Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 d&d 3.5 Apprentice & mentor feat
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maltor ramus
Acolyte

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2016 :  18:55:17  Show Profile Send maltor ramus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
i have some question about those feats

First Question: if at level 1 a choose apprentice as a feat and i get a mentor spellcaster, when i get to level 5 spellcaster can i get a new mentor lets say in criminal mentor to become a rogue apprentice?

second question: can a mentor mentor 2 different type of apprentice like a spellcaster & a rogue one

thx for helping me

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2016 :  21:53:57  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) No. Once you reach level 5 you surpass your mentor and probably swap out the Apprentice feat for the Mentor feat automatically. However, you can switch mentors before you reach level 5, as stated in Gaining a New Mentor. However, you would immediately lost the original mentor's secondary benefits, and would lost the class skills at your next level up.

2) An NPC mentor? Probably, assuming they have the appropriate classes (for instance, a wizard who works for a thieves' guild). A PC mentor? Not really, since the text says you should have one apprentice at a time.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000