Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Any Forgotten Reams Books
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zoomings
Acolyte

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  01:20:03  Show Profile Send Zoomings a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there any forogotten realms books worth reading besides the Dritzz books? I'm new and I don't know what series to read

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  01:57:46  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erevis Cale series by Paul Kemp. Anything by Elaine Cunningham. The Finder's Stone series by Jeff Grubb... in short, lots.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  03:31:09  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everyone has different authors whom they prefer. Are all the Drizzt books worth reading? That's debatable.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  03:53:36  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, uh, gonna be blunt, but if the Drizzt books are your metric for what's worth reading in the Realms, there's a heck of a lot of things more worth reading in the franchise. >_>
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  09:26:23  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It depends on what you want to get out of reading.

If you want to be entertained, read anything.

If you want insight into various areas of the Forgotten Realms, Ed Greenwood himself has done a few novels that are good.

On the other hand, if you want really good stories; I encourage you to find some friends, sit down, and play whatever rules system you like and use the printed game materials to create your own stories.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  12:51:07  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salvatore, Elaine Cunningham, Ed Greenwood have all been my favorites. Ed's books are great for picking new lore out to use in a campaign. Elaine pretty much nails it when it comes to writing elves.

Welcome to the Realms btw!
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  13:51:19  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What era? The Finder's Stone trilogy by Jeff Grubb is my favorite series, set before the Time of Troubles (well..and a bit right after). Excellent, classic Realms.
Go to Top of Page

eeorey
Seeker

Bulgaria
96 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2015 :  14:58:39  Show Profile Send eeorey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It'd be best if you were to say what exactly are you interested in reading about in the realms, what caught your eye whilst reading the Drizzt novels that you'd like to read more about?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000