Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Everyone please read!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  02:59:43  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

Hi folks

Just wanted to do a bit of a quick survey, this isnt where id normally post a topic such as this but as this is the most popular forum sub-category then I thought it would be the best place to get everyones attention

We Scribes of Candlekeep are just wondering what usage you all get out of this site and the forum, so If you could please take a moment to answer the following questions then it will be a great help to us:

1) How often do you visit this forum?
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High)

Thanks for your time.

1) 2-4 times a day during the week

2) Once a week on average

3) Depends on what the update is, but I like knowing when there is one and usually they are good

4) I'm all for fan-created and cannon (some fan created stuff is usefull like Jorkens birds of Faerun), but having it specified as cannon or not is good

5) I do now since the subscription is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much trouble (flooded email of the same topic and topic not even in the Subject made me quit that method)

6) I'm all over the place, reading for the most part and posting when I want/need to

7) I'd give it an 8 because the navigation is sometimes a tad difficult.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

turox
Learned Scribe

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  06:14:21  Show Profile  Visit turox's Homepage Send turox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? Visit? If im at work I never leave.
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? When I need to look up some info or to dowload another section of the Compendium.
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)Yes I am it helps me realize stuff that I wasn't aware about.
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? I am as there is alot of non-canon info on Earth so why wouldn't there be in this one as well.
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? All the time, I just wish you people would post more stuff for me to read.
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? Not yet but I might after I read it some more.
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) As I am new I will give it an 8 for now.

Turox Antas Dragonslayer -
"People will believe anything they want to believe, or fear to believe."
Wizard's First Rule: Chapter 36, Page #397, US Hard Cover (revealed by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander).
Explanation by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander: "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  12:52:16  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. once every other day(dont have internet at home, so I use a work comp/its hard to sneak away when you work at a shipyard let me tell you!!);)
2. I look in sometimes to see if there are any new campain journals.
3. Allways.
4. yes of course, more info more....
5. every time, to learn and perhaps help my fellow roleplayers! =)
6. I havent yet, but might.
7. hmm....I love this site so......9.

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Thangorn
Seeker

New Zealand
84 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2006 :  14:27:56  Show Profile Send Thangorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Every few weeks
Frequently when I am developing stuff for alfa (see sig) or my own games
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
yes.. I always take a quick peek to see whats new
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
most definitely. Theres been plenty of fan-based stuff from candlekeep I have used in my games even though I'm a bit of a canon nut.
never used it but I might do now I've read this
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?
Yes. I visit questions for the Authors quite regularly, moreso than here.

Ex-A Land Far Away (ALFA) DM/Builder

Faerunian Canon Despot
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2006 :  15:26:37  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
during the work week I am alwys logged into the forum (unless I am out of the office)..then maybe once or twice in the evening and on the weekends

at least a couple of times a week as I sift through the site for info I need

I am very interested as it is taking me a while to sift through all the past works

I am very interested in official canon and I do incorporate ideas and information fan-based articles when they help my campaigns and ideas

constantly

I visit all of them

honestly I rate it an 8 as some of the site's services take a little bit of work to get a handle on, such as the "candlekeepish" names on some of the info links...but this site is the best site I have seen for both RPG info and the forum which is why I think the designers and writers participate here too...I am glad I joined it

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

Dewaint
Learned Scribe

Germany
148 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2006 :  11:35:06  Show Profile Send Dewaint a Private Message  Reply with Quote
in the past years it was very random, 2 times a month. But since i reactivated my FR campaign i am on this site 4-5 times a week

2-3 times a month

not realy

well, i'm trying to stay "canon" with the novels and official FR products, but many little changes have sneaked in over the years. I love to look at the ideas and projects of other folk arount the world and take this or that in im own campaign.

yes, very often

6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the ProductsNovels categories?
I look around in most categories. mainly "Chamber of Sages" and "Sages of Realmslore"

actually i know not many forums. IMO this is the best FR site i found in years so my rate is 10
Go to Top of Page

Ilztfryn Claddghym
Seeker

Canada
60 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  18:20:52  Show Profile  Visit Ilztfryn Claddghym's Homepage Send Ilztfryn Claddghym a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Just joined but will be around often
2) Same as 1)
3) Some of them
4) Yup
5) Ya i do
6) Yes I get around
7) 9

Ever dreamed of role playing in Faerun? Battling Obould's forces in the North or Pirates at sea? Join this board www.faerunrp.com/forum
Go to Top of Page

Ranin
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2006 :  04:45:17  Show Profile  Visit Ranin's Homepage Send Ranin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm starting to visit this site more often, so I thought I'd pitch in.

1- At least once every two days.
2- Same as 1
3- Yes
4- Definetly
5- Don't know how
6- Yes I am mostly in the Role playing sections
7- 9.999999.....

