Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Novel for Rage of Demons
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2015 :  01:53:01  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The new trailer makes me want to read some Realms again. Even Drizzt, whom I'd finally abandoned after the Neverwinter Quartet. The follow up entries in the Companions' Codex sounded like a remake of the Hunters' Blades trilogy.

But the Rage of Demons trailer looked really good. So, which Drizzt novel kicks off the Rage?

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2015 :  02:16:49  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
RAS's latest novel Archmage is the kick-off point.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2015 :  20:25:51  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The up coming novel Ashes of the Tyrant by Erin M. Evans will also be effected by the rage of demons plotline.
Go to Top of Page

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2015 :  23:32:05  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you both. Question about something. Last I read Realms, balor denoted a type of demon. Errtu was a balor. In Archmage's sample chapter there appears to be a balor named Balor...is he a special personage in the Realms' infernal hierarchy?

Also - the rise of Tiamat that gets mentioned in the Archmage sample...is it a major plot point of the Companions' Codex? I know there were some frost giants riding white dragons in one of the CC novels and that they came out about the same time as the Tiamat event was being promoted.

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul

Edited by - Entromancer on 28 Dec 2015 23:34:44
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2015 :  13:01:08  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The balor named Balor, from what I understood reading the book, is basically the strongest of his kind and the one responsible for naming the species. Other such demons also appear in the book such as Marilith.

The rise of Tiamat is a minor plot point of the Companion's Codex.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000