Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Everyone please read!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Dalmar Amad
Seeker

Germany
56 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  01:46:02  Show Profile  Visit Dalmar Amad's Homepage Send Dalmar Amad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Dalmar Amad

5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?
What does that mean?

If you click on the Active Topics link at the top right, it will load a page showing all the threads that have been active since your last visit.

I see. I'm still learning something new.
Not yet, but I'll do it in the future.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2007 :  00:55:44  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

1) How often do you visit this forum?
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the ProductsNovels categories?
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High)

1) 5x a week, over an 8-hour period each time.
2) 1x a weekish.
3) Yes.
4) Only if they were really well done (like the ones in the CK Compendium).
5) Yes. A lot.
6) Yes.
7) For content: 10; for overall web design: 6

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2007 :  01:02:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

4) Only if they were really well done (like the ones in the CK Compendium).

As someone who puts a lot of time and effort into the Compendium, thank you for saying that!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

vertus
Acolyte

Brazil
18 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2007 :  14:51:54  Show Profile Send vertus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once a month, sometimes less than that.

Also once a month.

3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
It's always a nice way to know what has changed without having to navigate through all the pages.

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
Yes, by all means!

No.

6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the ProductsNovels categories?
I try to visit all forums every time I visit.

Substance 9.5
Form 6.5
Overall 8

"Misty morning
Clouds in the sky
Without warning
A wizard walks by"
Go to Top of Page

Akeri Rualuavain
Seeker

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  01:05:37  Show Profile  Visit Akeri Rualuavain's Homepage Send Akeri Rualuavain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? 3 time a week aproximatively
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? not often
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) yes
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? yes
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? yes
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the ProductsNovels categories? yes
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) 10
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  15:30:39  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1-As often as possible
2-As often as possible
3-Yes
4-Yes
5-Yes
6-No restrictions, anything that sounds interesting.
7-9/10

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page

Toedoe
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  16:24:03  Show Profile Send Toedoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

1)As often as possible
2)At least once a week I guess
3)Yes
4)Some
5)Every time I log on
6)I visit all forum categories
7)7/10

’ll explain #7. I love the active topic function on the forums but I feel the form needs a go to first new post function also. If I can’t visit the forum for, say a week, and a thread I am interested in has been highly used, then the last post I read and the first new one I haven’t can be hard to find. Well not hard just time consuming and that is a major peeve with me. So if you could add a first new post function to a thread I would give this site a 10/10.
Go to Top of Page

Laerrigan
Learned Scribe

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2007 :  23:50:58  Show Profile  Visit Laerrigan's Homepage Send Laerrigan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
---I've just recently started posting to the forums, but I'll probably visit fairly frequently when engaged in an active topic.

---Usually once every week or two, to reference certain information.

---I scan them for updates to a couple specific items, and now and then I see something unfamiliar that looks interesting.

---I'm most interested in canon, but that's because I write FR stories with the intent of one day submitting them in a WotC open call (if they ever have one again). If I were a DM, I'd be VERY interested in the marvelous fan-created articles for spicing up my campaigns. As a writer, though, the fan-created things do help spur my imagination.

---Still exploring the functions and possibilities of this site; I'll have to try that one.

---Candlekeep Inn has some great potential, in my eyes...I love RPing. And the Chamber of Sages is a wonderful idea.

---Certainly 9-10; very well-contructed and organized, and containing great information and resources.

"Your 'reality,' sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever." (Baron Munchausen)
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was not made for this world." (C.S. Lewis, "Surprised by Joy")
Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2007 :  18:24:54  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? I try to visit every day (when life doesn't get in the way)
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? only a few times a month
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)I check them now and then, but I'm not what you'd call interested.
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? YES!
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? Not so much. I scan through what's new since I last visited and then I just kind of explore.
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the ProductsNovels categories? I try to visit all of the categories at least once a month, even if I don't post.
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) 10 - hands down - love it

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2007 :  00:44:39  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I try to visit once a day, but I'll still take breaks from that, or simply don't have time to be online.

quote:

Less often than the actual forum, but when I visit I enjoy myself. I encountered Candlekeep, as a website, way back before there were forums and I loved it.

quote:

Yes I am, especially regarding novel updates.

quote:

Yes I am.

quote:

No, because I'm fine with simply revisiting threads I've looked at before.

quote:

I visit all the FR specific forums.

quote:

10!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

tenacious1
Acolyte

21 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  07:15:29  Show Profile  Visit tenacious1's Homepage Send tenacious1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

1. I only recently joined, but since about Oct 07, I have been here at least 1x per month. After I joined, 1x every 1-2 days.

2. Rarely - I usually come straight here

3. Since I rarely go there, I'm not familiar with them

4. Mostly cannon information at the moment

5. Yes, and also the My Subscriptions

6. I've been poking around elsewhere. I like how you offer the Computer Game section. :)

7. I'll give it a 7. There is SOOOOO much info here that it's overwhelming. Once you sort through your searches, you can easily usually find answers to your specific question(s). One thing in particular that saved me TONS of time... I was able to find the names of all the sources that mention Aglarond... which was VERY cool. Kuje's stuff is very handy too. The one area that you need to work on, the scripts that operate the "search for all posts by xxxx", they seem to be timing out.

All in all, I really appreciate this site and admire your vastly superior OCD. Apparently my ADD seems to temper my OCD ;)

Thanks for the great site and info
Go to Top of Page

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2008 :  16:31:09  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I try to every day.
Again, once a day, though I don't understand it very well.
YES
YES
Never had yet.
I've been around a few of them. Still exploring the site.