Listen to the silence of the wilds, in there lies the wisdom of ages.
Go to Top of Page

Besshalar
Learned Scribe

Finland
166 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2006 :  13:50:35  Show Profile  Visit Besshalar's Homepage Send Besshalar a Private Message  Reply with Quote

1) Daily and quite often a few times a day as well.
2)A few times a week
3)Yes and I wouldn't mind if it was updated more often.
4)Yes. Other peoples views are always interesting and might give some new ideas.
5)Yes quite often when I come in I check the threads.
6)Wotc site as well though less nowadays
7)9 It's a great site but there's always room for improvement.

The large print giveth , and the small print taketh away.
-Tom Waits
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2006 :  14:35:03  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1 - At least once every day
2 - once ewery week
3 - Yes.. Once ewery week i always take a quick peek to see whats new at the gallery here
"And yes wouldn't mind if it was updated more often"
4 - Yes
5 - yes, very often
6 - Yes, I visit all the forums.
7 - Hmmm to be honest.. 7 fore forums because i have seen better sites and forums. but fore the
Forgotten realms stuff.. i say Greaaatt 10

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 15 Nov 2006 14:36:05
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2006 :  17:13:02  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi folks

Just wanted to do a bit of a quick survey, this isnt where id normally post a topic such as this but as this is the most popular forum sub-category then I thought it would be the best place to get everyones attention

We Scribes of Candlekeep are just wondering what usage you all get out of this site and the forum, so If you could please take a moment to answer the following questions then it will be a great help to us:

6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the ProductsNovels categories?

Thanks for your time.

Hi all I've just seen this but thought I'd chip in.

1: I try to visit every day.
2: The same nearly every day
3: Yeah
4: Yes
5: All the time
6: Nearly all of them
7: Hmmm a good question. Now this as with all forums depends on the current topics being discussed at the time as well as the members behavior. All this taken into account I give it a 9.5 / 10
Nothing is perfect but this site is damn close

Damn good site you guy's really..

Better than WotC's site by-far (my own opinion) I actually came across from WotC site via Sage. THANKS!!

Delz

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2006 :  01:11:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delzounblood

Better than WotC's site by-far (my own opinion) I actually came across from WotC site via Sage. THANKS!!
Oh, well... that's why I always thought I was good for something.

Or at least, that's what I like to tell the Lady K.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

mavericace
Seeker

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2006 :  07:38:17  Show Profile  Visit mavericace's Homepage Send mavericace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) 3-5 times a week
2) once every week or 2
3) yes i like some of the downloads
4) not so much on the fan created stuff but yes to the cannon
5) not really
6) mostly the novel section
7) 9 a very very good site with helpfull folk
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2006 :  10:30:53  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Delzounblood

Oh, well... that's why I always thought I was good for something.

Or at least, that's what I like to tell the Lady K.

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Draeden
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2006 :  18:53:03  Show Profile  Visit Draeden's Homepage Send Draeden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Four - five times a week.
2) Three times a week
3) Sometimes, overall I find this site to be an excellent resource, as a DM.
4) Absolutely!
5) Yes.
6) Yes.
7) 9, an excellent site for Forgotten Realms.
Go to Top of Page

yargarth
Seeker

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2006 :  06:16:32  Show Profile  Visit yargarth's Homepage Send yargarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Today First day!
2) Todays the first day but I think I will vist alot
3) some of them
4) Yes
5) um
6)not yet
7) 8

"You take a step, then another. That's the journey. But to take a step with your eyes open is not a journey at all, it's a remaking of your own mind."

-Orson Scott Card
Ender in Exile
Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu
Fellaren-Krae Co-ordinator

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2006 :  07:43:41  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-----Um, to be honest i don't leave. My work PC has it as my homepage, and my home PC always has a tab open to CK forums.
-----Daily. Fellaren Krae is where I live *smiles*
----- Absolutely! THe continuing work on this site and the information that is updated is KEY to keeping people coming back!
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? Um..see again Fellaren krae living space. (yes)
-----Absolutely. That is how I find where people are either looking for answers or giving new information on the Realms.
-----I am a heavy Free Form Roleplayer in your threads, and also on the Site Content thread at the bottom (plus a bit of artwork I post :) )
---The forum and information on the site is 9.99 THe site itself is a 7. It could use an overhaul (i'd like to see two skins, a 2nd ed and a 3.5 ed skin. that'd rock and personalize the site for everyone!.)

Lucian "The Bringer" Barasu
Fellaren Krae Project Co-Ordinator

"Why do you cry?"
"He is Conan, Cimmerian. He won't cry... So I cry for him."
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  22:52:54  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I try to check it a few times a week.

Before I became a member i visited it a few times, but the last months it was a few times a week

Yes,

Yes, fan-created articles can give inspiration. You use what you need, and don't mind the other stuff :)

not yet, but i'm a newbie here

yes

I give it a 9
Go to Top of Page

XNedra
Acolyte

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2007 :  00:45:01  Show Profile Send XNedra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi folks

Thanks for your time.

1 Every day
2 Every day
3 Yes it is nice to know what is happening
4 Yes
5 No
6 Yes I do
7 I rate this site 10

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.
Go to Top of Page

Vierna
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  17:32:01  Show Profile  Visit Vierna's Homepage Send Vierna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) almost always daily.
2) the same
3) I take the time to read them
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) Yes but I mainly stick around here.
7) 9-10 I have spent several months just reading all the great material here and meeting all the wonderful people

"Part Well...Regret Nothing" ~ Paul Kemp The Erevis Cale Trilogy
Go to Top of Page

Mortagon
Acolyte

Norway
33 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2007 :  11:51:48  Show Profile  Visit Mortagon's Homepage Send Mortagon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

1) Every day
2) Every week
3) Yes
4) Yes, I especially enjoy the campaign journals
5) Sometimes
6) yes
7) I'll give it an 8, I like the forum layout and the site contents, but I think the main site should have a search function and be updated more often.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11681 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2007 :  16:04:25  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) usually every day, but sometimes a week or even month may pass
2) rarely to tell the truth
3) I occasionally check it out
4) very much so, I like the candlekeep compendiums.
5) OMG, yes!!!!!!! Its why I like this forum more than wizards.
6) yes
7) say an 8? The forum's great, but the main site isn't intuitive.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2007 :  16:11:49  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

1) Daily
2) Rarely (when looking for specific info)
3) Yeah
4) Fan-created, depends on quality, Candlekeep Compendium is great. Canon, of course !
5) Sure
6) Yeah, often.
7) Even if it's one of my most visited site, the WWW part doesn't meet today's web standards and the forum software is even worse.

Edited by - Skeptic on 11 Jul 2007 16:13:49
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2007 :  19:49:01  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
once to three times a week

every day

I'm a newbie and sometimes It's hard to understand everything !
Sometimes because of acronyms which are employed. no problems with D&D or FR acronyms but I have still some troubles with US or UK languages' acronyms (I recall that I'm a 3F : French Faerūn Fan)
But I'm sure that in one or two months I will be updated !

Not sure to understand the question ! Fan-created articles which would become official & canon events ?

Yes

yes, all forums thanks to the "active topic" tool.

10 with no hesitation !

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.

Edited by - Fillow on 11 Jul 2007 19:51:26
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2007 :  20:41:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Not sure to understand the question ! Fan-created articles which would become official & canon events ?

Canon refers to that which is official. Fan-created material is, by definition, unofficial. Some people are quite fierce about not deviating from published material, and others are happy to mix and match with any amount of fan-created material. So what the question is asking is if you are interested in solely official material, or if you are also interested in material written by fans.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2007 :  20:50:38  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot Wooly. That's clear now. So...

once to three times a week

every day

I'm a newbie and sometimes It's hard to understand everything !
Sometimes because of acronyms which are employed. no problems with D&D or FR acronyms but I have still some troubles with US or UK languages' acronyms (I recall that I'm a 3F : French Faerūn Fan)
But I'm sure that in one or two months I will be updated !

I prefer not to use fan-created items. I use only the official items.
Because of the risk to not respect FR canon events we wouldn't know and that so we wouldn't respect.
(I don't know if I'm explicit enough ! )

Yes

yes, all forums thanks to the "active topic" tool.

10 with no hesitation !

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.

Edited by - Fillow on 18 Jul 2007 20:51:05
Go to Top of Page

shadowni87
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2007 :  07:07:06  Show Profile  Visit shadowni87's Homepage Send shadowni87 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. every day
2. every day
3. yes
4. yes
5. yes
6. yes
7. 9.0

Libera animus omnium fidelium defunctorum de poenis obscurum
Go to Top of Page

Dalmar Amad
Seeker

Germany
56 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  00:27:28  Show Profile  Visit Dalmar Amad's Homepage Send Dalmar Amad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After all those years I visit candlekeep, I finally stumble upon this thread.

almost daily, sometimes even multiple times a day

daily, since I enter the forum through the main site. I check the main site about twice a month for updates, but sometimes I scan Ed's replies for specific topics and generally this takes a few days in a row.

Sure, if there's a topic which deals with a region or theme I'm interested in at the moment.

Again, if those articles happen to deal with a region or theme that I have a use for at the moment, yes.

What does that mean?

Most of the time I only look for new threads in the journals section.
Sometimes I search for specific info and may find my way to the categories.

about 8.5.( 9 or 10 in case I learn something of great importance to me)

This site and the forums are great. I love it
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  01:01:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalmar Amad

What does that mean?

If you click on the Active Topics link at the top right, it will load a page showing all the threads that have been active since your last visit.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Aewrik
Seeker

80 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  01:29:31  Show Profile Send Aewrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

1) Every day
2) Every now and then. More happens in the forums than on the website, so...
3) Yep. I've had great use of the material I've found here, even though it's a little hard to find at first.
4) I want it all!
5) As soon as I found the function I used it. That's how I noticed this scroll...
6) I'm mostly in the Journals and Products sections (in all categories). I lurk in all sections, though.
7) The forums are great. The site is a little hard to navigate at first (it takes a while to find out whether to go to Tethoril's bookshelf, or Alaundo's library). I actually quite glad it's not some superflashy... flash site. I don't want to put a rating on it, though. It's really good.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000