Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 R.A. Salvatore supposition
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2015 :  15:20:21  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Master Salvatore wrote today that he was writing a fight scene between Drizzt and Grandmaster Kane.

I'm NOT interested in who scribes think would win such a fight (we got enough of that crud on the Wizards boards) but I am interested in theories as to WHY they might be fighting.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2015 :  16:54:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They're fighting over the last of the Hot Pockets.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2015 :  17:06:45  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

Master Salvatore wrote today that he was writing a fight scene between Drizzt and Grandmaster Kane.

I'm NOT interested in who scribes think would win such a fight (we got enough of that crud on the Wizards boards) but I am interested in theories as to WHY they might be fighting.

He wrote that the fight scene involved both of them. He never said they would be fighting each other. Whether they are together or against each other, I can only imagine that the Rage of Demons is responsible.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2015 :  18:02:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilianviaten

quote:

He wrote that the fight scene involved both of them. He never said they would be fighting each other. Whether they are together or against each other, I can only imagine that the Rage of Demons is responsible.

...because Errtu took the last Hot Pocket. Kane had even called "Dibs!" on it and everything!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 09 Dec 2015 18:06:05
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2015 :  07:11:26  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kane looked down wistfully at the last savory hand pie for sale in the quaint Luskan shop. The slightly chubby but rosy-cheeked baker's assistant turned her head toward him. “Dearie, you're jus' skin an' bones under tha' robe! I'll let ye have that pie fer a mere silver – ye'll get some food in ye, ye will!”

Kane glanced up, lost in thought and a pang of hunger. Usually he was above such requirements of the body, having undergone a kind of transformation. The minced lamb and potato smelled wonderful, and he breathed in. His senses came alive, and he could tell the gravy was still warm and slightly salty, perfectly melded in that... hot pocket... mingling with the juices of the meat and warmed spices.

But suddenly, a slim sword flashed out of nowhere, a dark-skinned hand masterfully slicing through the air to jab into the center of the warm and delightfully crispy-crusted hand pie.

“Hah!” said Drizzt. “Last one, and it's mine!” he smiled innocently at Kane.

Kane's eyes, dark and moody, slowly traveled from the stabbed pie up along the sword and into Drizzt's curious violet eyes. “Dibs,” he said simply. Then, “first come, first serve.”

The bakery assistant's mouth dropped wide, having seen this kind of thing happen before, and end badly. A tiny, almost inaudible yelp escaped her lips as she backed away from the two. From behind the case, she offered “there be another batch come real soon, ye see! No need fer this!”

Drizzt chuckled, “Kane, you were standing there motionless for a good quarter-bell. You can't have it.”

The pastry shop exploded into slamming fists, acrobatics, and random bits of broken glass and splinters from the display case. A crowd gathered outside, too scared too do more than peek through the window – which suddenly shattered as the two men burst through.

The hand pie, meanwhile, had somehow separated itself from Drizzt's sword and was leisurely floating toward a robed figure about ten paces away. It landed in his hand, and he promptly bit into it. Bits of steam escaped into the air as he munched on the pastry and licked the sauce from his lips. Some of the crumbs escaped into his beard.

Both Kane and Drizzt stopped their flurry of punches as they recognized the robed man. Elminster.

The wizard smiled broadly, burped and rubbed his belly satisfyingly, tipping his hat to the two rolling on the ground. “Magic wins every time, especially when there's a hand pie to be had!” he said, then promptly vanished in a sparkle of multicolored lights. Dazed, the fight left both Kane and Drizzt and they slumped back down in the street.

“This is entirely your fault, you know,” Regis said to Drizzt. Catti-Brie and Wulfgar glanced at each other and couldn't help but laugh out loud. Regis, smiling, then pulled out his own hand pie and started munching.

Bruenor kicked a small stone in the street. “Bah! An' ye just had ta destroy tha best savories shop on the block, ye bleedin' idiots! Now ya have ta repay her, we won' have enough coin ta eat and get a mug! Not tha human ale or beer is actually any good, mind!” He glanced to Regis, “And you! Where did ya get that pie?!”

