seven Sisters or her followers...I mean evil slaving drow operating in the city.

The simplest magic can make a Drow look like a "normal" elf...a Cantrip alone can make their skin any color they wish. So are there any that anyone knows of?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

TBeholder
Great Reader

2390 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2019 :  17:04:16  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Operating, no.
Some probably drop in for some or other business in disguise. But generally, the drow stay in Skullport.
Light and locals don't bother them much, and they still can deal with visiting humans as needed.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

_Jarlaxle_
Senior Scribe

Germany
584 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2019 :  18:20:08  Show Profile Send _Jarlaxle_ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We know that Bregan D'Arthe uses Polymorph spells to let their officers look like locals in Luskan. So I wouldn't completley rule it out, that they or other Drow groups also have operatives in Waterdeep running their business.
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2019 :  18:27:06  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There should be a lot in Undermountain, I guess.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2019 :  02:20:22  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IIRC in Volo's Guide to Waterdeep, isn't there a Club/Bar/Tavern that is staffed by Drow? Or is it Humans dressed like Drow. It's been awhile since I looked through that Gem of Realmslore, so I could be mistaken...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2019 :  05:05:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

IIRC in Volo's Guide to Waterdeep, isn't there a Club/Bar/Tavern that is staffed by Drow? Or is it Humans dressed like Drow. It's been awhile since I looked through that Gem of Realmslore, so I could be mistaken...

The Crawling Spider, in the Castle Ward.

"The waitresses, hired for their sensuous walks and love of male company, wear black bodysuits and masks to make them look like drow."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Nilus Reynard
Learned Scribe

Canada
137 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2019 :  09:59:43  Show Profile Send Nilus Reynard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Waterdeep proper, I don't imagine that there would be many drow walking around in the open, except perhaps clearly identifiable clergy of Eilistraee. But I would think that Skullport would have them walking (or skulking) around.

Nilus Reynard
Doom Master of Beshaba, Hand of Despair.
P24 Hm CN
(2nd Edition AD&D)
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2019 :  13:42:01  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

The Crawling Spider, in the Castle Ward.

"The waitresses, hired for their sensuous walks and love of male company, wear black bodysuits and masks to make them look like drow."

Many thanks Furry One!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic