Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Waterdeep Drow

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dalor Darden Posted - 19 Dec 2019 : 05:01:07
So we know that Waterdeep doesn't like Mind Flayers or Drow (or Beholders and other monsters) roaming the streets AT ALL.

However, having said that, they really don't like Dragons in the city either...yet they have them in numbers.

So, are there Drow in the city?

I don't mean one of the Seven Sisters or her followers...I mean evil slaving drow operating in the city.

The simplest magic can make a Drow look like a "normal" elf...a Cantrip alone can make their skin any color they wish. So are there any that anyone knows of?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brimstone Posted - 20 Dec 2019 : 13:42:01
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

IIRC in Volo's Guide to Waterdeep, isn't there a Club/Bar/Tavern that is staffed by Drow? Or is it Humans dressed like Drow. It's been awhile since I looked through that Gem of Realmslore, so I could be mistaken...

The Crawling Spider, in the Castle Ward.

"The waitresses, hired for their sensuous walks and love of male company, wear black bodysuits and masks to make them look like drow."

Many thanks Furry One!
Nilus Reynard Posted - 20 Dec 2019 : 09:59:43
In Waterdeep proper, I don't imagine that there would be many drow walking around in the open, except perhaps clearly identifiable clergy of Eilistraee. But I would think that Skullport would have them walking (or skulking) around.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 20 Dec 2019 : 05:05:15
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

IIRC in Volo's Guide to Waterdeep, isn't there a Club/Bar/Tavern that is staffed by Drow? Or is it Humans dressed like Drow. It's been awhile since I looked through that Gem of Realmslore, so I could be mistaken...

The Crawling Spider, in the Castle Ward.

"The waitresses, hired for their sensuous walks and love of male company, wear black bodysuits and masks to make them look like drow."
Brimstone Posted - 20 Dec 2019 : 02:20:22
Zeromaru X Posted - 19 Dec 2019 : 18:27:06
There should be a lot in Undermountain, I guess.
_Jarlaxle_ Posted - 19 Dec 2019 : 18:20:08
We know that Bregan D'Arthe uses Polymorph spells to let their officers look like locals in Luskan. So I wouldn't completley rule it out, that they or other Drow groups also have operatives in Waterdeep running their business.
TBeholder Posted - 19 Dec 2019 : 17:04:16
Operating, no.
Some probably drop in for some or other business in disguise. But generally, the drow stay in Skullport.
Light and locals don't bother them much, and they still can deal with visiting humans as needed.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000