Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Forbidden Sands of Anauroch
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2002 :  08:50:05  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I managed to locate The Forbidden Sands of Anauroch, issues 1 and 2 some time ago. Does anyone know if the other 4 issues got released? And maybe where I can get them? (im in the UK).

Thanks

Rad

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2002 :  21:00:31  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find the best place to find the books is forbidden planet in strand (London)

Daveron: My name is Daveron, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

BG1.
Go to Top of Page

ArcticKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2002 :  21:28:48  Show Profile  Visit ArcticKnight's Homepage Send ArcticKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are these Comics or Magazines? i have never heard of them before...

Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2002 :  21:31:42  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They sell comics and have a great seletion of forgotten relm book
(look in the basement)

Daveron: My name is Daveron, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

BG1.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2002 :  08:52:28  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks King-Tiax! Im over at GENCON UK this weekend, I dont suppose that the Forbidden Planet store is anywhere near Olympia? (I dont know London at all)

ArcticKnight - The Forbidden Sands... are hardcover comics, check out: http://www.candlekeep.com/bookshelf/novels/fsoa1.htm

Im not really that keen on them as i dont like the anime style of artwork, but if its got a Forgotten Realms logo on the cover, then ill buy it

Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2002 :  14:32:25  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you will find good fellow that forbidden planet is never too far away while you are in London, it is only a quick hop on the tube and down a few stops.

it can be located at:-

71 New Oxford Street, London

it is a little shop but has lots of interesting things in it.

Strahd

"I am the Ancient, I am the Land"
Go to Top of Page

ArcticKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2002 :  00:51:44  Show Profile  Visit ArcticKnight's Homepage Send ArcticKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i just won part 1 and 2 on ebay for 2 bucks for both of em...lol , i had never heard of them and if they wernt hard back would ignore them still , but since they are hardback graphic novels, i had to add em to my collection....

"The man who does not read has little advantage over the man who cannot read."

Go to Top of Page

Solmyr
Seeker

Sweden
78 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2002 :  12:04:24  Show Profile  Visit Solmyr's Homepage Send Solmyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice :)

Were they in good condition?

When I get my visa card, I must start buying out of print books on ebay..

With each post i grow wiser and with added wisdom I grow stronger.
Go to Top of Page

ArcticKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2002 :  14:15:53  Show Profile  Visit ArcticKnight's Homepage Send ArcticKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeap, they appear to be new/unread, very tight binding... for 2 bucks, a steal...

Go to Top of Page

Solmyr
Seeker

Sweden
78 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2002 :  11:54:29  Show Profile  Visit Solmyr's Homepage Send Solmyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it difficult to buy things at ebay?

With each post i grow wiser and with added wisdom I grow stronger.
Go to Top of Page

ArcticKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2002 :  18:10:18  Show Profile  Visit ArcticKnight's Homepage Send ArcticKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its very simple, just register and bid, u dont need a credit card or anything...most people that sell (like 97%) accept money orders or personal checks , so after the auction they email u with thier address and u send em a money order then they send u the product.

Go to Top of Page

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2003 :  03:44:10  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hmm... to bring this subject back to life... heh... anyone know why the last four hardcover comics weren't published?

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2003 :  23:27:18  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just incase anyone is interested, I found on a website recently that the publisher cancelled numbers 4,5 and 6 of this series (booo hiisssss). Dont ya just hate it when that happens!

Not sure about number 3 though, it didnt say it had been cancelled as such, just that it was "late".... although I guess you can take that as meaning it will never see that light of day.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2003 :  23:49:38  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's Tom Costa's great review of the first issue: http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0007C&L=realms-l&P=R277
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000