Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Giant Nyamma-Numo of Katashaka
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2017 :  17:31:30  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, when I was writing up a back story of Osse a few months back, I started a list of nyamma-numo (or giant Kaiju like beings that are worshipped like King Kong was on skull island). Some of those entities (such as Chupoclops) are now dead. There may have been others born since then. Since then, I've been thinking more on the subject, and I want to flesh this out more and also see if it sparks ideas with anyone. For instance, I like the idea that certain deities have gargantuan bodies that are in Katashaka as nyamma-numo (in the list below, at least five have linkages to realmsian gods). I'm picturing each of these creatures holding a territory of their own that might equal 3 small cities (maybe a quarter the size of Cormyr and less populous per square mile).

So, here goes starting a list

Mhairshaulk, a giant snake
served by Yuan-Ti and/or other snake folk. Maybe have weresnakes.

Ramenos, lord of the Batrachi
served by grung and grippli and sivs

Camazotz, Beast Lord of Bats
served by bainligors, werebats, and a tribe of daemonfey. Recently making inroads into Lopango jungle and converting worship of captured drow. Have their cult have an infatuation with blood, darkness, and cannibalism.

Ragarra, a gargantuan, winged half-dragon deinosuchus
This dinosaur like half-dragon crocodile named Ragarra is served by crocodilians

Gozirra, the giant spineback reptile which spits lightning and roars thunder;
Served by a tribe of half-blue dragon lizard folk that have spiny backs.

Tarrask, the giant rending horror
served by raptor-like saurials and lizard folk.

Kaeng, the gargantous, bonespur covered ape
Served by bigfoot-like humanoids (Alaghi)

Gabara, the giant fire-breathing snapping turtle
served by a variation of bullywug that has grown a shell like a turtle.

Groedan, the giant pterasaur with the resounding shriek
served by pterafolk

Ghidoera, the many headed dragon-like beast
served by Ettins who keep hydras as watchdogs.

Kee'gah, the mighty panther

A gargantuan displacer beast, but with snakeheaded tentacles like a Kamadan and bonespurs. Served by bloodthirsty tabaxi and wereleopards who capture beings of other tribes and convert them into wereleopards.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2017 :  18:46:04  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, perhaps even

Heresa Hesi, the Vulture King
A giant vulture with some shadow and necrotic powers served by Vulture folk and kenku who keep an army of shadows/spirits and involve themselves as warlocks and spirit shamans using local spirits. Maybe they keep giant ravens and vultures that they ride. He has a predisposition for gems and his people are required to gather them to him. Give some kind of gem magic to his culture.

That should be enough of a mix of different races

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2017 :  05:45:09  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, another... giant arachnid mix of scorpion and spider. Have ettercaps and tlincalli both serving it.

Another, a giant mushroom like being served by myconids, campestri, thornies, and vegepygmies.... also maybe others like wood woads, various blights, etc...

Oh, and of course, "lesser" nyamma-numo will also exist... froghemoths, dinosaurs, behirs, dire animals, purple worms, hydras, ankhegs, giant insects, mammoths, wyverns, rocs, otyughs, chuul, etc... .

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000