Regis simply smiled as he finished the pie. “Priorities and preparation. One in the hand is better than two in the street,” he offered – and everyone groaned.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer

Edited by - Eltheron on 12 Dec 2015 07:14:25
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2015 :  13:28:28  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eltheron

Kane looked down wistfully at the last savory hand pie for sale in the quaint Luskan shop. The slightly chubby but rosy-cheeked baker's assistant turned her head toward him. “Dearie, you're jus' skin an' bones under tha' robe! I'll let ye have that pie fer a mere silver – ye'll get some food in ye, ye will!”

Kane glanced up, lost in thought and a pang of hunger. Usually he was above such requirements of the body, having undergone a kind of transformation. The minced lamb and potato smelled wonderful, and he breathed in. His senses came alive, and he could tell the gravy was still warm and slightly salty, perfectly melded in that... hot pocket... mingling with the juices of the meat and warmed spices.

But suddenly, a slim sword flashed out of nowhere, a dark-skinned hand masterfully slicing through the air to jab into the center of the warm and delightfully crispy-crusted hand pie.

“Hah!” said Drizzt. “Last one, and it's mine!” he smiled innocently at Kane.

Kane's eyes, dark and moody, slowly traveled from the stabbed pie up along the sword and into Drizzt's curious violet eyes. “Dibs,” he said simply. Then, “first come, first serve.”

The bakery assistant's mouth dropped wide, having seen this kind of thing happen before, and end badly. A tiny, almost inaudible yelp escaped her lips as she backed away from the two. From behind the case, she offered “there be another batch come real soon, ye see! No need fer this!”

Drizzt chuckled, “Kane, you were standing there motionless for a good quarter-bell. You can't have it.”

The pastry shop exploded into slamming fists, acrobatics, and random bits of broken glass and splinters from the display case. A crowd gathered outside, too scared too do more than peek through the window – which suddenly shattered as the two men burst through.

The hand pie, meanwhile, had somehow separated itself from Drizzt's sword and was leisurely floating toward a robed figure about ten paces away. It landed in his hand, and he promptly bit into it. Bits of steam escaped into the air as he munched on the pastry and licked the sauce from his lips. Some of the crumbs escaped into his beard.

Both Kane and Drizzt stopped their flurry of punches as they recognized the robed man. Elminster.

The wizard smiled broadly, burped and rubbed his belly satisfyingly, tipping his hat to the two rolling on the ground. “Magic wins every time, especially when there's a hand pie to be had!” he said, then promptly vanished in a sparkle of multicolored lights. Dazed, the fight left both Kane and Drizzt and they slumped back down in the street.

“This is entirely your fault, you know,” Regis said to Drizzt. Catti-Brie and Wulfgar glanced at each other and couldn't help but laugh out loud. Regis, smiling, then pulled out his own hand pie and started munching.

Bruenor kicked a small stone in the street. “Bah! An' ye just had ta destroy tha best savories shop on the block, ye bleedin' idiots! Now ya have ta repay her, we won' have enough coin ta eat and get a mug! Not tha human ale or beer is actually any good, mind!” He glanced to Regis, “And you! Where did ya get that pie?!”

Regis simply smiled as he finished the pie. “Priorities and preparation. One in the hand is better than two in the street,” he offered – and everyone groaned.

Thanks for the laugh

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2015 :  15:46:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You rock, Eltheron! You did far more with my joke than I could have!

Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2015 :  01:42:47  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh! I thought it'd be fun to have Elminster steal it.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2015 :  04:30:42  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol wooooow XD that's great.

Haha but back to the original question, perhaps they weren't fighting against each other, but it was a sparring match of some sort? Perhaps Kane is testing Drizzt, or trying to teach him something?

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

GungHo
Seeker

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2015 :  13:52:57  Show Profile  Visit GungHo's Homepage Send GungHo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I had to look up this person's name because I initially thought it was the name of a rapper.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000