I love PMs! Please send me a message. Even if its Hi.
Go to Top of Page

Elestar
Acolyte

Hungary
27 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  11:57:21  Show Profile  Visit Elestar's Homepage Send Elestar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
--Almost every day.

--As often as I need some infomation, a couple times in a month.

--Sometimes I check it.

--Of course, yes.

--Not much often, but I do.

--I try to visit more and more of them.

--I'll give 9, it is a very useful hoard of information, and it is also entertaining.

Player characers' descriptions
are liked in my Profile

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||
#8194;H o u s e #8194; E l e s t a r#8195;
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  16:14:55  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

2) 1x a weekish.
3) Yes.
I would like to change these two answers as follows:
2) Not often at all, but mainly because I do not know when it is updated because I almost exclusively visit the forums.
3) Quite interested, I just don't realize when the updates take place because I almost exclusively visit the forums.

Note: Are the updates of the rest of the site mentioned as frequently in the forums as they happen? If so, I must just miss the posts, and maybe they need to be made more prevalent. If not, maybe the moderators would consider posting what updates have happened when they happen in the forums.

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  17:03:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

2) 1x a weekish.
3) Yes.
2) Not often at all, but mainly because I do not know when it is updated because I almost exclusively visit the forums.
3) Quite interested, I just don't realize when the updates take place because I almost exclusively visit the forums.

Note: Are the updates of the rest of the site mentioned as frequently in the forums as they happen? If so, I must just miss the posts, and maybe they need to be made more prevalent. If not, maybe the moderators would consider posting what updates have happened when they happen in the forums.

Big Al does usually post in the forums when he's done a round of updates. It just doesn't happen terribly oft.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  01:29:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Big Al does like to include batches of FR news pieces together in each update. Which is why we sometimes have the long delay between updates.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  10:46:29  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

2) 1x a weekish.
3) Yes.

Well met

Aye, site updates are posted in the Site Content section of the forum.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  17:56:37  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

Then I must just miss it when it happens...

* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2008 :  08:45:54  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well met

Then I must just miss it when it happens...

Well met

There was a facility on the site, by the name of The Traveling Minstrel, which allowed you to sign up and be notified via email when site updates or announcements occured. Alas, this ceased to function when we moved servers It's on my list of things to fix, however.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2008 :  13:31:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did 'The Traveling Minstrel' ever work? I remember signing up shortly after I joined Candlekeep back in '02... and I don't ever recall receiving updates via email.

Edited by - The Sage on 18 Jul 2008 13:31:36
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2008 :  09:49:35  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Did 'The Traveling Minstrel' ever work? I remember signing up shortly after I joined Candlekeep back in '02... and I don't ever recall receiving updates via email.

Well met

Aye it worked in the earlier days. It ceased when moving from Linux to Windows server. The script is relatively straight forward but it simply wouldn't talk to the mail server anymore.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  01:30:36  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering, whatever happened to that nice music that used to play when you were on Candlekeep's main site? I miss that.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  02:11:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Twas "The Yewtree" by The Battlefield Band. The tune played upon arrival at the library, though it has since been removed. It received mixed opinions, and whilst the majority stated that the tune was quite pleasing, it sometimes interfered with reading and other tunes being played on individual machines.

It's available for download through the 'Shrine of Milil' here at Candlekeep.

Edited by - The Sage on 21 Jul 2008 02:14:13
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  02:13:40  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

We once did have music playing in the background of the Main Site of Candlekeep. 'Twas "The Yewtree" by The Battlefield Band. The tune played upon arrival at the library, though it has since been removed. It received mixed opinions, and whilst the majority stated that the tune was quite pleasing, it sometimes interfered with reading and other tunes being played on individual machines.

It's available for download through the 'Shrine of Milil' here at Candlekeep.

Thanks for the information. Oh well.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  02:41:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never liked it, myself. I don't like anything that makes my machine make noises unless it's me. And I don't even do all that much to make the computer make noise, anymore.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  03:15:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I kinda like it. In fact, I downloaded a copy from the Shrine of Milil just as soon as it became available. I play it every now and then to remind myself of the first year or so when I originally signed-up at Candlekeep.

Good times!

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  04:28:06  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can understand why some would find the music annoying, but I enjoyed it and never had any technical problems with it.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  09:22:34  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I kinda like it. In fact, I downloaded a copy from the Shrine of Milil just as soon as it became available. I play it every now and then to remind myself of the first year or so when I originally signed-up at Candlekeep.

Good times!

Well met

Aye, I take the odd trip down memory lane and play this for nostalgia's sake every now and then Brings a tear to the eye.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  13:49:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Good times!

Well met

Aye, I take the odd trip down memory lane and play this for nostalgia's sake every now and then Brings a tear to the eye.

It reminds Big Al of a time when that was the only kind of music one could hear. He remembers that time well, because it was a great improvement on the music of his youth: banging rocks together.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  14:17:04  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

Good times!

Well met

It reminds Big Al of a time when that was the only kind of music one could hear. He remembers that time well, because it was a great improvement on the music of his youth: banging rocks together.

Bad Hamster!! And after Big Al put that Wheel and maze in your room for you to work out!

here go chase this ::throws piece of cheese::

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 21 Jul 2008 14:17:43
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: